i need help! (stuck at current weight)

Options
2»

Replies

• tataliciousd89
    Options
    I used a quick BMR calculator based on your height and weight and got a BMR of ~1422 (depending on how old you are that might be a tiny different). You might have to try eating MORE actually
    I agree with this! I'm still losing just fine and eat around that much daily.
  • Linda6580
    Linda6580 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I would up your calories some too. I have been at the 1200 calorie mark for a few weeks but have started being way to hungry. Not sure why. Hopefully this works for all of us.
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    just upped them to 1360, i suppose i should of had it set at lightly active seeing as i do walk everywhere....
    also changed my exercise as someone recommended, gonna try and do a level of the shred 5 days a week as normal + 20 mins on the wii fit and 40 mins on the wii fit the other two days so my body doesnt get used to a certain routine.
    forgot to mention i use saturdays as my 'cheat' day could this affect weight loss at all? i don't go particularly over board but i do go over my calories on saturdays...
  • tinaruby
    tinaruby Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Check your sugar in take. Lowering your sugars can make a huge difference. More complex carbs less simple carbs. :-) I had a two week plateau that was killing my motivation, but I just got through it and lost 4 pounds in the last week.

Worked for me.
  • Jade17694
    Options
    it sounds like your body has adapted so what people are talking about by kind of tricking it (eating more calories for a bit, changing your workout routine, etc.) should jumpstart it and then you can get back to your preferred calories and form of exercise

have done, you guys/girls are awesome! :D
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    i have heard on here that some people have bumped up their calorie intake and they get out of the plateau. Not that this really matters, but are you sure you only burn the (i think it said 158 calories?) I havent done that 30day shred but Id think it would burn more???

according to the circuit training in the database i burn 158 calories during the 20 minute workout, i didn't what else to put it under and saw that a few others put it under circuit training also...
    do you have a heart rate monitor???
    our bodies are all different after all, and MFP calculates base don ur age, height and weight, but it cant second guess ur fitness levels
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I just checked your BMI based on your height and weight and it came out at 21.8 which is in normal range. Maybe you're finding it difficult to lose now as your body is near goal weight?
  • Jade17694
    Options
    i have heard on here that some people have bumped up their calorie intake and they get out of the plateau. Not that this really matters, but are you sure you only burn the (i think it said 158 calories?) I havent done that 30day shred but Id think it would burn more???

according to the circuit training in the database i burn 158 calories during the 20 minute workout, i didn't what else to put it under and saw that a few others put it under circuit training also...
    do you have a heart rate monitor???
    our bodies are all different after all, and MFP calculates base don ur age, height and weight, but it cant second guess ur fitness levels

no i dont :/
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Not what you want to hear but 131 for 5'5" is a perfectly fine weight. That might be why you can't lose more. It might just be the healthy weight for your body...
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options

Thats a normal burn for 30 day shred, and the easier it gets, the less you burn. I started around 204 and then went down to about 160 something when on level 1, and so on for each level.
  • Jade17694
    Options
    Not what you want to hear but 131 for 5'5" is a perfectly fine weight. That might be why you can't lose more. It might just be the healthy weight for your body...

I know it is but I KNOW that I still have more weight to lose if that makes sense, I'm still not happy with the way I look and just exercising isn't going to get me the body I want :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I just checked your BMI based on your height and weight and it came out at 21.8 which is in normal range. Maybe you're finding it difficult to lose now as your body is near goal weight?

This. You're exactly in the middle of a healthy weight for your height. At this size, it's unrealistic to expect to lose more than a half pound a week. Your body doesn't have enough excess fat to support a larger calorie deficit.

Aim for a half pound a week, toss out the scale, take photos to check your progress, add strength training, and try to get about 1g of protein per pound of lean body mass.
  • Jade17694
    Options

Thats a normal burn for 30 day shred, and the easier it gets, the less you burn. I started around 204 and then went down to about 160 something when on level 1, and so on for each level.

oh, well it was 158 for level 1 when I first done it, I'm on level 2 now but just kept the burned calories the same when adding to my exercise...oops.
  • klynn08
    klynn08 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat. Ive never done it but I heard Calorie Cycleing can help. So on day eating like 1200 then the next 1300 then 1100 etc..
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options

I know it is but I KNOW that I still have more weight to lose if that makes sense, I'm still not happy with the way I look and just exercising isn't going to get me the body I want :)

Not eating enough won't get you the body you want, either. If I was a gambling woman, I'd say you can get your goal body without losing weight at all. Check this thread and look at how different I looked at 130# a few years ago vs. 130# now. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/494091-i-just-don-t-care-anymore
  • Jade17694
    Options

Not eating enough won't get you the body you want, either. If I was a gambling woman, I'd say you can get your goal body without losing weight at all. Check this thread and look at how different I looked at 130# a few years ago vs. 130# now. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/494091-i-just-don-t-care-anymore

yeah I know it won't that's why I've upped my calories, I think I may have been burning more than I realised and therefore not eating them back...