Options
2»

Replies

• maf66
    maf66 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    My favorite indulgence !!
    1 (8 ounce) package low fat or fat free cream cheese, softened
    3 packets Splenda (or if you must 2 tbls powdered sugar)
    1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled
    Throw it in a mixer, then in the fridge for a couple hours to 'set up' (it never makes it in my house)

1 box of reduced fat Graham Crackers

Its a snack style dessert where you dip or spread the Strawberry Cream Cheese dip on the Graham Crackers.
    It's addictive I warn you!!

This is usually my end of the week treat for being good.

EDIT---> I will totally be turning this into a pie using my low fat chocolate whole wheat shortbread cookie recipe as a pie crust. Thank you so much for this one!
  • maf66
    maf66 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    1 box of Devil's Food Cake mix
    1 15 oz. can pureed pumpkin
    1/4 cup water
    1 container of cool Whip free

Mix cake mix, pumpkin, and water together. Pour into 9x13 pan (or muffin tins for cupcakes). Bake as per cake instructions. Top with cool whip. YUMM-O!

I'm intrigued...will defininitely have to try this one! Does it bake up like a regular cake, or does it effect the consistency?

It's FANTASTIC, I've made this myself only using a brownie recipe. Can also melt semi sweet choc chips and drizzle over the top to make prettier! Half the fun of dessert is they look so SEXY!
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    fat free vanilla yogurt with fresh strawberries and blueberries make parfaits out of them Yummy!!!!
  • meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    graham cracker (low fat)
    sugar free pudding chocolate
    fat free cool whip

put a layer of graham cracker in a large deep dish, next layer on pudding, next cool whip. do this until you get 4-5 layers. set in fridge so that the graham cracker can soften...........its so effing good!
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    bump...there's some good stuff here!!
  • robino419
    robino419 Posts: 29
    Options
    yumm-o ideas here!
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    baked bananas with cinnamon!
  • s_waser
    s_waser Posts: 92
    Options
    I haven't checked everyone elses posts sorry if someone already posted this but you can get a cake mix like pillsbury funfetti and only add a can of diet sierra mist. Cook as directed (temp and time). When it cools add light/fat free cool whip to it. There are no added calories to the cake mix besides what is already there and then the cool whip has very little. The cake it a little sticky but delicious! Good luck!!
  • nichole325
    nichole325 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    check out chocolatecoveredkatie.com its a healthy dessert blog

^^ THIS!! I made the cookie dough dip made with chick peas and other goodies and I can tell you first hand IT TASTES LIKE COOKIE DOUGH! Some people may find this to be gross...but I am that person who bakes and indulges in some of the dough. You can dip fruit in it or grahm crackers or just put a spoon in it and enjoy. it was SO yummy!
  • garita93
    garita93 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    bump...to save recipes for later :tongue:
  • PALady4JC
    PALady4JC Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Two dessert recipes I often make when entertaining that are always big hits. I've done the first one more than the second; it's just so easy and refreshing.

1) Mousse Parfait or Pie

I've used key lime yogurt with lime jello, orange cream yogurt with orange jello, raspberry with raspberry, lemon with lemon. I think the favorites so far have been the orange and the key lime.

1 reduced fat graham cracker crust (if desired)
    1 (1/16oz) package sugar-free gelatin
    1/4 cup boiling water
    8 oz fat-free whipped topping
    12 oz fat free, sugar free yogurt in flavor complimenting the gelatin

Dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water in a large bowl, then stir in the yogurt and mix thoroughly with a wire whisk. Fold in the whipped topping with a wooden spoon and spread all the mix into parfait glasses or the crust. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, Decorate with fresh fruit if desired.

Hint: I've learned to have the yogurt out of the containers and in a bowl before dissolving the gelatin in water then scraping the yogurt into the gelatin mix. Otherwise, the gelatin starts to set quickly and the texture is not as appetizing.

2) Angel Food Cake Mix made with one can of crushed pineapple. No other ingredients. Bake as directed on box. Very moist and fat free. May be high in sugar though; I don't remember.
  • PALady4JC
    PALady4JC Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I've seen "bump" used often...what is it?
  • Tinman42
    Tinman42 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:

These ideas are all FABULOUS!!! Thanks so much.. now the hard part - deciding which one to make!!
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    One box cake mix, one can sprite zero. Mix and bake.
  • kristinajaffe
    kristinajaffe Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    pumpkin chocolate chip cookies

1 box spice cake mix
    1 15 oz can pumpkin
    1/3 c. mini chocolate chips

mix together and bake on cookie sheet ( i think it's 350 for about 8-10 mins.)
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I tried the devils food cake and pumpkin recipe - I thought it was disgusting (and I love pumpkin and devils food cake). My husband hated it too!
  • AprilShore
    AprilShore Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My favorite is fudge pie. It is so thick, you can turn your spoon upside down and it will stick! A little slice will fulfill your sweet craving!

Reduced Fat Graham Crust
    1 can fat free condensed milk
    1 tub fat free Cool Whip
    2oz dark baking chocolate

Melt the chocolate in the microwave. Once melted, quickly stir in condensed milk. Fold in 1/2 the Cool Whip. Pour into graham crust and refrigerate for 1 hour. Top with remaining Cool Whip before serving.
  • BeautifulRedButterfly
    BeautifulRedButterfly Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com has the most AMAZING tasting recipes!!

OMG soooooooooooo good. I love her desserts!! extremely low in calories too!
  • Evelynandchris
    Evelynandchris Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    graham cracker (low fat)
    sugar free pudding chocolate
    fat free cool whip

put a layer of graham cracker in a large deep dish, next layer on pudding, next cool whip. do this until you get 4-5 layers. set in fridge so that the graham cracker can soften...........its so effing good!

^^^ this sound amazing!!!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    1 box of Devil's Food Cake mix
    1 15 oz. can pureed pumpkin
    1/4 cup water
    1 container of cool Whip free

Mix cake mix, pumpkin, and water together. Pour into 9x13 pan (or muffin tins for cupcakes). Bake as per cake instructions. Top with cool whip. YUMM-O!

I'm intrigued...will defininitely have to try this one! Does it bake up like a regular cake, or does it effect the consistency?

It's FANTASTIC, I've made this myself only using a brownie recipe. Can also melt semi sweet choc chips and drizzle over the top to make prettier! Half the fun of dessert is they look so SEXY!

Yes this is good! BTW Sexy! Love it! LOL