Breastfeeding, exercising & losing weight

Options
My daughter is 7 weeks old and I of course lost weight right after she was born but at my 6 week check-up I had put about 6 lbs back on. I am hungry hungry all the time and I don't want to deprive myself food as I'm breastfeeding. I had a c-section and am feeling great compared to my first daughter's c-section. I had lost about 50 lbs right before I found out I was pregnant and I would like to get back on track with my weight loss & being healthy especially with my new daughter. Any suggestions for a program for new breastfeeding moms as far as exercise and nutrition information. I'm currently walking on my lunch hours but anything more vigorous tends to agitate and create sore nipples for myself.

Replies

• KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Eat when you're hungry, drink water constantly, get some moderate exercise daily like walking with your baby. Make sure you're eating enough - add 500 calories per day to whatever you are supposed to be eating. Your body will hoard calories and fat like there's no tomorrow if you're breastfeeding and cut down on your calories.

The first little while tends to be up and down, then when you're into a groove you'll start seeing it fall off. I dropped 40lb in about six months from nursing and walking, and that was without tracking calories at all.