on verge of quitting

Options
13»

Replies

• R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the replies, it's been helpful

i don't see this as a diet tho (ive never 'dieted' in my life), it is a lifestyle change -but change can be hard work. It's hard to not just shove food in your mouth sometimes-even if you don;t want it.
    When i'm depressed or lethargic i want to eat to give me energy-which for me is sugary stuff like chocolate,etc
    I've always eaten healthily, just too much plus the chocolate on top!
    so MFP is there to help me reduce my portions and also stop me from eating sweets

but thanks for the support :D
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I encourage you not to quit. I obviously don't know your lifestyle, but may I make a suggestion? Can you carve out an hour some day just for you. Make an appointment for a massage. (no kidding!) Let them pamper you. Totally relax and let your mind drift away and let go of that stress. If this is not possible perhaps you can find 15 minutes or so to just sit quietly with your eyes closed and force yourself not to think about all you have to do. Make yourself relax.

It sounds to me like you just need to recharge your batteries. You need some "me" time. Just tell everyone you're in a time out and you can't come out and play right now. Your physical and mental health is at stake and you need to take care of YOU.

Please don't quit.

This.......take care of yourself. You cannot give from an empty cup and yours sounds completely empty and then some. I promise you if you will take care of you......and let others take care of themselves......it will all work out! Take GENTLE care of you TODAY dear. Hugs and much caring, Dyanna