A nice glass of Wine

Options

Replies

• kngarber
    kngarber Posts: 227
    Options
    I love wine, but rarely drink any because I don't want the empty calories at this point.
  • Annmarie49
    Options
    Happy to continue to have wine or Gin 7 slimline tonic, I always add the calories into my daily count!!!
    I really enjoy it and although I am progressing with this healthier lifestyle, I am still going to keep the alcohol as part of it!!! :tongue:
  • cournae
    cournae Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Ohhh wine- It took every ounce of strength in me to not go out and buy a bottle this week! I will reward myself with a glass or two maybe every other week. Which is tough, because I would usually have 2-3 glasses about 3 nights a week :tongue:
  • Bellydance
    Bellydance Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Like a fish!!! It's the only thing I can tell that is hindering my weight loss, other than my age maybe? I recently read that if you ARE going to drink, don't eat much fat that day. Stick with protein and vegetables and it helps to metabolize the alcohol. If your body has fat in it to metabolize, it of course will process the alcohol first, but then slows down even more to process the fat. The science of it made sense I suppose. Interesting reading.
  • sweettthings
    sweettthings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have a couple glasses of wine about once a week. Occasionally I'll have a beer, although I try to limit those more than I do wine. No diet is successful if you can't maintain it, like previous posters have said it needs to be a lifestyle, and I like a drink sometimes.
  • msinister
    Options
    I tried to cut out alcohol entirely but my job, being a music manager, is all about smoozing. So it was kind of a hard thing to do, plus, I really enjoy a glass or wine with dinner and a cocktail now and again. I, like others, have just shaved off calories elsewhere so I can have my wine and drink it too. So to speak. :)
  • fitJoce
    fitJoce Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Yes! about every other night I'll share a bottle with my husband. I log it and it's worth every calorie :) I can't wait to try Bethanny Frankel's new skinnygirl line of red and white wines that are coming out. I also like a skinnygirl margarita on occasion too ;)
  • menopass
    menopass Posts: 27
    Options
    Yes! about every other night I'll share a bottle with my husband. I log it and it's worth every calorie :) I can't wait to try Bethanny Frankel's new skinnygirl line of red and white wines that are coming out. I also like a skinnygirl margarita on occasion too ;)

Yes I to like her Margarita (Skinnygirl) it is really good.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Light beer (Michelob Ultra is my fave), wine (Moscato), and vodka mixed with any flavor of Ocean Spray. Yay, yay, yay :drinker:
  • fitJoce
    Options

She also has a white cranberry cosmo, a white sangria. Have you tried either of those?
  • jtcc91
    jtcc91 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I've thought about cutting out for a while, like trying to do a one-month challenge. But just can't seem to do it. I have cut back considerably though. I no longer have wine every single day. But when I do have it, it goes in my diary along with everything else. :drinker: Cheers!
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Whenever someone says "I enjoy a nice glass of wine" they're telling you they're an alcoholic.

Kidding aside, if you fitness, health and weight loss is your top priority, you need to cut out all booze for at least a couple of months.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my red wine and I see no shame in admitting that or drinking it. In fact, my little glass of red on a busy Friday evening after the kids are finally done all their weekly activities and are in bed, is pure pleasure.

That little glass of wine also lasts well into the evening and by the time its done, it's bedtime and a whole evening has gone by without me wanting a single snack.

So in a way, my red wine is preventative.
  • fitJoce
    Options
    That little glass of wine also lasts well into the evening and by the time its done, it's bedtime and a whole evening has gone by without me wanting a single snack.

So in a way, my red wine is preventative.

I agree, I don't snack when I'm drinking wine either.

I did give up alcohol for the 1st 2 weeks when I started my journey. I actually became a bit of a cheap date after that. I slowly added it back because I really do enjoy it, and I have had great results losing weight and gaining muscle to spite it.
  • menopass
    Options

She also has a white cranberry cosmo, a white sangria. Have you tried either of those?

Yes i did have the cranberry cosmo i was not crazy about it.. Ijust wish they weren't so exspensive 14:99 for a small bottle. Have you read her book? Does not even make sence. Lol
  • fitJoce
    Options
    Nope, haven't read the book. I enjoy watching her on tv because she makes me laugh, but I don't think I would read the book. She's stick skinny by nature and what works for her probably doesn't work for me. I have no idea what she preaches but that's just my opinion for whatever it's worth ;)
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE my wine! !! I always make room in my calories for it! !!!
  • menopass
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE my wine! !! I always make room in my calories for it! !!!

I have already done that!!! LOL I am going out this evening with the girls.:tongue:
  • menopass
    Options
    Nope, haven't read the book. I enjoy watching her on tv because she makes me laugh, but I don't think I would read the book. She's stick skinny by nature and what works for her probably doesn't work for me. I have no idea what she preaches but that's just my opinion for whatever it's worth ;)

Yup! she is naturaly stick skinny that is what kills me about her book. I mean after I loose my 15lbs I could deff do what she says to do in the book. I do enjoy her as well to watch.
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    As long as it's within your allowance, I don't see the issue with it.