Would you date someone on MFP?

Options
Sure, why not

Replies

• bellevie23
    bellevie23 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I would never date someone solely online...now if we met online and ended up dating in 'real life', sure why not...but yeah, never have a online relationship solely lol.
  • todaysanewday
    Options
    I would never date someone solely online...now if we met online and ended up dating in 'real life', sure why not...but yeah, never have a online relationship solely lol.

of course, i agree
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Other than the fact that I am married. I have yet to see a good relationship work out from online... I know of a few people that ended up getting married but their relationships are relation****s.
  • healthyliving_girl
    healthyliving_girl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Since I'm married, probably not...but I do believe that some relationships can start from meeting online. Actually, I know of two relationships that made it from the online dating to marriage.

And like the statistics say, it's 50/50. Both couples are still married. One looks like a healthy relationship...the other, not so much....
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    unmitigatedbadassery Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I am currently with someone I met on here.
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    unmitigatedbadassery Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Other than the fact that I am married. I have yet to see a good relationship work out from online... I know of a few people that ended up getting married but their relationships are relation****s.

Meeting someone online now days is just as viable a place as the book store or coffee shop. It's how you choose to proceed with the relationship that determines whether it turns to s*** or not.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    yes, I would.
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options

Same here, but why not - similar interests etc...
  • Alicia_Monique
    Alicia_Monique Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Not somebody who I was just talking to online. That's weird. I want to hold/touch/feel the person I'm dating.
  • jozev
    jozev Posts: 27
    Options
    My girlfriend is on MFP with me, so I suppose that would be a yes. Only her, though. :wink:
  • sproeber89
    Options

I am proof that online relationships do work. My fiance and I are getting married in 7 months, we met online almost 4 years ago when he was deployed to Iraq. Talked for 8 months before we met in person, spent a month together and then he went to finish his active duty in Germany for 5 months. We made it but i think it all depends on who the two individuals are.
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Yea I would dont see a problem of course it would have to work outside cyber space as well but hey if it did work awesome :smile: xxx
  • achief192
    achief192 Posts: 192
    Options
    Absolutely!
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I date an MFP friend all the time.
    Of course, she's my wife, so it works out ok...
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options

Meeting someone online now days is just as viable a place as the book store or coffee shop. It's how you choose to proceed with the relationship that determines whether it turns to s*** or not.

I met my husband online, and he is a better man than any of the other guys I had dated who I met through school or friends. lol

I agree that meeting someone online is just as reasonable as meeting someone at a bar etc.
  • lvpthemvp
    lvpthemvp Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I see no reason not to date someone you met on line. Is that the question? You meet where you meet! GO for it!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I date an MFP friend all the time.
    Of course, she's my wife, so it works out ok...

haha cute!
  • Mirabilis
    Mirabilis Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I met my hubby on the internet. We just had our 12th wedding anniversary and all's well :)

There are three components:
    1. You must have a common interest (in our case, it was computer games and we met on a message board for one of them, so I was able to see how he interacted with other posters over about two years before anything happened.
    2. When you meet in person, the pheromones have to be right.
    3. You have to take a good objective look at the person s/he is, and if possible, get some kind of a reference from a third party not suggested by them directly, i.e. hey, is that guy/girl good people? any problems you know of? Don't jump into it.

Other than that, it's what you make it.

Mirii
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    If I wasn't engaged..I think I'd be open to it. I met my fiancee online almost 7 years ago, and we haven't parted since. :smile:
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing that the question should have been phrased "would you date someone you met on MFP?" because some people are responding like they would date through MFP - as in, never meet in person, "date" through the internet... that's a ridiculous thought... that's not dating, that's communicating with someone, as we all do here in the forums.

Now, date someone I met here? Yep. Absolutely. Already have common ground, understanding, and support. Again, wholeheartedly,YUP!

<-- Single.