Anybody not hate stevia?

Options
If you don't hate stevia, did it take you a while to get used to it?

Replies

• lynnsf
    lynnsf Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I like it. I confess to only using it in coffee. But I think it is the safest of the artificial sweeteners.
  • hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I like it. I confess to only using it in coffee. But I think it is the safest of the artificial sweeteners.

Did you like it the first time you tried it? I'm wondering if I'll get used to it if I keep trying.
  • SunSun36
    SunSun36 Posts: 2
    Options
    I tried it today for the first time in some yogurt I got at my local grocery store..... I didn't much like it.....
  • ElectricMayhem
    ElectricMayhem Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    ugh i hate it! especially in hot drinks such as coffee, leaves a very funky aftertaste. I'd rather save up my calories and use agave nectar or nothing at all vs. using stevia. Just sayin :happy:
  • iishnova
    iishnova Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I liked it right off...maybe I'm strange..
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    My fave - right off the bat...
  • xonikitashafferxo
    xonikitashafferxo Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    i like it but i don't use a lot bc i think it's very sweet
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I like it in tea. Unfortunately I don't like it in much else. I think its just because of a kind of strange after taste?
  • irisheyes42us
    Options
    Depends on who makes it. Health food store years ago~ tasted bad~
    from the grocery store as Truvia~ tastes great
  • PixelTreason
    PixelTreason Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I like it. Liked the truvia right away -also bought the sweetleaf liquid stevia and that took a bit longer to appreciate but I like it fine now.
  • samhelen
    samhelen Posts: 98
    Options
    Personally I've never developed a taste for it over the years -- if I have to use a sweetener in something I tend to us splenda or real sugar depending on the application...
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    liquid stevia in french vanilla flavor. Loved it from day 1. Someone had mentioned previously that it's artificial... but it's not. It's all natural.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I'll admit I've only tried Stevia once, but considering the almost rotten sugar taste it gave off and how long it lingered on my tongue despite eating something else and even brushing my tongue, I can't say I'd willingly try it again.

But then again I hate all alternatives to sugar. They either leave bitter aftertastes or churn my stomach and have me on the toilet for a while.

My weird tastebuds aside I've never actually heard anything bad about Stevia or heard anyone with the same complaints as me. So I guess so long as a percentage like it and don't find it harmful to them in any way then hey. Go for it.
  • finchest
    finchest Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    i love stevia, but i use the liquid type in hot beverages. the alcohol from the tincture evaporates in hot water, and the taste is completely non-bitter. i find powdered stevia gross.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    it tastes good at first then it has this bitter aftertaste...i have gotten used to it though. i add it to my oatmeal when its not too warm...im beginning to find it tastes better in cold things than warm . i like it ok...its not the best taste but i will take it over artificial sweeteners any day
  • luhluhlaura
    luhluhlaura Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I bought Truvia the other day and used some in my iced coffee today....maybe I used too much, but it tasted HORRIBLE...but I've always been super-sensitive to that "artificial" sweet taste...I hope I find a way to use it.
  • bskupien
    bskupien Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I don't mind it and haven't noticed any weird tastes, but I've only ever used it in my coffee.
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Stevia is the only artificial sweetener I've found that isn't completely disgusting. I only use it in my coffee, and even sometimes use real sugar instead because of the slight after taste, but it's much better than Splenda or Sweet-n-Low in my opinion.
  • ToBeCountry
    ToBeCountry Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I did not like it in coffee. I do use it on my strawberries and taste good to me now.
    It is an acquired taste. However, I cut out a lot of items with sugar in it, so maybe after a while it was "sweet" to me.
    Stevia in the Raw is what I use.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I like it, I have only used in drinks, so far. It taste diff. than sugar, but it don't taste weird or gross, in my opinion.