Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    YES! we love it, we put it on mashed potatoes here,
  • jamiejarrett
    jamiejarrett Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt and ranch packets are awesome!
  • hender13
    hender13 Posts: 12
    Options
    bump
  • RNmomto4
    RNmomto4 Posts: 143
    Options
    I love ranch! The one I use is only 80 cals per 2 TBSP which I dont think is too bad--my question is, which one is low in sodium!?

The kraft light ranch is like 370mg for only 2 TBSP. Any recipes that are lower than that? Thanks!:smile:
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms Ranch 0 calories. Havent tried it but love the 0 calorie blue cheese.

I didn't like the Ranch, but I love the Bacon Ranch.
  • IndiMomma
    Options
    I like it even better with non-fat yogurt. I buy the regular fat-free yogurt and strain it to make it thicker. You can also use Greek yogurt but I actually prefer the regular, just strained. Hidden Valley Ranch also comes in a canister now, where you can just shake out what you need. I use this dip for carrots and other raw veggies and it's an extremely low calorie snack with lots of bulk and great flavor.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Yum...seems worth a try.
  • clotta22
    clotta22 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am so guilty...thanks for posting some alternatives!!!
  • jcrnprn
    jcrnprn Posts: 25
    Options
    I've used this for a while now as a veggie dip, if you add some skim milk to the mix it thins it out to pour on salad. I do this only when I'm about to use it so it will stay fresh.
  • NeeNee210willwin
    Options
    OMG I love ranch tooo lol soo bad I have my oldest daughter hooked on that to the point she will not eat any type of chicken unless its with ranch dressing but I have to try the recipe you posted it just sounds much lighter as well
  • carriem29
    carriem29 Posts: 28
    Options
    I didn't read the other replies, so I hope this isn't a repeat, but I mix one bottle of Light Hidden Valley Ranch with a bottle of Fat Free Hidden Valley Ranch. The FF is not that great by itself and the light is a little higher in cals/fat than I would like so this works well for me:)
  • plt55
    plt55 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    what size sour cream?
  • JeanetteButler
    Options
    I use fat-free cottage cheese with one packet of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing, and blend it in the blender until it is nice and creamy. Not only is it low cal, but you are getting your protein. You can add water or milk in you prefer it thinner. I love this version even better than the bottle Ranch dressing.
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    I tried the packet with cottage cheese and buttermilk. I didn't care much for it but i think 1/2 packet would have been better as it was just too strong for me.

I will definitely try again with half packet and maybe sour cream or just cottage cheese and not the buttermilk.

Thanks for the tips
  • unlocke
    unlocke Posts: 149
    Options
    I love HV Ranch but I now prefer Ken's Steakhouse LITE Ranch dressing.. It tastes just as good as the regular & it's 80 calories for 2 tbsp. I hate yogurt and sour cream so I just stick to my regular ranch, I just try to only eat it once or twice a week. =)

I hate both of those too, but you don't taste the sour cream or yogurt after you mix the packet of HVR in it. It's really good.
  • lovep90x
    lovep90x Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Great idea!
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    I love ranch dressing and creamy dressings...I have been giving them up but I might look into trying some of the alternatives mentioned here and seeing how they taste.
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    YES. I get light ranch, not fat free ranch, because it still tastes just as good to me. And I put it on everything... mmm
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    No. I am the only person in the world who does not love ranch dressing.

I can only eat it mixed with frank's red hot, or as a dipper for wings.

I HATE it on salads. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer.
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I hate ranch, but do love bleu cheese. Any suggestions for a substitute for bleu cheese?