Your ultimate career....

Options
shanlynt
shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
If you could do anything at all, what would it be...
For me I think it would be a travelling food and wine critic.

Replies

• Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options
    A world famous opera singer. le sigh...
  • Jimaudit
    Jimaudit Posts: 275
    Options
    I would review exotic, remote resorts for the Travel channel!
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    roller coaster tester, that job actually exists lol
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Rock star.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    A writer - who actually sells and publishes books lol
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    roller coaster tester, that job actually exists lol

heck yes!! i want that job
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    restoring / customizing cars, trucks, motorcycles or building hot rods, race cars. It's more of a passion, so work would be frikin awesome everyday
  • babybluefire
    babybluefire Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Horse trainer, ridding instructor. There are plenty of people just as good or better then me, plus the insurance you should carry barely makes it affordable, at least when your services are affordable and not outrageously expensive.
  • twoscimitars
    twoscimitars Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Anything that would require travel. Not every day, just like 2-4 days a week, 3 weeks a month. When I worked in retail they used to send me to stores that were a mess and I'd help straighten them out. But it wasn't an actual position, they'd just send me when they needed it. I'd love to do that full time. :)
  • tootru
    tootru Posts: 8
    Options
    Kayak builder
    Bicycle Mechanic
    Professional Organizer
    Author (Novelist)
  • DeterminedJode
    Options
    a midwife. (which is what im aiming for) or possibly... a world class professional female rugby player (y)
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I want to own my own gym with a nutrition business on the side! :)
  • gwmedicgod
    gwmedicgod Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Already in my ultimate career... I've Been a Paramedic for the last 13 yrs.... Love it... have no desire to do anything Else.
  • Rikib004
    Rikib004 Posts: 51
    Options
    Screenwriter for sure...
  • tootru
    tootru Posts: 8
    Options
    Anything that would require travel. Not every day, just like 2-4 days a week, 3 weeks a month. When I worked in retail they used to send me to stores that were a mess and I'd help straighten them out. But it wasn't an actual position, they'd just send me when they needed it. I'd love to do that full time. :)

I used to travel a lot for work too, putting technology into new stores. And to tie in with MFP, I used to call it the <Customer> Fitness Plan because I was always running around these huge, Costco-sized (or bigger) stores for two weeks and I'd lose about 10 pounds every time.
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Small town Sheriff
  • WhiteRaven
    WhiteRaven Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Two things really... they are unrelated.

#1 Travel Photographer/writer. <-- In the Midst of a Photography degree so 1/4 of the way there!!!
    #2 Ski Instructor - for the fun factor <--- actually happening next year after Foot surgery :D

I am a Winter Junky, it is my favorite season, and I love being on the ski hill traipsing thru the trees, cruising down the groomers and hitting the bumps! it's great! And to be able to share that passion and teach it to others (Never taught before) would be an experience!
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    If I won the lottery and had no need for money because my account took care of it. I would go to Law school and I would fight for the causes that I believe in or take cases for folks that can't afford a lawyer and need help. :)
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Luckily, I have mine. A writer.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    My dream career...

I would love Christer Björkmann's job... he's executive producer of Sweden's Melodifestivalen which is a series of TV programmes the purpose of which is to select Sweden's entry for the Eurovision Song Contest. :smokin:

In real life I'm a commercial project manager for a US-owned, globally trading company that provides technologies and services to the hotel and travel industry. :happy: