LADIES!!! GET IN HERE!!! AUNT FLO IS RUINING LIFE!!!!!!!!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    OMG YOUR PERIOD! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! THAT IS UNREASONABLE. AS AN ADULT WOMAN HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY DEAL WITH SUCH A HARDSHIP?! FFS. :flowerforyou:
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Omg I KNOW. I feel like I have to wait a week to see if I'm getting results because TOM masks it all. I get very bloated and gain weight/inches. It comes off, but you feel like a blimp when it's here! UGH
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I absolutely DO NOT WEIGH during that week. I know it will not be accurate and will just depress me. Save yourself the grief!
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Try some extra magnesium, it helps some women,

I am 51 and ready to be done with this !@#$%! :sick:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    A normal weight fluctuation of one pound ruined your life? This is what you think of as sooooo haaaaard? Sorry, it's hard to take you seriously when this is your biggest problem in life. Stop with the melodrama. You've had fluctuations during your period since you hit puberty. It's a normal part of life. Live with it.
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Don't have much advice except hide the scale! I was up 2 lbs this morning!!!! I started yesterday...ugh
  • ccnjc4e
    ccnjc4e Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I feel your main. I am having my first TOM since I got pregnant. with my son 18 months ago.(He is 9 months, and I nurse him.) To top it all off I am sick..
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I haven't had mine since I started working out.. It's been like 5 months. But I remember how TERRIBLE the cravings were. I wanted to eat everything in sight.

Stay away from the scale and try not to stress. That just makes it worse.
    And count your blessings!! I miss mine.
  • hollyberry2012
    Options
    lol..avoid the scale, and maybe avoid the hubby too...

remember, this too shall pass...Unfortunately it comes back to life every month...one day it will 'pass away'...thank goodness!

but then I guess it will be a whole new set of hormonal challenges...

do a lot of deep breathing girl..hang in there!
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    isn't midol supposed to help? I've never tried it but as of this year my body has been lactose intolerant when I have my period! I can't eat cheese and can't have milk! And worse is I want the milk at this time!!!! :noway: :grumble: :explode: and my middle goes all gushy!!! like after you give birth and it's just mushy! :noway: :grumble: :explode:
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    I know mine is comming because yesterday I had a very hard time staying on track. I walked to the pantry several times just to poke around and see what was in there (same stuff every time), but I recognize it as what it is now where I never did before. It's just a couple days out of the month and I can kick its *kitten*. Any weight I gain before will go away after and I'll feel better again. Really nothing we can do about it tho so get over it!
  • angbak60
    angbak60 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You'll drop the pound when your TOM is over.

We have it hard because we GROW PEOPLE. Our bodies are not destined to be rock hard, they are soft and snuggly for holding babies. We have boobs to nurse babies. We have extra fat because we GROW people. From scratch!

Great response! Love that "we GROW people. From scratch."
  • Averyjay
    Averyjay Posts: 9
    Options
    A normal weight fluctuation of one pound ruined your life? This is what you think of as sooooo haaaaard? Sorry, it's hard to take you seriously when this is your biggest problem in life. Stop with the melodrama. You've had fluctuations during your period since you hit puberty. It's a normal part of life. Live with it.

I was being dramatic intentionally as a joke bc I know all women can relate and wanted to know how they handled the discouragement. No, 1 pound isn't ruining my life, but it it was, you certainly wouldn't have helped the situation. If u have nothing positive to say, then keep your negativity. But then again, rude ppl are a "a part of life" too, huh?
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    OMG...why do we have it so hard. WHHHHYYYYY?? I have been doing so well...no cravings...killin it at the gym....eating every 3 hours...I get on the scale and I've gone up a pound. I'm so crampy and bloated and feel so icky. Whats been your experience when ur cycle starts? How do u get thru it???

I just remember why Ive gone up, and try to ignore it till the next week. But totally agree, its so annoying!!!
  • Averyjay
    Averyjay Posts: 9
    Options

I was being dramatic intentionally as a joke bc I know all women can relate and wanted to know how they handled the discouragement. No, 1 pound isn't ruining my life, but it it was, you certainly wouldn't have helped the situation. If u have nothing positive to say, then keep your negativity. But then again, rude ppl are a "a part of life" too, huh?

Even if your vagina bleeding wasn't causing your weight gain, you're still being a whiny little ***** over one effing pound. Your body fluctuates several pounds every day. Get a *kitten* grip.

lol...okay, Sunshine...clearly you need a hug. Your in here cursing and being disrespectful and nasty and I need a grip.I'm not gonna argue with u about it. I'll be a whiny little B**** all the way to my goals! Moving on...
  • CourtneyWaddell
    CourtneyWaddell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So true! I've tried everything and Prozac has helped with some of the worst crazy PMS symptoms but yet my body still bloats up and I always feel as if the other shoe is about to drop...full of anxiety and dread. I just warn my husband and step-daughter, pop a Zanax every now and again and try to keep working out and keeping on. I really don't mind the physical stuff as much as I mind the mental torture. I am PMSing right now!
  • MusiqDiva
    Options
    After last months 8lb gain during my TOM, this month's strategy is eating at home for the next two weeks until IT arrives, that will definitely cut salt and I can eat healthier to prevent any water retention. I also have a HORRIBLE sweet tooth during this time, so my weapon of choice is dark chocolate in moderation of course. I have the little cooking chunks, hopefully it works!
  • Diandra81
    Diandra81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    During my TOM I get cravings I've never had and of course gain weight due to water. I just don't even think about it anymore because it's something I can't control....dah well! LOL