Corset Training...

Replies

• supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    I like my corsets, but don't "corset train". On days when I can't stop eating, I'll put one on for a bit to remind myself of how far i've come. I used to be a size 22 and am now a size 6 - done naturally with no cosseting. It only takes about 1" off the small part of my waist these days, so it really is rather pointless unless I'm looking to tight lace.

I enjoy the 4 I own (thank you Fredricks of Hollywood for relatively cheap, durable, machine washable corsets!!!) and wear them fairly often. I have a cute halter-top type that is more okay to wear in public.
  • Evelyn_22
    Evelyn_22 Posts: 70 Member
    I want to start corset training. I want a womanly shape. I either look like a pencil or a marshmallow. I want ).( Not I.I . I'm 22 and I want to look like a lady now. Right now i'm 38-32-39, I want to get to 34-24-34, 36-24-36 would be fine by me.
  • Feathil
    Feathil Posts: 162 Member
    Corset training is more like stretched piercings and other body modifications. Foot binding I find disgusting... It's broken feet like... Thinking about it I don't think I'd do corset "training" at all, just wearing them the day that I want to and not as a long term goal. But it is a kind of modification and some people are into that... But it isn't a shortcut to skinnier, just reshaping what you have. Like a tube of toothpaste, except those are your organs... Enjoy...
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,900 Member
    I did it so that I wouldn't have to wear them anymore int he future. I wanted my body to look this way and I love the way I look. Now I weight train because I also like the toned muscular look with a tiny waist and nice round booty.

I noticed that since I have been weight training my waist as well as the rest of my body are all shrinking together. When I started weight training I was (39, 27, 39) after a couple of months of lifting heavy I gained a few pounds and lost a couple of sizes and inches (37, 25, 37). I get complements from my friends at the gym saying OMG you have lost a lot of weight, nope I gained and lost inches too :wink:

You can definitely do this, eat a balanced and healthy diet and workout to stay healthy :flowerforyou:
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    A totally stupid question--where does the extra flab go if you use a corset??? Mine would just pork out onto my hips I'm sure. Not sure that would be a better look......
    Really, I don't know where it goes. I always thought it just compressed. Now I'm curious.
  • MstngSammy
    MstngSammy Posts: 436 Member
    Interesting thread. I don't see anything wrong with it at all. It would be a better look than the muffin top we are producing nowadays with these hipster jeans.
  • MstngSammy
    MstngSammy Posts: 436 Member
    Corset training is more like stretched piercings and other body modifications. Foot binding I find disgusting... It's broken feet like... Thinking about it I don't think I'd do corset "training" at all, just wearing them the day that I want to and not as a long term goal. But it is a kind of modification and some people are into that... But it isn't a shortcut to skinnier, just reshaping what you have. Like a tube of toothpaste, except those are your organs... Enjoy...

You are "reshaping" and "moving" the organs around when you wear these low rise jeans. When you gain weight wearing these things the fat is "deposited" sitting on the belt.

Corset training doesn't necessarily have to crush you in order to train the shape.
  • shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    bump
  • RubyDarling
    RubyDarling Posts: 171 Member
    A totally stupid question--where does the extra flab go if you use a corset??? Mine would just pork out onto my hips I'm sure. Not sure that would be a better look......
    Really, I don't know where it goes. I always thought it just compressed. Now I'm curious.

If you tighten it too tight at the top and bottom, you definitely get some overhang. You can also get back cleavage going on!

Another thing I found when wearing corsets is that it makes you look thinner from front-on, but from the side you actually look bigger - I think because it forces you more of a circular shape.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,995 Member
    I've had zero luck with corset training. Mine continues to pee and poop inside every chance it gets. I give up.
  • posesed
    posesed Posts: 16 Member
    Bump
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349

if the corset is too small or not fitted properly or even the wrong style for your shape the extra skin/flab that is pushed up or down will stick out over the top or bottom...

with my body shape (long torso) i need to wear a corset that sits lower on the hips rather than on top of my hips otherwise my baby belly gets pushed down and pokes out underneath.

to get the best look and comfort they really do need to be custom made. not everyone has the perfect body shape for a standard style.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,966 Member
    I think it's fine if you don't go too far in....
  • da_sammit
    da_sammit Posts: 238 Member
    i have two BEAUTIFUL corsets that im losing weight to fit back into them. one is a lot smaller than the other because i had them both made for me when i was going up in weight.. i need to be around 75kg to fit into the 1st and about 70 to fit back into the 2nd.. but they are GORGEOUS! and i miss them so much...

18154_301863829723_544384723_3417310_6601231_n.jpg

18154_301863874723_544384723_3417313_8127413_n.jpg
  • kayla7303
    kayla7303 Posts: 154 Member
    bump(:
  • aquarianpixi
    aquarianpixi Posts: 131 Member
    I love corsets. If you do your research and do it right there is no problem with it as long as you listen to your body.

I agree with those saying get a good/real corset. I get mine from corsetdeal.com they are pretty cheap, but good quality. Especially good if you decide you don't want to get real serious with it because you won't be out that much money. Or if you are just on a tighter budget.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    I freakin love corsets. Not for training but because I have a bad back and they make my back feel amazing. That and I just like the feeling of something hugging me. Yay spandex and corsets and boyfriends :p
  • Corsets can be very pretty. I like Victorian clothing.

I used to wear body shapers a lot and for most of the day, but they made me hot (not in the good way), and I don't tolerate heat well. Also, by midday, my stomach would start to hurt and it would take a couple of hours for that to stop.

I've never had luck with those shapers that go down the thigh--the thigh fat just sticks out and then the shaper's legs roll up.

When I put on full support pantyhose and look in the mirror, I think, wow, wish my legs, butt and tummy really looked like this! :smile:
  • songofserenity81
    songofserenity81 Posts: 138 Member
    I have not yet tried tight lacing, I now have 3 overbust corsets, and 2 underbust. I love them and can and do wear then most of the day, they provide several functions for me....hold all my lumps and bumps in so I have a more streamlines silhouette, allow me to not have to wear a bra....am cursed with a large chest and with bra's running £30 or more a time and leaving me with shoulder pains the corsets are more comfortable. my pic shows one of my latest aquisitions a fully steel boned blue number in a medium UK size 10 to 12.
  • i love corsets, and own several. as far as i know, waist training is fine but the best way is to do it slowly.