Australian snacks, shopping lists etc

Options

Replies

• Amber86queenbee
    Options
    Bump for ideas.

I'm totally addicted to Yoplait Forme, greenseas tuna and Coles low fat cottage cheese on Waterwheel Crisp Bread Crackers. Plus lots of fruit and veggies.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Paris Creek Biodynamic Low Fat yoghurt. 200g is only 64 calories! That's the lowest cal yoghurt i've come across and it is organic too!
    What's the protein content, do you know?
  • Twiinkless
    Twiinkless Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yoplait forme, as other people have mentioned, is around 70 cal a tub (175g)
    SlimPasta spaghetti is an amazing find - it's only 35 cal for 250g, is really high in fibre and is a decent substitute for pasta taste-wise if you put it with a good sauce.
    Weight watchers fruit in jelly have 18 cal a tub and are an awesome snack.
    Also, Cuppasoup is really filling :)

You can get all of these at woolies too.
  • suziecue66
    Options
    Paris Creek Biodynamic Low Fat yoghurt. 200g is only 64 calories! That's the lowest cal yoghurt i've come across and it is organic too!
    What's the protein content, do you know?

Its 6g protein for 200g - I looked it up.
  • LesleeAH
    LesleeAH Posts: 64
    Options

What protein powder do you use in your shakes? I've been wanting to try these but never know what to buy......

I use Define protein powder. It's pretty good if you want something low carb, and most of their flavours are nice. At the moment I have vanilla.
  • TotalTiger
    Options
    Tamar valley greek style no added sugar!
    Best yogurt ever.

Definitely. Their flavoured yoghurts are really good too but getting harder to find at the supermarkets
  • jettwalker
    jettwalker Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Found these in the health food aisle at Woolies
    Well Naturally - High Protein Mini Bar - Peppermint Surprise about 88cals per bar and they taste like mint slice biscuits I will have one with a skinny cap made with Zymil milk (as I don't like the taste of Soy) 113 cals per 250mil

Still on the choc mint theme I sometimes will have a mint Pattie at 58cals (but generally only as a treat if I know I have spare cals at the end of the day)

Vita weats with organic peanut butter
    Pauls low fat ice cream with teaspoon of peanut butter

Since the price of banana's has come down in the last few months I have tried to bake several low fat versions of banana muffins (trying to stay under 120-150 cals per muffin) but without success. If anyone has low fat muffin recipe (using any type of fruit really) please share it.

Agree on the Tamar Valley greek yoghurt...yummy
  • suziecue66
    Options
    I like getting those Cadbury share packs like:
    Cadbury Dairy Milk Treat, 15 in pack - 64 cals each
    Cadbury Choc Crunchie Freddo Treat, 20 in pack - 45 cals each
    I like to put the whole pack in freezer and tell kids its off limits - mum's treat only. I like 1 with a peppermint tea in the evening. Its tiny but still good.
  • suziecue66
    Options
    With the protein powders, try and get ones that have at least 20g protein per serve. I get Isowhey (but want to change) and its only 15g protein so I add extra to get 20g. I like the protein powders low in carb too.
  • findingKylie
    findingKylie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Just thought i would add, i recently found Schweppes Agrum Sugar free its 3cals for 250mls and i drink it on the rocks when we are out at friends and everyone else is drinking.
  • CatseyeHardcast
    CatseyeHardcast Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Almond milk Latte..mmmmmmmmmm
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Generally I think unprocessed stuff is the way to go, so lots of fruit and veggies, lean meat, eggs, nuts etc.
    When it comes to branded stuff, here's my faves:
    - Black swan low fat Greek style yoghurt, natural
    - be natural muesli bars
    - Lindt dark chocolate
    - Sanitarium no added sugar or salt peanut butter
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Options
    - Bulla low fat cottage cheese, the onion and chives or gerkin flavour - just add vita-weats and your done!
    - Bega Real Cheese Stringers - love it as a pre workout snack to stop the tummy grumbles without beng too full to work out
    - Bananas!!! I think I eat one almost every day :)
    - Berri Quelch icy poles. Made with fruit juice and very good at curbing an ice cream craving.
    - Paul's low fat, low sugar vanilla custard. YUM
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    cruskits!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options

What protein powder do you use in your shakes? I've been wanting to try these but never know what to buy......

aussie bodies protein fx chocolate. only one i've found which doesn't taste like utter crap!
  • katiej122
    katiej122 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Helgas sandwich thins are my new favourite! Theyre from woolies, and I eat greenseas tuna every day, the springwater cans are 75 cals or so and really filling.
    I'm going to look out for that slimpasta, it sounds really good :)
    Yoplait forme is the best yoghurt I think, I've never been able to find a yoghurt thats very low in sugar but I love the strawberry kind of this one.
    Almond breeze unsweetend almond milk is great, 40 calories a cup, I can only ever find it in coles though.
    Weightwatchers jelly is one of my favourite snacks, it tastes just like normal jelly and its 7 calories a serve.
    This is a good thread! :)
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    wow, bump... I just went on a snack hunt and there are good ideas here. I don't think I have anything new to add.

I love Bornhoffen yoghurt.

EDIT: Oh, helga's sandwich thins, mountain bread, and my latest favourite is vita wheat lunch slices. omg, so yummy.
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I enjoy light cruskits with low fat cottage cheese and tomatoes, or fresh fruit, pears are in season and to die for. Mostly I don't have room for snacks, love big meals.
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Yep
    cruskits!
  • GretelPetal91
    Options
    Time to write a shopping list! There are some great snacks on here