Full but still want to eat

Options
Sometimes I feel full or even bloated because I drank a lot of water during or right after my meal, but I still feel like I want to eat or gnaw on something, even when I am already full! Do other people feel this way? What can I do?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Wait. Just keep posting or replying to post. It will keep your mind off food. Try a warm cup of tea too. :drinker:
  • Dilfster
    Dilfster Posts: 434
    Options
    i get that sometimes. i'll usually eat a piece of fruit when that happens...but what i really want is usually chips or something. sometimes ill do popcorn too
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Try a warm cup of tea too.

Ditto on this one. I feel the same way a lot. I put two drops of stevia and steep fresh tea (my favorite is pomegranate green tea) that makes me feel like I'm drinking something more "solid," if that makes sense. Curbs those cravings really well.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh i KNOW how you feel...
    when that happens i always try to grab something edible , low fat / fat free and NOT VERY TASTY for me...which is ... carrots!!!!!

i grab a carrot and start gnawing...then after a minute or two...i suddenly dont feel like eating it any more...or sometimes i get a stick of celery...does the same thing...
  • LaurasClimb
    LaurasClimb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Yes! Oh it drives me nuts, too. I think mine is emotional eating, finding comfort in food - a habit I am trying to break! I've been doing pretty well but not tonight :( I'm definitely done eating for tonight, trying again tomorrow.
  • returntorural
    returntorural Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Same thing happens to me. I try drinking water but sometimes that makes it worse. Sometimes hot water or tea helps. Ultimately it may just come down to discipline and changing our habits. Also making sure we're choosing the most nutrient-dense real foods possible, and not eating empty calorie processed foods.
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Definitely know exactly how that is!! Or feeling stuffed then feeling hungry again shortly after. It's rather frustrating but I usually just hang out on the forums to distract myself :)
  • good2bthaking
    good2bthaking Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    are you eating enough protein? sometimes you can eat, but you want those filler foods, such as protein or fibers.
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    all the time. for me if i am not chewing on something, my brains tells me something is wrong. ;( fight it and find a way to distract yourself. break the train of thought :)
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    If you're already full and still want to eat...that's what I call emotional hunger. Distract yourself, get out of the house if you can, spend some time thinking about the reasons why you shouldn't overeat, and if all else fails, snack on a big bowl of popcorn or something else that won't do too much damage.
  • Kimi730
    Kimi730 Posts: 2
    Options
    LOL, me too, alot of times. But I just remembered, when I have lost some weight, I was eating 98% ff popcorn when I wanted something salty and WW ice creams when I wanted something sweet. But today I am upset with my husband and me and the kids just ordered 2 pizzas, I only ate 2 slices, but ate 3 bread sticks. Uggg!
  • Tywana
    Tywana Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Drink more water, chew gum, or try diet soda with low caffeine. That has helped me in the past.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Carrots are NOT negative calorie food... Not even close.

Go brush and floss your teeth. Things taste gross when you've got that artificial mint taste in your mouth
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I have not had that very often since eating low carb. Which doesn't mean you need to go low carb, but maybe try more protein with your meals. I find I am full for a long time and not even thinking about food after meals that are mostly protein/fat/veggies. Just my opinion.
  • kutterba
    kutterba Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I think sometimes it's just obsessing about food...we're focussing on weighing & measuring & counting... I'm always checking on how many calories I have left. My husband gets me away from the table and gives me water to drink and asks if I have something to read. He's a good support for me. Ah, but he's not here...
    We just need to redirect. And it's hard.
  • MaxwellsDemon
    Options
    Good for you, just eating 2 slices and a few bread sticks, - I am an "all or none" type eater, so eating just a slice would throw me into full blown "must eat entire pizza" mode, lol!
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Are you actually FULL from food, or are you just "feeling full" because you drank a lot of water to fill up on?

Your question is a tough one to answer, not knowing whether you're actually eating enough calories.
  • melly19762003
    melly19762003 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Bump!! I am sat here, I finished my dinner about 2 hours ago and still feel full from it but I can't shake off that yearning for some chocolate or cheese, or both lol. It's really pi$$ing me off. I think I know what the problem is. I usually go up to bed about 9ish and watch telly up there but my fella is up there asleep and I don't want to disturb him as he's at work in the morning. I think finding myself sat so close to the kitchen is somehow playing tricks with my brain. Plus there's a box of chocs in the living room and that is not helping!!! Hmmmmm?????
  • 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    chew gum, I find keeping my mouth busy helps