Best laptops?

Options
13»

Replies

• xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    I have been through laptops like theres no tomorrow!! January 2010 i brought myself a Toshiba laptop, that broke down within 4 months and had to get it fixed 5 times, and when it came back5th time it still wasnt working! The charger has completely broke, it used to turn its self off and wouldnt let me turn it back on unless i took battery out and rebooted the whole thing! :grumble: Then in may 2010 I brought myself another laptop - which was an Advent one. That was brilliant, last me a 15months, untill the battery decided to die and the charger had to be kept in at all times. And i kinda smashed the screen on it (by accident) and i couldnt get it fixed as it was out of garentee! Sooo that one went in the bin, and January 2012 i brought myself a tiny Samsung Netbook. SOOOOO much better than the other 2 laptops ive had! And people say netbook are **** and a waste of money? Well its the best £250 ive ever spent! My other 2 laptops were over £400 each, and this little netbook was £200 cheaper yet even better! my battery lasts 7 hours on this little thing, Even when im playing games and listening to music! :smile: Soo, the cheaper things always work out best :). And suprisingly this netbook has a huge 320gb hardrive! which yet again is even better than my other 2 laptops! And everything runs sooo smoothly on this thing!

Get urself a netbook!! There super cute! :bigsmile:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Before you declare it dead and buried, clean it up. A year of accumulated crap will slow the mightiest of PCs to an absolute crawl.

Hit up http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free and download the free version - about the best anti-virus/spyware program I've ever used.

Control what programs start when you boot your laptop. From the Start Menu, type Run in the search box if you're on Windows 7 and then msconfig. If you're on an older platform, I think there's a Run option on the start menu. Go to the Startup tab and disable anything that isn't Microsoft, Nvidia, ATI, your sound drivers or your anti-virus/firewall. There are 15 things running from Startup on my PC, and it uses a lot of gaming peripherals with their own special drivers.

If you have user areas on your laptop, delete any you don't need.

There's a lot more you can do to improve the speed of your computer - and most slow down is simply caused by the accumulation of crap.
    --

With that said, I'm using a Dell XPS 15 inch (you can specify the specs as you need) and it is sublime. Never in my life have I used a smoother, more reliable computer.
  • susie10
    susie10 Posts: 10
    Options
    i have a hp 17.3 inch screen love it . had it since feb. 2011.. have not had any problems with it:happy:
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,974 Member
    Options
    I have had a lot of bad luck with Dell equipment. My current laptop is an HP which I have used for over 3 years without any problems. I like the Mac's, but you pay over 2x more for them as you would for something like my HP.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    The best ones and economical ones I believe are ASUS, it's a good laptop... I have the EEE PC by ASUS (about a year old now). It's in between a mini laptop and a netbook, it's small it's portable, has a dual core processor(first one with this processor). and it's just great. Of course there are other types of ASUS, but this is just the one i use, i looked up the best one and this was it. But this was a year ago, there might be a better one now... best of all i paid about 400 i believe... maybe 300.

This.

ASUS or Lenovo. Can't go wrong.
  • HotBodUnderConstruction
    Options
    I paid $699 for my refurbished Macbook air 11.6 inch ...best laptop I've owned thus far.
    nice buy omg

Seriously! Just order refurbished from the Apple website. However, since the price is so awesome it goes out of stock really quickly!!
  • llangkilde
    llangkilde Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    There will always be Lemons.. (Happens with both Mac & PC's)
    A thing worth checking (If you Purchased this Laptop, using Plastic), is "Does your Credit Card Company offer Extended Warranty Protection" ?

A friend of Mine had Her Mac die after 1.5 Years (Just beyond the Normal Warranty) , But because She Purchased it using a VISA credit card, and that Credit card offered Extended Warranty Protection, She were able to Replace her Mac For Free.

Basically, the service automatically doubles a manufacturers product warranty.

Read more: http://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/card-member-benefits-visa-warranty-manager-1268.php#ixzz1ouyy2qQZ

I know its a little beyond the Subject here.. But Hey, Worth Looking Into.. I didnt even Know My Card had that Feature, before I checked into it.. :)
  • plzlbsbegone
    Options
    I also just bought a Toshiba (Sattelite Laptop), it was under $700 with all the goodies included (1 yr antivirus, 2 year protection plan, and Windows operating system) it was $379 starting price, 4gb Memory, 500 gb hard drive. So far I really like it!