At home workouts?

Options

Replies

• mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    I'm a SAHM of 3 children, so I know where you're coming from and I'm not going to spend money for a membership that I can't advantage of. I love the Leslie Sansone dvds. You can see a few of her clips on youtube before you buy them. My fav is her 5 miles fat burning dvd. Any questions feel free to ask.

I agree! She got me into the Leslie Sansone DVD's and I love them! I also started the C25K program last summer and took my daughter with me in her stroller. I am having a baby boy in May and I plan on taking the both of them out again at the end of the summer and start the program again! I loved it and got to 3 miles joggin in just 8 weeks at 200 pounds!
  • wilkin_rebecca
    wilkin_rebecca Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I too am a mom of 4, I currently do the biggest loser power sculpt and biggest loser 2 the workout videos and love them they were $8.00 at walmart and you customize your workout with different segments being different levels of time. I also do just dance on the wii so much fun and love it
  • textlikekisses
    Options
    Neflix has some (not a ton but some) streaming collections of at home workouts including yoga, pilates, kickboxing, dancing cardio, abs, etc.
  • SheilaParker
    SheilaParker Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of two and I love working out at home. I have Turbofire and P90X that I use and totally love both of them!
  • burgenah
    burgenah Posts: 76
    Options
    I didn't read everything, so sorry if this has already been suggested, Bodyrock.tv or search ZWOW on you tube. Also on you tube Befit… happy hunting!
  • frogman4591
    frogman4591 Posts: 135
    Options
    I use Total Gym and treadmill.
  • theberard
    theberard Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've never had a gym membership, I prefer to work out at home. I like the book Ballet Workout and I use an Android App called "Perfect Body" which has 4 workouts that target specific muscle groups: 1) abs; 2) butt; 3) hips; 4) legs. I also use a FitBit and a heart rate monitor as a standard measure of how hard I'm working, that way I know when I'm slacking off :P

These aren't aggressive workouts, but I have seen results.
  • TurboFireMama
    TurboFireMama Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire has changed my life! I am a SAHM who felt more comfortable working out on my own schedule at home. I have been doing it for over a year and I am never bored! WELL worth the investment!
  • rrtnrn
    rrtnrn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Any of Beachbody's products. I do all of Chalene Johnson's Turbo workouts. Right now, I am doing Les Mills Body Pump. I have been doing it 60 days so far and have lost 9lbs and 13 total inches. Great strength training workout!
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Jillian. 30 Day Shred is a good starter. I have two kids, and while it took a while to establish "mommy's working out, you need to watch out", I can often get a workout in with little disruption. It's about 25 minutes with warmup and cooldown. My daughter (just turned 2) often works out beside me, and sometimes my son will join in, but often not for long. I had great results with it and then moved into Ripped in 30 from there.
  • boys4rmine
    Options
    mom of four boys here and also a teacher. Busy, but no excuses ;)

kettlebell is my favourite.
    But here is a link to bootcamps you can do at home. BEWARE: they will make you sweat and your muscles ache...I LOVE THEM!

here is the kettelbell one that I love! Just make sure you watch youtube videos on proper form
    http://ultimatepersonaltrainerstoolbox.com/kettlebell-hell-ladder/

here is another one I did while watching Ellen :laugh:
    http://ultimatepersonaltrainerstoolbox.com/crazy-eights-killer-boot-camp-workout/

There are other ones on this site as well. these are two I have loved and used.

I also did Jillian's 30 day shred (found it online on youtube, don't even need to buy the DVD)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8nOIFno4hU&feature=related

Have fun!
  • ZoAnnAlexis
    Options
    I have several work out videos that I really enjoy, but when I am super crunched for time or I really don't feel like hearing Shaun T tell me to dig deeper, I like to make up my own bootcamp-style workout. Pick 8-12 generic workout moves/calisthenics (push-ups, buttkicks, jumping jacks, crunches, etc.) and go down list doing each exercise for :30 seconds, and then repeat the set 3-5 times, increasing the intensity as you go. If you don't pause between the exercises and you keep moving between sets, it will really get your heart pumping! Make sure to stretch before hand, and feel free to add in hand weights to some of the moves.
  • Linda6580
    Linda6580 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the Supreme 90 day for almost 3 weeks now. I really like it because there are 10 different DVD's that you rotate and I don't get so bored then. Al also have the Jillian Micheals 30 day shred and a couple of others.
  • scmcgee
    scmcgee Posts: 165
    Options
    I am doing Turbo Jam right now - It is put out by Beachbody. The DVD package is not that expensive. Next I am going to try Turbo Fire......Chalene Johnson Is an awesome motivator.
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    our youngest child is special needs so it makes it very difficult for me. Fortunately he LOVES music so sometimes I just have to turn it up and we both shake our groove things. He also likes to play chase, so I incorporate him into my home workouts lots of times when need be. Moving is burning! Sometimes he even brings me my free weights to signal that he wants the music on so we can dance!
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I have four kids too and going to the gym is just about the only way I CAN exercise. I can put them in the gym childcare rooms easily. I'd love to be able to walk and run outside in nice weather and it kills me to be trapped in the stuffy gym on nice weather days, but it's usually my only option.

When I have to workout at home I do it when my crazy toddler is napping, try to engage the older three in their own activity and then bust through a Jillian Michael's dvd quickly.
  • jmac508
    jmac508 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    There are workouts on Netflix :)
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Zumba. Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I love them both. Currently I am doing 30 day shred and my gosh, I can feel little muscles in my arms haha. I love it!
  • Carolinanancy
    Options
    How do you add Leslie Sansone's dvd"s on your exercise blog? I have several of her DVD's and have used them once since I joined my fitness pal. any answers out there? carolinanancy
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    P90X and Billy Blanks..... I love both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!