Corset Training...

Options

Replies

• bigredhearts
    Options
    have any of you in support of this done any medical research on this practice? because i just did and it sickens me. its no better in my eyes when it comes to the effects on the body compared to diet pills... it makes me sad that people think they need to be a certain way so badly, they would try to modify their body in such a way... such a shame
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    A good quality well made corset wont be uncomfortable to wear all day :), you need to get them tailored to your body to truly be the most comfortable.. also steel boning is essential.

You do need to start slow and work your way into it gradually.. it is easier to take your waist in a few inches when you have more padding as opposed to none.. You need a corset where the waist is reinforced and you buy one that has a waist measurement about 2 inches smaller than your current measurement and you eventually lace that tighter until its as tight as it can go then you get a smaller one and so on.

I make corsets and have extensively researched this.. personally I don't waist train and I don't make the type of corset that could be used for extensive training. If you just want a slight change or even just something to give you a better shape under clothes
    then buying a basic chain store corset/body shaper will do.
    :)
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I love corsets. If they were prettier under clothes, or if it was more socially okay to wear corsets in public even though you are a teacher, I would totally wear them all the time. Good luck.
  • Starla_
    Options
    have any of you in support of this done any medical research on this practice? because i just did and it sickens me. its no better in my eyes when it comes to the effects on the body compared to diet pills... it makes me sad that people think they need to be a certain way so badly, they would try to modify their body in such a way... such a shame

its perfectly safe as long as it isn't taken too far.. as with most things people do... exercise can be dangerous when done in excess for instance :)
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I had never heard of this until this post, so clearly I'm no expert lol. But what I'm wondering is where the skin goes? You use the corset to move fat and whatever, but then where is the skin? Is it just wrinkled up? Does it move to? Does it fold? Where does it go??
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I've been recreationally wearing corsets for many years and it's one of my favorite subjects, especially the history. I've never corset trained or tight laced myself, it's really not my thing. I wear them cause they're pretty.

I have done extensive research on this actually. I used to run a popular site on the history of corsets. It's mainly a myth that women would lace down to 18" or less and cause organ damage. The one source cited for this again and again is a 19th century fetish magazine. That would be like people 100 years from now using Penthouse magazine as a source for how women behave and dress now.

My advice is to go custom, and go for quality. It's expensive but so worth it.

Edited to add, that fat and muscle do play a role in how far you can cinch down. When I was fat and squishy, I could easily cinch down 8". Now that I'm in better shape, 4" is probably my limit.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Everything everyone does in the wrong matter or over the top is unhealthy. People will find the bad in everything. I'm not trything to look like Ethal. And going from a 27" waist to a 24"-25" waist won't kill me. If it does, then at least I'll be happy floating above all of you:flowerforyou:
  • JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    PLEASE don't do ANYTHING that will change the shape of your rib cage! Your abdomen holds vital organs needed for your survival - don't mess them up. What kind of a sick mindset is that?
  • Starla_
    Options
    I had never heard of this until this post, so clearly I'm no expert lol. But what I'm wondering is where the skin goes? You use the corset to move fat and whatever, but then where is the skin? Is it just wrinkled up? Does it move to? Does it fold? Where does it go??

if you lace too small you will get skin fold or wrinkling.. otherwise it just comes in itself, i find mine tends to get a bit tighter.. i guess its not having to support as much fat so it can suck itself in a little lol
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options

if you lace too small you will get skin fold or wrinkling.. otherwise it just comes in itself, i find mine tends to get a bit tighter.. i guess its not having to support as much fat so it can suck itself in a little lol

Thanks for the reply! I'm not interested in trying it, but was curious :) Good luck with your training! :)
  • HorrorChix89
    Options
    I wondered the same thing about the skin but never asked before. Mine usually just tightens then expands when I take my corset off.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    Everything everyone does in the wrong matter or over the top is unhealthy. People will find the bad in everything. I'm not trything to look like Ethal. And going from a 27" waist to a 24"-25" waist won't kill me. If it does, then at least I'll be happy floating above all of you:flowerforyou:

We do so many things to change our body some are for health and others are for looks. As long as the person manages to keep up their health like I have more power to them :flowerforyou:
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Wow. I didn't really think people did this. I don't know, but I don't think it sounds like something very enjoyable to me.

I started off at a size 18/20 and am down to an 8/10 now. My waist is 30" (or so) and my hips are 36" or so. I did this without wearing a corset and "training" my body with it. I did it with hard work.
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options

It's just one way of body modification and not much different than plastic surgery, gastric bypass, tattoos, piercings. As a culture, we've always been into body modification. The important thing is to research it, make educated decisions, and be safe about it.
  • verymuchalivex
    Options
    I don't know anything about it, but I have always wanted to try it!
  • HorrorChix89
    Options
    I'll keep my "health" whatever that may be. Since people seem to base "health" and the glow of someone's skin or the look they have on their face during the day. I'm doing it for looks. There I said it lol. But honestly I see no wrong in it. If done properly it won't kill ya.

But I can understand how people will say NO THANKS to it. I'm not here to force my thoughts on anyone.
  • ShadowSoldier23
    ShadowSoldier23 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I LOVE corsets and can't wait to fit into my old one again. But I could never wear one often enough to waist train. I'm just too much of a tomb boy around the house, i'd rather go naked. lmao!
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    A totally stupid question--where does the extra flab go if you use a corset??? Mine would just pork out onto my hips I'm sure. Not sure that would be a better look......
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I love corsets and love the way they look, and love the look of a corset-trained body. I'm lucky enough to have a naturally small waist-hip ratio (I'm unlucky in other ways to make up for it, LOL), so I don't feel like it's worth the effort/potential risks for me. Good thing, too, because I find bras and even socks too restrictive (clothes SUCK) -- I'd go mad if I had to wear a corset all the time! Special occasions only.
  • ShadowSoldier23
    ShadowSoldier23 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I love corsets and love the way they look, and love the look of a corset-trained body. I'm lucky enough to have a naturally small waist-hip ratio (I'm unlucky in other ways to make up for it, LOL), so I don't feel like it's worth the effort/potential risks for me. Good thing, too, because I find bras and even socks too restrictive (clothes SUCK) -- I'd go mad if I had to wear a corset all the time! Special occasions only.

I agree! A bra/sock free world is wonderful. And how I spend most of my time at home. lol