a question for you women:

Options

Replies

• Stella_Leigh
    Stella_Leigh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    So far, I've lost a band size and it's looking like I'll be changing cup sizes in the near future (which is kind of depressing, I like wearing a D)
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    32DD to 32D
  • emgett
    emgett Posts: 13
    Options
    I've only lost ~5 pounds, but that translated to about an inch around my chest measurement. I'm not sure if I've actually gone down a cup size or not (I don't have a smaller bra to try here at school), but one or two of my previously perfect 34Ds definitely feel a bit roomy!

(This is NOT how I imagined losing weight would go...)
  • swthrtsmrf
    swthrtsmrf Posts: 384
    Options
    I went from 38D to band size of 35, and down to a C cup. Finding new bras for me has been a nightmare.
  • RoseSweet
    RoseSweet Posts: 30
    Options
    Yes and I hate it because I loved the size of boobs. 46DDD to 44DDD

This is about my size now, I am looking forward to shrinking a bit, when I sleep on my back my boobs are trying to smother me!
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Yes I did but it took a little while. I didn't start losing boobage until after I had lost about 30lbs or so.

"boobage" :laugh:
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    When you go down in band size the cup is always smaller even if it's still a B or C or whatever. Look at a 34C & a 40C....you will see what I mean. So you probably have lost a little in your cup size too. I have lost in both. I'm still wearing my same bras after 40 pounds lost, but I was kinda spilling out of it before. I'm thinking another 15 pounds and I'll be going down a band size.
  • hopeC12
    hopeC12 Posts: 38
    Options
    Yeah I lost in the cup size. They get ruined because your skin that was stretched never goes back to being firm after losing weight, so you end up with stretch marks and less perkiness. I still think it's worth the trade off of having an overall body shape I'm happier with, and being able to wear the clothes I want, but yeah the permanent damage to my skin (not just in the boobs) is a bit depressing and makes me really regret ever letting myself get so heavy in the first place.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    It depends on your genetics. Some women tend to lose boobs first (and gain them last when the weight goes on). Other women stay larger longer, that's one of the last places for the weight to leave. Sadly, it seems that the ones who want to lose don't and those who want to keep it lose it (that's my family! My grandma and mom always complain about how hard it is to get the girls smaller, where I would love to keep mine the size they are while losing weight elsewhere, but alas it isn't so ... I got the genes from the women on my dad's side:angry::laugh: )

However, as you continue to lose, some will gradually come off there. When you get to your goal, you can assess where you are. If you are overly large, there are reduction surgeries available.
  • Moonblood
    Moonblood Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Yes I sure have. I had a 34D and somehow managed to get all the way down to a 34A.
  • iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hello! at the start of my journey I was wearing a 42DD and now I am wearing a 38D so its a big difference!
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    If u went down a band size your breast size likely decreased too...let's say u were a 34d...the sister size to this bra would be a 32dd.... Meaning if your breast stayed the same size your cup size would have INCREASED...hope I am making sense.

Think about this...I wear a 30g...I'm thin with big boobs...but a 36g bra would look VERY different...My 30g would look like a teeny tiny thing next to it!! (btw my boobies fit in a 34dd.. But the band is way too big...hence why I need the odd size I wear!!)

So Basically a cup size is not standardized to band sizes...

But awesome that u are still boobalicious!!! ;) xoxo
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Not really, which stinks because I have a *lot* going on up there.
    44F to 32G with 125 pounds of weight loss.
    Since then, I've focused a lot on strength training and the girls are finally going down a bit. I'm a 32DDD/F now but they're getting a little roomy so I am almost ready to go down to a 32DD.
  • WhiteCoc0
    WhiteCoc0 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I can imagine I will. When I was at my skinniest, I had no boobs (A cup barely). Now I have boobs (almost C cup). So boobs will probably shrink, I hope not tho.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My band size changed, but most of my bras still fit, if I shorten the straps and go on the first hook instead of the last. My boobs didn't grow much when I gained weight (which, believe me, pissed me off to no end) so mercifully, they haven't really shrunk as I lost, either.
  • TheAnie
    TheAnie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I actually got the surprise of my life the other day. I got measured for a bra at VS the other day and they told me 36C. My husband says the look on my face was priceless. I've always been an A. I'd say before I lost weight I was in a 38A. I expected my band size to go down, not my cup size to go up! I didn't believe her, so I tried it on: fit like a dream. I still can't believe it.

So I'd have to say, no I haven't lost any boobs. I also don't think I gained any either. I think it was a fluke.
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I've decreased both band and cup. :(
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Yes I have--thank goodness! (Though I was up to a 38J--I was pregnant & nursing.) I'm now happily down to a 36DD... wouldn't mind a little more gone. It's just so hard to find shirts & dresses. Plus, the extra boobage adds pounds visually.:blushing:
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I have previously with a little loose skin to boot. Big breasted women run rampant in my family though. My mom had surgery and was a HHH, she got down to a DDD but has gained weight and probably has reversed her surgery by now.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I went from a 42B to a 34D/36C after losing weight. I guess I didn't lose much weight in my breasts, but I lost a ton around my ribs and back.