Starting P90X

Options

Replies

• ceaton80
    ceaton80 Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm down for the group idea. I havent done one on MFP yet, would like to check it out and see everyone's progress/struggles/tips etc!
  • airyale15
    airyale15 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, we started P90x last night aswell. what a killer. did day 2 this morning and even though i've done plyo training in the past, it was painful! :(. good to hear u guys went well, keep us updated
  • mlrosa123
    mlrosa123 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Just started Friday ;) would love to join this forum :) I'm very sore already!! I chose to start it ti add intensity and change my routine now that I'm feeling in better shape :) plus summer is approaching :)
  • mlrosa123
    Options
    I have completed p90x three times but I have to do it on silent because I think tony Horton is one of the most annoying individuals I have ever come across. It definitely works though but in this case silence is golden.

Omg really? Lol I think he's funny :-P i laughed a lot :-D but I think everything's funny >.<
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the p90x today, anyone want to start a group for it? Help each other out and able to talk about it. Just a idea

Hi! I just finished P90x lean on Thursday, then started the Classic Program for Round 2, yesterday (Monday). Would love to join a group if there is one. Keep me posted.....
  • tvillemom
    tvillemom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My husband and I just ordered P90X and we can't wait for it to come in the mail. I am guessing we will start next Monday, 3/19. Reading everyone's posts has been great. I'll keep checking in to see how everyone is doing.
  • lisyah
    lisyah Posts: 1
    Options
    I am so envious of you guys. Will do my P90X next month after my holiday vacation. :D
  • mlrosa123
    Options
    So I went to my room to do day 4 p90x and I fell asleep cuz I was so cozy on my bed. So after I woke up, I ate... So now I'm waiting so I can do the workout... @ 9 pm lol no excuses!!!
  • tvillemom
    tvillemom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Now THAT is dedication! Good for you. I will keep that in mind when I'm exhausted.
  • mlrosa123
    Options
    Not much activity here lol I did 5 p90x days in 7 days. I chose zumba over p90 weds & Thursday I chose not to without. Feeling good but also very tired! Love it!
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm in my first recovery week. I'm a little sad that I'm not lifting weights this week!

Instead of doing YogaX yesterday, I went to hot yoga to work on using up the passes I have.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Here is a mix of where I started at and where I am today (finishing my second round this week!).

My P90X adventure started in May 1st 2010. I finished my first round on July 30 2010. During my first round I went from 155 to 127.

Between then and now, I didn't really workout that much but did some programs like BBL that helped me maintain. I decided to do another round in Jan 1st 2012.

I started at around 129 and looked softer than when I finished in July 2010. My last week of P90X round 2 starts this week (3.18.12). Starting point was around 129 and today I am at 119.5. My original goal in Jan 1 2012 was to be at 121. I reached this about 2 -3 weeks ago. I then changed it to 118. I think that I am almost there but won't be a big deal if I never reach it.

I just wanted to share this with those that care to read it to show you that if you work on it, you can achieve whatever you want.

Keep Bringing it and pushing play!
  • helloburger
    helloburger Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I did my first p90x session today, im 5"1, 122lbs looking to get to 112, then maybe 105 :) I shant weigh myself until the end of phase one though! hope everyone is doing well.
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Why am I so sleepy? I'm half way through my first recovery week. zzzzzz
  • azjlmar123
    azjlmar123 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yeah! Thanks for posting! I'm getting excited about seeing some major results!
  • azjlmar123
    azjlmar123 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    How is your p90x coming along? Sore as heck? I felt flabby after having sunday off of not working out! LOL
  • helloburger
    helloburger Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Todays day 2 for me. OH MY LIFE! im so sore! my arms, triceps especially. my armpits even hurt! I really enjoyed plyometrics today though.
  • gsalmon
    gsalmon Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm in round 2, week 3 of the classic version. I don't think I've ever been stronger in my whole life and it's only gonna get better. Plus, I can do for-real pushups now.
    I hated Ab Ripper x at first but now I'm loving it, started seeing results after the first few times I did it!
  • chillichops
    Options
    Good luck with your P90x journey! I'm just starting week 9 and feel so much stronger than I did on week 1. It's great that you're both doing it as you'll have eachother for encouragement too! I done my workout at 7am today and I can feel what I done in the workout! It's great because you really do challenge yourself and because of the structure of the program you won't get bored. Have fun!
  • libby328
    libby328 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I have a small question.. I am on day 9 when will I see numbers on the scale drop? I know I shouldn't expect a ton and I don't but my weight has stayed dead even! I feel like I am noticing small changes in my body but not sure if that's a mental thing haha! Have not skipped a day just wondering what everyone else's experience is with this?