At home workouts?

Options

Replies

• SarahJane70
    SarahJane70 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know that the library usually has different workout videos to choose from. That way you can try different ones for free for a couple of weeks. Ones you like maybe you can buy!
  • JenniferAHaines
    JenniferAHaines Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you can do this, but I have 3 young kids as well. I get up at 5 and go to gym before they get up, my husband is at home but they're all asleep. Not sure if it's a possibility for you but it works for me!
  • sherryberry07
    Options
    "One" word:

www.bodyrock.tv

It's essentialy an at-home fitness program with little to no equipment needed and it will totally work you out. Oh and it's completely free.

Best. Thing. Ever!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Go to the park and play with your kids.
  • autiemommy
    autiemommy Posts: 238
    Options
    I love Zumba as well i have the wii version and the dvd also i like leslie sansone walking dvds they have all diff levels as well as Jillian and Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire also if im short on time i do the 10 minute solutions i am a home mom as well so my video library is how i lost all the weight,. I have bunches i love and a drawer full of ones that didnt work for me. I you tube all the videos before i buy them to see if i would like them. If you want you can email me and i can tell you the list that worked for me.
  • iNkedFiTmama
    iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    EA Active 2 for the wii
  • shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I gond an inexpensive gazelle and goddwill and bought a cheap bike from a girl i work with. I also have some dvds
  • joielukes
    Options
    I am a single mother with 3 children as well and NEVER have time for the gym, in the last 2 yrs I have benefitted from Chalene Johnson....Turbofire and with weights...Chalene Extreme. I love the results you start to see within 30 days on a 90 day program!
  • Em28wxm
    Em28wxm Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi there, i go to some classes but i do the majority of my exercise at home. i go on zumba 2 for the wii, and another good wii game is active sports 2 - my personal trainer, u can set your own workouts for the type of workout u want and the level of difficulty. i also bought a kettlebell yesterday after enjoying a kettlercise class i went to but i havent tried this at home yet as i need to find some decent videos to copy the swings from so i dont injure myself lol oh and according to my step aerobics teacher, squats with weights are the way to go! but feel the burn after!! :)
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    buy a jump rope, you will be amazed how many calories it burns
  • Em28wxm
    Em28wxm Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    oh and just dance 3 is also fun to do, and u can even get the kids involved! my 3 yr old neice loves dancing away at the side of me while ive got that on :)
  • christyallgood
    christyallgood Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have never been to a gym. I started about a year ago working out at home. started with Jillian Michaels Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones. Have since bought most of her DVDs and are all awesome! Recently I have moved on to Bob Harper's as well. Killer! I Also walk with a friend when weather permits with our little ones in tow!
  • qtpie99
    qtpie99 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    EA Active 2 for the wii

Love this
  • applejacks1552
    Options
    Depending on your available space/funds, I was able to pick up a cheap elliptical ($200) and decent treadmill ($300) through craigslist. I did purchase them a few years apart. The winters here are brutal, so going outdoors isn't a great option year round.

After my daughter goes to bed I alternate between those or I also picked up a step (like for aerobics class) and some 2 lb dumbbells. So then I do stepping mixed with arm moves like bicep curls, overhead press, etc. It's an easy rountine for me, as I usually reward myself with an audiobook or TV program. I fit in some very basic strength training with 2 - 10 lb dumb bells (lots of suggestions online for begginers) including some abdominal exercises.

When Summer gets here I will go for walks/jogs with the stroller or we go play at the park. Swimming is also a great workout and fun for both of us. I also picked up a jump rope a few years back, which is cheap, easy, and exhausting!

Have never been big into workout videos, but I always hear good things about them.
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    EA Active 2 for the wii

I love EA Active 2 for Wii! I have the first one also and I like it, but not as much as 2. I love the step aerobics on Active 2.
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I came across this blog via a friend here on MFP "FitnessBender", here's the link: http://www.fitnessbender.com/

There is a TON of fitness workouts and it's free. I'm not promoting, barely know the person but there is a lot of good stuff on there. I wouldn't steer you wrong ;-)
  • jessicas0215
    Options
    30 Day shred is good. as well as shred it with weights. both jillian michaels.

if you have more money up your sleeve to spend, then get turbofire or anything by beachbody. well work it.

I'm a single mum of 2 (5 &3) and I've lost 21lbs with turbofire, and just doing it at home.

^^^^^^
    Exactly what I was thinking!!
  • MyTyme2
    MyTyme2 Posts: 6
    Options
    I lkie the Tiffany Rothe workouts on You Tube also. And it is free, so how good is that? Bodybuilding.com has some free programs on there also. Good luck.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    By any chance do you have cable and On Demand. If so, check out the free workouts on there.

I'll suggest these following workout dvds. You can preview workouts by the following people on Collagevideo.com. You can buy them there, Walmart, Target, Amazon.com. It's cheaper than Collagevideo.

1. Tae Bo.
    2. Chris Freytag. She be on On Demand. (Her workouts are found online, not in stores.)
    3. Leslie Sansone Walk Away The Pounds

I could suggest a lot more to you.
  • hooligansmom
    hooligansmom Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have a great set of dumbells in my bedroom. They are very versatile, and you can do many exercises that are done on machines in the gym. If you don't know which exercises to do with them, you are a quick Google search away. When my kids were smaller, they would use little one pound weights and exercise with Mommy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!