Marine commando diet

Options
Has anyone heard of or tried this diet. It was recommended by a friend to give me a bit of a kickstart again but Im not so sure about it. Its a two week diet and u just repeat day 1 - 7 the second week.

Marine commando 7 day diet…

Day 1

Breakfast 3 eggs

Lunch 3 eggs

Dinner 3 eggs

Day 2

1 egg or grapefruit

Fresh fruit salad

Steak, Tomatoes, Celery and cottage cheese

Day 3

1 egg or grapefruit

Fish, Tomatoes, spinach and Salad

Lean Lamb chops, tomatoes and salad

Day 4

1 egg or grapefruit

Green salad and tomatoes

3 eggs and dried toast

Day 5

1 egg or grapefruit

Fish, Tomatoes, and Salad

Lean ham salad, tomatoes and spinach

Day 6

1 egg or grapefruit

3 eggs dried toast

Steak Celery, tomatoes and cottage cheese

Day 7

1 egg or grapefruit

Fresh fruit salad

Lean lamb chops salad and tomatoes

Replies

• amccrazgrl
    amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Short Answer Diets don't work.
    Just eat clean foods.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Looks terrible, just for an example, day 1 is only 600 calories. It's just a garbage starvation diet.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I take it marines just sit about all day?
  • stephaneb74
    stephaneb74 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Looks terrible, just for an example, day 1 is only 600 calories. It's just a garbage starvation diet.

That.....
    Plus I would love to know were they get the marine commando diet name from.... or is it a way to keep these soldiers angry by starving them ?
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    There's no way Marines eat like that. Just a marketing tactic. I think it looks unhealthy, mostly.
  • Loseweight1980
    Options
    I gotta say, I know a LOT of Marines, and I have never met one that would eat that little in a day! They might eat everything on that list in 1 day, but those guys are pretty active, and they eat a ton!!!
  • jameslucy
    jameslucy Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yea I dont actually know where the name came from. Couldnt imagine marines surviving on so little food. My frind has tried it and lost 14lbs in under 2 weeks. I just dont know as there is a lot of eggs on it. JUst dont think i could stomach so many eggs as u can only eat them plain.
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    If it wasn't for that title, I don't think anyone would even try this diet. This isn't enough food...no fellow Marines I knew would eat this little, especially with as much PT as we did.

No need for a "kickstart" diet...you know what you need to do. Just watch your calorie intake, workout, and make sure you're burning more than you take in. It's that simple. No shakes, diets, or any fancy gimmicks......
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Sure, this will work and you'll lose weight, but not from some magical combination of the foods listed. You'll lose weight because it's ridiculously low in calories. For example, on day 1 you eat 9 eggs, which is all of 630 calories (70 cals per egg). This is just another crazy low calorie fad/ crash diet with just another fancy/ catchy name.
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I'm married to a Marine....and he would eat all that in 1 day. Maybe 2.
  • jameslucy
    jameslucy Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I no fad diets are no good but I have just lost all my motivation and cant get back on track. I have gained 7lbs in a few weeks and I would love to have this back off for my 40th birthday celabrations at end of march.
  • ampa916
    ampa916 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I gotta say, I know a LOT of Marines, and I have never met one that would eat that little in a day! They might eat everything on that list in 1 day, but those guys are pretty active, and they eat a ton!!!

^This, I am married to a former Marine now Soldier and he eats all the time and still should eat more for how much they exercise. There is no way that is any kind of military diet.
  • Stella_Leigh
    Stella_Leigh Posts: 189 Member
    Options

I too know ALOT of marines and they tend to be bottomless pits when it comes to food. The "Marine Commando Diet" seems like a bogus starvation diet to me.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I'm married to a Marine....and he would eat all that in 1 day. Maybe 2.

Hah, when I skimmed it, I thought it was the menu for 1 day, and thought, "*shrug* that's fine i guess". :laugh:

Anyway, this is a pretty idiotic sounding "diet" and I would venture to guess that this has absolutely nothing to do with how a typical marine eats.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    You should look up the calorie content of an MRE. You would be much closer to a commando diet eating those. You could also not wear underpants.
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    This Diet brought to you by the Egg Industry Marketing & Advertising Council.
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I dunno if it's just the name or what.. But I don't know of ANY marine that could survive on this diet! lol. It sounds like just another crash diet. Unhealthy and unlikely to lead to lasting success.
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    I no fad diets are no good but I have just lost all my motivation and cant get back on track. I have gained 7lbs in a few weeks and I would love to have this back off for my 40th birthday celabrations at end of march.
    I understand the sentiment. But fad diets just don't lead to permanent weight loss. Just try to move in the right direction by eating healthy foods, taking your vitamins and drinking water. You will feel much prouder of yourself on your 40th birthday if you are healthier instead of starved skinny.
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    is this an 80's nostalgia thread. There used to be loads of diets like that kicking about.
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    My ex was in training to be in the special forces and I can assure you that he didn't subsist on 9 eggs a day...more like he'd eat 9 eggs in one sitting as a "snack" and then proceed to wolf down 3,500+ calories for the rest of the day. It's a fad diet like any other. You'll likely wanna strangle someone from the lack of calories or variety and you'll be bored as hell.

IMO don't do it!