Looking for a healthy dessert idea for a group

Options
Tinman42
Tinman42 Posts: 59 Member
I am making a dinner for a group of friends - none of which are truly watching their diet at this time - and was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for a good dessert that I can indulge in, too?

Replies

• KimR87
    KimR87 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    check out chocolatecoveredkatie.com its a healthy dessert blog
  • Cynthiacindypitts
    Options
    sugar free jello recipes with frsh fruits!!!
  • MartaKwiatek
    Options
    Dark chocolate covered strawberries and or pomegranate arils. Perfect portion to give you sweet tooth a fix. Enjoy!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Try the diet soda cake. It is easy and delicious. Instructions at skinnytaste.com. My girlfriend used lemon cake mix diet raspberry seltzer and added raspberries to the cake. Awesome. Lite whip cream on top
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Anything where fresh fruit is the primary ingredient - open faced pies or tarts save calories. If using a graham crust, cut crumb mixture by 1/3

Angel Food cake is fat free, top with berries & low fat cool whip.

If you want fancy, bake an angel food cake mix in a lined jelly roll pan. Turn this into a "rainbow sherbet" cake roll.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    check out chocolatecoveredkatie.com its a healthy dessert blog
    ^^^^ She has some pretty tasty recipes! ^^^^^

I also suggest...

Brownies
    http://adventuresincookinglite.blogspot.com/2012/03/chocolate-brownies.html

i-K6zVtFc-S.jpg

Meringue pops. These were actually really good, and would make a neat little finger food. :) You could use reg chocolate instead of white, or both etc....

http://adventuresincookinglite.blogspot.com/2012/02/meringue-cookie-pops.html

i-d8wWvCR-S.jpg
  • Shamrock_me
    Shamrock_me Posts: 161
    Options
    My favorite indulgence !!
    1 (8 ounce) package low fat or fat free cream cheese, softened
    3 packets Splenda (or if you must 2 tbls powdered sugar)
    1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled
    Throw it in a mixer, then in the fridge for a couple hours to 'set up' (it never makes it in my house)

1 box of reduced fat Graham Crackers

Its a snack style dessert where you dip or spread the Strawberry Cream Cheese dip on the Graham Crackers.
    It's addictive I warn you!!

This is usually my end of the week treat for being good.
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    angel food cake with light whipped cream and strawberries!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    1 box of Devil's Food Cake mix
    1 15 oz. can pureed pumpkin
    1/4 cup water
    1 container of cool Whip free

Mix cake mix, pumpkin, and water together. Pour into 9x13 pan (or muffin tins for cupcakes). Bake as per cake instructions. Top with cool whip. YUMM-O!
  • jillbernhardt
    jillbernhardt Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    OMGoodness-The Lemon cake with Raspberry seltzer sounds amazing! Do you use artificial sweetened seltzer or the natural stuff with flavoring?
  • Dwell4Design
    Dwell4Design Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I found Crepes at Albersons that are only 50 calories each, and filled them with strawberries and a little fat free cool whip. Delicious! No one would even know it is low calorie. Just a simple idea.
  • JillSkigirl
    JillSkigirl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Check out Roasted Banana Pudding on the Cooking Light website. It is fabulous!
  • ngkhan
    ngkhan Posts: 3
    Options
    A friend of mine made Cookie Dough Dip for our last get together. Its delicious and healthy!! Here's a link to her blog.http://lilieslattesandlace.com/2012/03/07/cookie-dough-dip/
  • Partyofpugs
    Partyofpugs Posts: 105
    Options
    My favorite is a box of angel food cake mix mixed up with a can of crushed pineapple in juice. Put in ungreased 9X13 pan and bake at 350 until done (lightly brown, about 40 minutes) Yummy and no one knows it's lo-cal. Can top with sugar free/fat free Kool Whip. It's always devoured when I bring it.
  • lcharity79
    lcharity79 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    1 box of Devil's Food Cake mix
    1 15 oz. can pureed pumpkin
    1/4 cup water
    1 container of cool Whip free

Mix cake mix, pumpkin, and water together. Pour into 9x13 pan (or muffin tins for cupcakes). Bake as per cake instructions. Top with cool whip. YUMM-O!

I'm intrigued...will defininitely have to try this one! Does it bake up like a regular cake, or does it effect the consistency?
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    A beautiful Fruit Tray of mixed Strawberries, Raspberries, Blueberries, Pineapple and Grapes or individual Strawberry Shortcakes made with a slice of Angle Food Cake, Fresh cut Strawberries or any Berry and Low fat cool whip.
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    bump
  • giag09
    giag09 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    My favorite indulgence !!
    1 (8 ounce) package low fat or fat free cream cheese, softened
    3 packets Splenda (or if you must 2 tbls powdered sugar)
    1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled
    Throw it in a mixer, then in the fridge for a couple hours to 'set up' (it never makes it in my house)

1 box of reduced fat Graham Crackers

Its a snack style dessert where you dip or spread the Strawberry Cream Cheese dip on the Graham Crackers.
    It's addictive I warn you!!

This is usually my end of the week treat for being good.

this sounds really good!!!!
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Pudding is also a nice dessert to serve. It's also easy to make.