I wake up feeling hungover without drinking

Options
13»

Replies

• Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Did you recently cut caffeine out of your diet?
    That's exactly what happened to me
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Research adrenal fatigue. Make sure to look up 30 signs and symptoms, less than that is just too general. Although I can not diagnose you this is my biggest complaint when I was first starting my fatigue stages 1. It is not always caught by Dr.'s there fore it is often dismissed.

I used to explain it as waking up feeling like I was hit by a truck. It took about 10 years to get someone to understand what I was talking about. They tried to call it stress headached, depression, ADD, all kinds of other things. They were wrong. Once I began to treat the adrenal fatigue, I feel 100x better.
  • jenniebean1680
    jenniebean1680 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Are you sure it's not a migraine? I get migraines that last a week and it could be confused with a hangover. I feel nauseous, headache (migraine), tired, etc.

EDIT: Even when I get rid of the migraine pain from medication I feel the other symptoms until I take the medication that targets them as well.

Good call, migraines could do this, as well as chronic fatigue.
  • kerricolby
    kerricolby Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Could it be Allergy related? I've been miserable for the last week or so because of my allergies. It's the absolute worst first thing in the morning.
  • 412HeavyLifter
    412HeavyLifter Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Sleep deprived or your electrolytes are out of whack.
  • tulip07
    tulip07 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    At this time of the year.. my guess for you is

wait for it...

ALLERGIES!!

Seriously, that's exactly how I feel when I wake up and it's because of my allergies to pollen that start this time of the year every year, for the last 8 years :-(
  • kirstand
    kirstand Posts: 76
    Options
    i sometimes get like that when i havn't had enough fluids (water) the day before.
    but more so if i've eaten too much sugar/high fat foods, or just overeaten...food hangover!!
    also the time of month has an impact on me.
  • sapnahagan
    Options
    i felt like that throughout my pregnancy!
  • barefoot76
    barefoot76 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    As soon as I get some $$ I will go to the doctor, haha. I have a new insurance plan that comes with a deductible, and it is expensive just for a regular office visit!

Thanks for all the advice, I even feel better now after drinking some water. I'm freaking out because a guy I work with is having brain surgery today for tumors they found. He's my age, so that's on my mind too.

God I hope I'm not pregnant! haha. I'm not though...I hope..can't be yet...ahhhhhh

P.S.---I did almost just throw up in my sink for no reason. Now you've all got the hypocondriac in me revved up! haha

I swore I wasn't pregnant... then I peed on a stick. Srsly, they are cheap. Get yourself a preggo test just to rule it out. Wouldn't hurt to also double or even triple your water intake in the meantime. *hugs* Hope you feel better soon!
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options

ALLERGIES!!

Seriously, that's exactly how I feel when I wake up and it's because of my allergies to pollen that start this time of the year every year, for the last 8 years :-(

This is probably it.
    Ibuprofen helps with swelling.
    So your sinuses wouldn't be as swollen after taking it, which explains why it's only in the morning
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    I don't think allergies, I'm not stuffy or watery itchy eyes. Im nauseous with spinningand headache. I do have inner ear problems on the left. I'm sure it's fine I'm just a hypo
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    You should ask a doctor. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but I felt dizzy for a few years. I had migraines all the time, and I found out I'm hypothyroid, which means my body can't seem to get energy from food or sleep unless I replace those hormones by taking medication everyday.

I also found out some lifestyle changes that I needed to make, like going to bed at the same time every night. It has helped a lot. Although, this daylight savings time business makes me a little angry...
  • JadeC_3
    Options
    I have had the exact same problem and I'm completely clueless about as to why I would feel this way. It doesn't happen often, and usually mainly occurs when I've been consuming alcohol- which in this case is not the issue (I hardly ever drink). I had a migraine last night, which is a common problem I face if my day-to-day headaches are not prevented in time. I worked a cardio session, and consumed 3 glasses of water within that session, bringing my total water intake to about 9 glasses-the glass I took to bed was just about finished. Other than that I have done nothing different, but I feel totally hungover where it feels like I got wasted the night before.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I think its Sinusitis
  • Jessiecone
    Jessiecone Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's been a year since you posted. I wonder if this problem still exists? I too have waken up the next morning with the hangover feeling and what little research I've done it's all pointing towards Hypothyroidism. Have your blood work ran including a thyroid test.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Anyone else have this problem? It's been happening for about a week now. I drink water and take some headache medicine and it goes away, but I just don't understand the feeling?

sleep walking + binge drinking = hangover
    install a security cam
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Anyone else have this problem? It's been happening for about a week now. I drink water and take some headache medicine and it goes away, but I just don't understand the feeling?

I get that horrible hungover feeling if I don't eat when my body needs it. Perhaps you're going too long without food. How long between when you last eat and when you go to bed?
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Jessiecone wrote: »
    It's been a year since you posted. I wonder if this problem still exists? I too have waken up the next morning with the hangover feeling and what little research I've done it's all pointing towards Hypothyroidism. Have your blood work ran including a thyroid test.

Kinda math you doin?