Diet Coke or Coke Zero?

Options
I've heard a lot of things about how diet coke actually isn't good for you, due to bad ingredients and something to do with it actually making you store more fat, and how it's actually better for you to drink full fat coke than diet coke. I was wondering if coke zero is the same, or whether that's actually healthier than diet coke?

Thanks!

Replies

• Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I've heard mixed opinions on this subject. I've heard things like drinking it will cause your to expect a sugary high without the sugar so you will most likely find something to eat to substitute that lack of sugar. I've heard that it has no affect on weight gain and a lot of people drink without feeling the urge to overeat or something.

I don't know if there are any scientific facts that say that diet carbonated drinks cause weight gain. Don't think there is any solid evidence about it. Pretty sure there will be a ton of people with mixed opinions soon, if I were you, if you are drinking these drinks and still drink plenty of water, eat healthy foods and you are still losing weight, then carry on with it.

Try doing a little research on the ingredients they put in these drinks and maybe you will come up with a few facts about what these drinks can actually do to your body?
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    i lk the taste of coke zero more.
  • bagelwagon
    bagelwagon Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've heard a lot of things about how diet coke actually isn't good for you, due to bad ingredients and something to do with it actually making you store more fat, and how it's actually better for you to drink full fat coke than diet coke. I was wondering if coke zero is the same, or whether that's actually healthier than diet coke?

Thanks!

Weird. I don't think I've ever heard of full fat coke.

I prefer the taste of coke zero. Diet coke tastes like the syrup ran out at a fast food joint.
  • klynn08
    klynn08 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I used to drink Diet coke but Coke zero tastes EXACTLY like regular coke. They also have vanilla and cherry coke zero. SO now I drink that
  • yojaseyrae
    Options
    I majorly agree with everyone that coke zero tastes FAR better - I can't stand the taste of diet
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    REGULAR Coca Cola!
  • VegGoddess
    VegGoddess Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/11/06/aspartame-most-dangerous-substance-added-to-food.aspx
    they both have aspartame, therefore don't drink either! you're just poisoning yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    drink a healthy glass of green tea instead!
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I started out with the diet code ... then went to diet lime coke! Now I'm drinking coke zero ... it just tastes better.
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    there have been 875,436 threads dedicated to debunking the aspartame nonsense, so it's pointless to rehash.

as for diet or coke zero, my preference is coke zero. however, since i cut caffeine, i generally drink caffeine free diet.
  • Faeriegirl74
    Faeriegirl74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I prefer the taste of Coke Zero over Diet Coke...
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    ^^^LOL I don't care. Critters have gotten cancer from aspartame. Besides, regular Coca Cola tastes the BEST!
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/11/06/aspartame-most-dangerous-substance-added-to-food.aspx
    they both have aspartame, therefore don't drink either! you're just poisoning yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    drink a healthy glass of green tea instead!
    The biggest problem is that i could easily find an article (I already have) the rebukes this article. There are no citations to know if what is stated is fact or opinion.

I don't suffer from any of the affects listed, so I'm not going to worry too much.
  • eventualrainbow
    Options
    I don't think either one is very good for you, but that's just my opinion. I'd rather drink no-cal flavored water, but occasionally I do enjoy a diet soda or two.

19002665.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • 967_1111
    967_1111 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I prefer Coke Zero as the taste is closer the The Real Thing. Diet Coke is the #2 selling soft drink in the US, ahead of Pepsi, so someone out there is drinking it!
  • PositivelyFlawed
    PositivelyFlawed Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'll always choose Diet Pepsi if given the choice BUT when stuck drinking a Coke product, Coke Zero tastes pretty darn good and is the only Coke I'll drink.
  • JeNn45nFiT
    JeNn45nFiT Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero! :)
  • ProjectTina
    Options
    I think that as long as you consume reasonable amounts of diet soda, then it won't be dangerous. I drink 1 cup of Pepsi Max / Diet Pepsi a week on average, and don't spend much time worrying about chemicals in it.

This nutritionist from the Mayo Clinic even says you can drink a can or two a day (!), and not worry about side effects. I don't understand how anyone can drink that much though...

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/diet-soda/AN01732
  • Glamour60Xtreme
    Options
    NEITHER!
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    i don't know about what is in them...but i like coke zero better!
  • peachied
    peachied Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero all the way!

It's great when served cold