Birth Order & Personality

Replies

• ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 909 Member
    what abt the knee baby?
  • jennp1129
    jennp1129 Posts: 277 Member
    I find it hard to dictate personality when you come from a large family. I see traits of my siblings and I in all of those. However in most circumstances I agree. I just believe it tends to apply more to the average size household. Not 8 children.
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 664 Member
    darn I'm the last born and it almost fits me completely
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    *doesn't like the negatives about middle borns so I will just skip away and act like I never saw it*

How very middle born of you. :laugh:
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,340 Member
    Definitely First-Born..... and then immediately ate the rest of the litter!!! :devil:
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    I'm a first born, but I don't feel entitled nor am I unable to take no for an answer. And while I'm more of a nuturer/caregiver... I'm not necessarily compliant either. But I am an over acheiver and there are times when I lack sensitivity... but what can I say, I hate stupid people.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,552 Member
    I am a last born but don't really fit the description. I am very shy and not really a cheerleader type. I will admit I have to keep busy.
  • Emabo
    Emabo Posts: 125 Member
    I am the third born, and it fits me quite well. I hate to say it, but indeed I am pretty self-centered, I should work on that with my weight loss!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,810 Member
    I'm kind of a weird combo. I'm a third born for my dad, but a first born for my mom...I've got 2 half brothers that are in their mid 40s (i'm 27)....soooo not sure where I fall, but I've kinda got characteristics of the first born so I'll go with that :)
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Hilarious! I'm a first born and I know my little sister would agree completely with my "traits"
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,644 Member
    *Last-Borns*

Positives: Last-borns are the world's cheerleaders. You have strong people skills and love to entertain and talk to others. You make friends easily and immediately make others feel at home. You're an extrovert, energised by the presence of other people and you're probably not afraid to take risks.

Negatives: Last-borns tend to get bored quickly. They have a strong fear of rejection and a short attention span. When the fun stops, they've had enough and want to check out. To some extent they're self-centred. They may harbour unrealistic expectations of finding a relationship that is always fun - and of course, such relationships simply do not last.

I would say this is fairly accurate.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Only-born here, married to an only-born and have an only-born child.

What a bunch of selfish aszholes in my house!
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    I am a first born and the description couldn't be truer, both positives and negatives.
  • sharonucd
    sharonucd Posts: 145
    wow..this is pretty spot on...i'm an only born and my bf is a first born. i see things we struggle with in the descriptions!
  • eayal002
    eayal002 Posts: 186

*First-borns*

Positives: They are natural leaders and often high achievers. The majority of politicians, spokespersons and managing directors are first-borns. They frequently live with a sense of entitlement and even superiority. They often come in two flavours: compliant nurturers/caregivers or aggressive movers and shakers.

Both are in control; they just use different methods. As a rule, first-borns are picky, precise people - they pay attention to detail - tend to be punctual, organised, and competent. They want to see things done right the first time. They don't like surprises.

Negatives: They are often moody and occasionally lack sensitivity. They can be intimidating, particularly by pushing people too hard or refusing to take no for an answer.
    Sometimes they can be a bit 'know-it-all', and often they are poor at delegating - largely because they don't trust other people as much as they trust themselves. They also tend to be bossy, perfectionists and overly-conscientious.

Me all the way, I'm married to a "Last-Born" and complete opposites.
  • bayertablets
    bayertablets Posts: 213 Member
    I am a first born, but according to these descriptions I fit in much more with middle born children. I have the positives of the middle born, but definitely the negatives of first borns.

My younger sister is a last born for sure though. I think her life mottos is "On to the next one!"
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    If anyone is really interested in this stuff you should check out Dr. Kevin Leman's site. He wrote The Birth Order book, as well as some great ones on child rearing and other self help issues. He lives in my home town and he's on the local radio stations fairly often giving people advice as well as just giving great information. I think he's pretty awesome.

http://www.drleman.com/store/index.php
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    First born, and yep that pretty much describes me perfectly.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    I'm first-born, of four. That describes me PERFECTLY. It also very well describes my 18 year old brother, and my 15-year-old sister (if my sister is considered last-born, being third). My 7-year-old brother was much like me when he was younger, but has morphed to being just like my sister, so it works for him as well.
  • Emabo
    Emabo Posts: 125 Member
    I am a first born, but according to these descriptions I fit in much more with middle born children. I have the positives of the middle born, but definitely the negatives of first borns.

My younger sister is a last born for sure though. I think her life mottos is "On to the next one!"

I always say things like "Oh well! On to the next thing." Also my life motto is pretty similar to that.
    Haaa