• spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Sour Cream and Onion potato chips
    Goldfish crackers
    PASTA (OMG)
    CHINESE FOOOOOOOOOD
    Boredom eating!

Last, and possibly least, is oral fixation. I often sit with a bobby pin half in my mouth just for something to kind of play with, and it's actually helped a lot. I started with pens but they were big and awkward; gum wasn't convenient for class; candy wasn't really a fix... and now I'm at bobbies. They're less noticeable and get me through those hours when I just want to ransack the vending machine.
  • Naybelline
    Naybelline Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    pepperoni pizza !!!!!!!!
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    alcohol...not in an alcoholic way...but in the way that I litterally can FEEL my hands (and body) blow up the second I drink the stuff...If i drink even 2 drinks I will gain 3 lbs!! I know its water retention...but still frustrating!

So weird. I lost weight when I drank. I stopped drinking and didnt lose a pound from it.

My friend has the same reaction...she looses and I gain!! Sucks!! So we are never "drinking" at the same time!!!
  • rubycube86
    rubycube86 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I had two 'demons'. Chocolate and oversized portion sizes. The chocolate I've managed to overcome (although I do still occasionally have off days when I pig out, like today!) but I still have trouble with portions. Instead of half a can of baked beans or soup, I'll have the whole tin. For a meal meant for two, I will eat to myself. I don't put on weight easily but I get fatigued and out of breath very easily and it's because I'm eating too much food and too much junk.
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Late night snacking. That was my #1 demon. I would eat until 10 or 11pm although i KNEW it was killing me. Chips, candy .. anything I could get my hands on.

Once I learned to control it, the weight started falling off.
  • Clarecbear82
    Clarecbear82 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Anything in pastry and ice cream
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Too much beer and the food cravings that go along with it
  • bakingmadness
    bakingmadness Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Medication for my arthritis flare-up last summer. The steroids and the lack of ability to function with all the pain medication helped me gain 30 pounds over 6 months. Finally got the flare under control and weaned off the steroids so now I am fighting to loose the 30 I gained and an additional 30 that will take me to my goal weight.
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Munchies from well ya know:laugh: So i quit that habit cause the smoking bone is connected to the drinking bone and yea that packed on the pounds too :grumble:
  • 25sherry
    25sherry Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Anything sweet or anything salty! I don't even buy Jalapeno Kettle Chips anymore because I will eat them ALL. I used to have the mind set that, well it's almost gone, I might as well finish the bag and then I'll do better tomorrow. Only tomorrow there was always something else. It was a hard habit to break!
  • lcnelson
    lcnelson Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    french fries
    salt and vinegar potato chips
    cheese
  • jbakerak
    jbakerak Posts: 76
    Options
    I love high fat/high calorie foods. The more fat, the better it tastes to me lol! Good thing I also absolutely LOVE healthy food. I have always eaten healthy food, even couldn't get enough veggies as a kid. I just have to eat less fat, be more active and keep at it!
  • ssp1977
    ssp1977 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    butter
  • Raina27
    Raina27 Posts: 133
    Options
    SWEETS!!! ALL SWEETS...cookies being number 1 and candy being number 2!! Also eating out and just being lazy!!
  • comet_wow
    comet_wow Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Boredom and a lack of self respect did it for me. So over it now!
  • nikkilou1978
    nikkilou1978 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Food........Not any particular food, just food in general. Anything I could shove into my pie hole. I just love the taste of food in my mouth! And the other problem is, I can cook pretty damn good, that did not pair well with my old eating habits.

That is/was my demon...no self control!
  • TriedEverything
    TriedEverything Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Oh dear, where to start?! :ohwell:

Well, food-wise, it was just about everything - particularly chocolate, cakes, crisps, bread & pasta. I used to buy chocolate spread and peanut butter for the kids, and then I would end up eating it straight from the jar, with a spoon! :embarassed:

Also, I could never eat anything in small quanities - I always had to pile my plate really high (I'm still struggling with this at times, but it's getting easier - I think!)

Another thing was that if I overate on a special occasion - such as Christmas, or a family holiday - I would continue to eat like that once the event was over.

Finally, I have always been a comfort eater, and if things weren't going my way, I'd reach for the unhealthy snacks - and I never stopped at one item!

Really hoping I will be able to maintain the better habits I'm now learning. I think I always knew where I was going wrong - but knowing it and doing something about it are two different things!
  • kei_llew
    kei_llew Posts: 29
    Options
    Borderm, Stress, And Pastries! I was Greggs's Biggest Customer
  • GrnEydGrl86
    GrnEydGrl86 Posts: 154
    Options
    Food is my constant. Food will never leave me. Food makes me happy when I've had a bad day. I can control Food, or is Food controlling me?

Notice how I capitalized the "F" in "FOOD"

Thats because it has been the most important thing in my life for 26 years.

BUT NOT ANYMORE!!! :tongue: