Q for those that workout in the morning....

Options
13»

Replies

• kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I Always eat before. Small bowl cheerios with fresh fruit, cup of coffee.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    My morning workouts are at 5:30am...so I just get dressed, brush teeth, and leave.

When I get home, I have to get kids ready so I just drink coffee...but one they are gone I eat my oatmeal and eggs. I like to save my protein shake for one of my many snacks.
  • HealthyAlison
    HealthyAlison Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I don't do a lot of analysis about eating around my morning workouts. The only time I have to exercise is before the kids get up, so 4:45-5:45 (starting whenever I can drag myself out of bed). Any time lost off the beginning is time I don't exercise so I eat nothing before. Then it's off to the shower while my wife gets the kids up and dressed. Then it's up to me to get the kids fed, packed up, and out the door. If I'm lucky I get to eat while they do, if not it's in the car.

As much as I'd like to consider the merits of timing food with my morning workout, the working mom schedule makes it a moot point. :yawn:
  • Cheval13
    Cheval13 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    It's smart to eat when you feel hungry, and really everyone is different. However, I think that a point of reference is to eat within 45 minutes post-workout. It gets fuel to your muscles right away. Plus, you burn more immediately after your workout, so you would not be negating your calories. :)
  • lilchicksta94
    lilchicksta94 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I eat a light breakfast and then a snack about 45 minutes after I workout :-)