• Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    You could also not wear underpants.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • AddA2UDE
    AddA2UDE Posts: 382
    Options
    I agree with the above posters. This is nothing more than a BS marketing ploy. The person who is SELLING this cares nothing about helping someone achieve their goals. This person is just trying to line his/her pockets with some greenbacks. You don't need some fancy diet. You just need to "USE" this site. Find your TDEE and set up your calorie intake accordingly, track calories religiously, don't give up if have problems no matter how long it takes you to figure it out (It took me four months to start going down), actively participate with many dedicated/serious friends on here, be happy when you get on the right track and realize that once you master all of this, it is knowledge/ability you will possess for the rest of your life. Some diets may work and some may not. That being said, you don't NEED any of those magic potions to lose weight.

Cheers! :drinker:
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    There's no way that a marine could survive their training on that diet. Also, why the hell would you want to do a crash diet??
  • amccrazgrl
    amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Short Answer Diets don't work.
    Just eat clean foods.

So you're on the "eat clean foods diet?"

Not technically. Clean foods are better to eat than processed. I'm not on any type of diet. I eat to fuel my body and try to eat healthy options.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    "What's the best way to eat clean?"
    "Wash your food."
    -Alan Aragon
  • regina2063
    regina2063 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    AND WHO WILL YOU BE SITTING NEXT TOO!! AFTER EATING ALL THOSE EGGS!!! LOL
  • larababe101
    Options
    Just did this plan for 8 days and lost 17lb and I'm not exactly huge to start with either! Felt very healthy and full of energy by day 8 and wud recommend for a quick fix I.e after a holiday blow out :)
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    "What's the best way to eat clean?"
    "Wash your food."
    -Alan Aragon

xoxoxoxoxo
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Looks icky to me. And boring. Probably wouldn't kill you if you're only doing 2 weeks, but I think you'd be starving.
  • Aleluya17
    Aleluya17 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    That's funny most of the marines i know live on take out, left overs and energy drinks ^.^
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Jesus, I could'nt imagine living on JUST that, especially whilst exercising. So far today I've eaten 2 eggs with smoked salmon, a protein shake, chicken salad and a baked sweet potato, and a nectarine, and its only just been lunch time. Its the same most days. In around 3 months of eating well and doing 3 sessions of heavy lifting a week I've lost around 14lbs and completely changed my body shape. Silly diets are silly.
  • ChaquitaBannana
    Options
    This diet was geared towards the ROYAL MARINES. It's meant as a detox to shrink your stomach so that when you complete the 2 weeks, your body will be used to a lower intake and will trick your body into becoming fuller faster.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    This diet was geared towards the ROYAL MARINES. It's meant as a detox to shrink your stomach so that when you complete the 2 weeks, your body will be used to a lower intake and will trick your body into becoming fuller faster.
    It doesn't matter who it was (allegedly) geared toward - it's an unhealthy, unsustainable starvation fad diet.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    diets suck...just eat to a responsible calorie deficit and you'll be fine. Also, I am a former Marine...I don't know who came up with the name of the diet, but they're way off. When I was in the Marines I ate like a horse and worked like one too. I would guestimate that I ate around 4,000+ calories per day easy. Heck, one MRE is around 2,500 calories...so I'm probably estimating low.
  • njohnson1966
    njohnson1966 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You should look up the calorie content of an MRE. You would be much closer to a commando diet eating those. You could also not wear underpants.

Yummy, "Pork Pattie, Dehydrated" oh, the memories, err, nightmares that is. As others have already stated, i'd urge you to just eat a balanced diet within a caloric deficit. Your body will thank you in the long run. Best wishes to you in any event.
  • hkry3250
    hkry3250 Posts: 140
    Options
    I noticed zero carbs in the diet, so most of the wieght, if not all the weight would be water. Like everyone else said, this is a cheap starvation/no carb/mayo clinic diet all rolled in one. Stay away.
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Showed this to my brother, who is a Marine, and he said that it was bull. Sorry.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    You should look up the calorie content of an MRE. You would be much closer to a commando diet eating those. You could also not wear underpants.

Yummy, "Pork Pattie, Dehydrated" oh, the memories, err, nightmares that is. As others have already stated, i'd urge you to just eat a balanced diet within a caloric deficit. Your body will thank you in the long run. Best wishes to you in any event.

My favorite was the tuna and noodles with the little tiny bottle of tabasco. And the sodium...oh glorious sodium...guess it doesn't matter all that much when you're sweating like that but man...what's the shelf life on those puppies...gotta be 20-30 years.
  • Traybengy
    Traybengy Posts: 1
    Options
    I have to say I have tried it and would recommend this to someone who wants to kick start weight loss. It really works. I lost 20 pounds in 2 weeks. I found the first time I did day one I struggled to eat nine eggs. The rest of the diet was followed no problem. I have now lost 4 stone in total since I used this diet as a kick start. Then going onto healthy eating plan. Its probably called the commando diet due to it being strict
  • juicelee
    juicelee Posts: 1
    Options
    Ive done this diet and its a really good diet I lost just over a stone I do agree that marines dont use this but as a weight loss diet it works