Anyone else love hiking?

Options
LittleMissNerdy
LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
I wasn't sure where to put this topic but anyway!

I'm looking forward to the extra hour of sunlight. It means more time for hiking after work! I live in Maryland and luckily my office is near a good amount of trails.

Anyone else getting out and enjoying the weather?

Replies

• Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Yes! This time of year I live on an island off of the coast of Charleston, SC. I spend as much time as I can hiking here and on surrounding islands. During the summer I live in Maine, about 40 minutes south of Acadia National Park. It is spectacular! I hike on trails of moderate difficulty.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    I live to hike. Unforutnately, I don't get to go as often as I would like. I need to purchase a new pair of boots since I wore out my last pair. Colorado is my choice for hiking.
  • jplucheck
    jplucheck Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE hiking, I live in the rocky mtns of Colorado and am currently hiking all 54 14ers. Thanks to the added hour of sunlight yesterday I did a 2 hour hike after work and can't wait to get back out there.
  • LittleMissNerdy
    Options
    I'm jealous of the locations you ladies are hiking!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Love it and can't wait to get out there again this summer!! :drinker:
  • sabrina32576
    sabrina32576 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Working on getting into hiking. I'm in Maryland too!
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I live right next to a state park and beach, so I get out there almost every day! Yay for more sunlight!
  • Hawksbillus
    Hawksbillus Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to go hiking again. We've just started planning a trip up to the Porcupine Mountains in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. Sometimes in the next few years I'm really hoping we can take the kids up to Isle Royal in Lake Superior. We haven't done that since before we had kids.
  • LittleMissNerdy
    Options

Awesome! What part? I work in Sparks!
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I spend my life trying to fine any possible time to hike!!! Went 3 times last week, and hope to make it more this week!!
  • sabrina32576
    sabrina32576 Posts: 364 Member
    Options

Awesome! What part? I work in Sparks!

I'm near Hagerstown.
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    Can't wait, although it's been such a mild winter, it was possible to hike w/o spikes for most of these past few months.
    I don't get out there as often as I'd like :sad: :happy: Yay for dancingdeer that you get to go everyday!
    I'm looking into some trail maintenance activities - not sure if you have to have a lot of knowledge/experience to volunteer time for this...
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love hiking. I live in Oregon and the Willamette National Forest is my back yard. I am able to plan an all day hike that can end at a beautiful natural hotsprings.

Hiking, camping and soaking...great combination. Burn calories at the same time.
  • LittleMissNerdy
    Options
    Hagerstown! Nice!

I managed to go twice last week. I went for a 4 mile hike on Sunday and then for almost a two mile hike after work one day. Hopefully with the nicer weather and longer days I can make it happen more often!
  • Whinchat
    Whinchat Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I do - I'm UK based and live in Wales...compared to parts of the US we only have iddy biddy hills - and unless it's Scotland (which I'm not) there aren't many 'wild' places, but here we still get some stunning countryside - and coastline :)
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous of the locations you ladies are hiking!

Are you close to the West Virginia panhandle? Hmmm. . . I guess that would be a drive for you if you want Mt. hiking, not exactly close for after work.
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    LOVE hiking! I like to take my golden retriever out with me. We have an 8 mile trail near where I live, we both love it!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Yup, I love it!!! We have several trails here in ATX! WOOP!
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I'm in Washington state and we have an amazing amount of hiking trails around here. I can't wait until the weather clears up a little bit more because hiking will be much more pleasant...though I've got quite a few in this winter :) I got to go to AZ this year as well and tried a couple of trails down there. It was totally different hiking with hardly any trees in sight! You get a view the entire time.
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    If anyone is interested, here's a link to a hiking/backpacking group:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/547-hikers-and-backpackers