Birth Order & Personality

Krizzle4Rizzle
Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
This is just for fun since I am bored and I thought it was pretty interesting. I am a Last born. I agree very much with the short attention span. What are you?

*Only-borns*

Positives: Only-borns are the mega-movers of the world. They are task-orientated; tend to be extremely well organised, highly conscientious and dependable. They are keen on facts, ideas and details and feel extremely comfortable with responsibility.

Negatives: The negative characteristics of only-borns can be tough to handle. They are often unforgiving, very demanding, hate to admit they're wrong and usually don't accept criticism well. To others, they seem very sensitive and indeed, their feelings are easily hurt.

*First-borns*

Positives: They are natural leaders and often high achievers. The majority of politicians, spokespersons and managing directors are first-borns. They frequently live with a sense of entitlement and even superiority. They often come in two flavours: compliant nurturers/caregivers or aggressive movers and shakers.

Both are in control; they just use different methods. As a rule, first-borns are picky, precise people - they pay attention to detail - tend to be punctual, organised, and competent. They want to see things done right the first time. They don't like surprises.

Negatives: They are often moody and occasionally lack sensitivity. They can be intimidating, particularly by pushing people too hard or refusing to take no for an answer.
Sometimes they can be a bit 'know-it-all', and often they are poor at delegating - largely because they don't trust other people as much as they trust themselves. They also tend to be bossy, perfectionists and overly-conscientious.

*Middle-Borns*
Positives: The classic middle-born is very relational, tends to be a people-pleaser and usually hates confrontation. Their basic need is to keep life smooth and their motto might be 'peace at any price'. They are usually very calm, will roll with the punches and are amiable, down-to-earth and great listeners. They are skilled at seeing both sides of a problem and eager to make everybody happy. That makes them good mediators and negotiators.

Negatives: They tend to be less driven than first-borns, but are much more eager to be liked - or at least be happy with them. They have a difficult time setting boundaries. They can drift into becoming 'co-dependent' as they try to please everybody. They are not good at making decisions that will offend others. They also tend to blame themselves when others fail.

*Last-Borns*

Positives: Last-borns are the world's cheerleaders. You have strong people skills and love to entertain and talk to others. You make friends easily and immediately make others feel at home. You're an extrovert, energised by the presence of other people and you're probably not afraid to take risks.

Negatives: Last-borns tend to get bored quickly. They have a strong fear of rejection and a short attention span. When the fun stops, they've had enough and want to check out. To some extent they're self-centred. They may harbour unrealistic expectations of finding a relationship that is always fun - and of course, such relationships simply do not last.

Replies

• SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    I have both only-born and first born.
    I'm 10 years older than my brother, so I was an only child for a long time.
    But when I became a big sister, I became very bossy and picky as well.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member

*First-borns*

Positives: They are natural leaders and often high achievers. The majority of politicians, spokespersons and managing directors are first-borns. They frequently live with a sense of entitlement and even superiority. They often come in two flavours: compliant nurturers/caregivers or aggressive movers and shakers.

Both are in control; they just use different methods. As a rule, first-borns are picky, precise people - they pay attention to detail - tend to be punctual, organised, and competent. They want to see things done right the first time. They don't like surprises.

Negatives: They are often moody and occasionally lack sensitivity. They can be intimidating, particularly by pushing people too hard or refusing to take no for an answer.
    Sometimes they can be a bit 'know-it-all', and often they are poor at delegating - largely because they don't trust other people as much as they trust themselves. They also tend to be bossy, perfectionists and overly-conscientious.

Definitely true about being a high achiever., and also I would say I am a nurturer, and I am picky. I definitely don't trust others on things like projects - I would rather do it myself so I know it is done right.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,832 Member
    I am the definition of a middle born.
  • aelarek
    aelarek Posts: 83 Member
    Yes, I am definitely a first born. All the freaking way. So is my husband. He's the mover-shaker, I'm the nurturer.
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Definitely fit the middle-born mold!
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Bump!
  • mckshowie
    mckshowie Posts: 210 Member
    not.even.close.

haha. i am a good mediator and negotiator, but that is less about pleasing everyone and more about being a control freak.

*Middle-Borns*
    Positives: The classic middle-born is very relational, tends to be a people-pleaser and usually hates confrontation. Their basic need is to keep life smooth and their motto might be 'peace at any price'. They are usually very calm, will roll with the punches and are amiable, down-to-earth and great listeners. They are skilled at seeing both sides of a problem and eager to make everybody happy. That makes them good mediators and negotiators.

Negatives: They tend to be less driven than first-borns, but are much more eager to be liked - or at least be happy with them. They have a difficult time setting boundaries. They can drift into becoming 'co-dependent' as they try to please everybody. They are not good at making decisions that will offend others. They also tend to blame themselves when others fail.
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Ha ha yep, I fit that only-child description to a tee! I'll have to show this to my boyfriend, he'll get a kick out of it. :)
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    I am middle-born and this seems to align with the results of the Meyers Briggs test that I just took!
  • i'm technically the last-born in my immediate family -- and i fit the majority of those characteristics, but my HUGE family (cousins + aunts and uncles) is very close, we grew up in the same town, etc. so we're like one HUGE immediate family, so because of that (and me being the second oldest of 15, where the oldest is 8 years older than me) i find i have a LOT of the 'first born' traits as well...

how interesting!
  • This is spot on!

So funny!
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Yep, very much a first-born.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    I am first born...I agree with some. I like to lead, but only within certain groups...otherwise I am pretty shy. I do like to have control though, I have been told that I tend to act superior (even if I don't mean to), I'm caring...but yes I can be moody. That being said, I think of myself as very sensitive...and I never push people around.

My fiance is a first born though and this suits him to the letter. He never takes no as an answer! hahaha
  • Middle born through and through
  • cynhip
    cynhip Posts: 33
    I'm a middle born. # 6 of 11 sibblings. Crazy huh?
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 479 Member
    Im the baby in the family and I would have to say this is just about right on for me! lol How funny. My daughter is also and "only" and her's rings true for her as well.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    I am a first born and while the first part doesnt apply to me I dont like to be a leader but this part fits me to a T
    - tend to be punctual, organised, and competent. They want to see things done right the first time. They don't like surprises.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,339 Member
    Last born, same as you, I have a short attention span as well
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    I'm a combination of only and first born. I was 9 when my brother was born, so half of my childhood was spent as an only. And both those descriptions...yep, fit me quite perfectly.
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    So if you are an only child do you go with the only born or the first born.... You are technically both!?

I am a middle born child to a T there!? :wink: Thanks for sharing!!