Replies

• Gargoyle69
    Gargoyle69 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Bowl of bacon!
  • ka_bateman
    ka_bateman Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Have you had an IceBox cake? It's sooo yummy and made with chocolate pudding and a graham cracker crust...among other yummy goo! It's very low cal. Its even in the database =)
  • bridgeo74
    bridgeo74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Check out my blog for my Jello Poke Cake...that was my birthday cake this year!!! YUM!!!
  • awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    fruitcake.jpg

how's about this option????
  • s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    When I was working at a day care we had oatmeal celebration of life cakes for the kids birthday. This is the closest I could come to the recipe. If you don't soak the raisins then the cake is kind of dry. If you don't like raisins you can leave them out. It tastes great, just not a "real" cake.

1 1/4 cups boiling water
    1 cup quick cooking oats
    1/2 cup butter
    3/4 cup packed brown sugar
    3/4 cup white sugar
    2 eggs
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    1/2 cup raisins

Thanks to Allrecipes.com look under Oatmeal Cake 2 recipe or just follow the link below if you are interested. Enjoy :)

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/oatmeal-cake-ii/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=oatmeal cakes&e8=Quick Search&event10=1&e7=Recipe

Also we replaced the brown sugar with applesauce.
  • commonly_unique
    Options
    I love Hungry Girl! This single serving recipe is delicious and only 123 calories.

http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/954
  • rbbrrmqn
    rbbrrmqn Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I got one thing for ya--DO NOT get fat-free Cool whip, do the light. The FF was ICK, IMHO!
    And, HB early!!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I made cupcakes with a box of cake mix plus a can of crushed pineapple and a grated carrot.
    Not what I would call "healthy" but the calories were pretty low and they tasted really good.
    You could try to make frosting with reduced fat cream cheese and a bit of honey or maple syrup to sweeten it, I think that would work OK.

Or, check out chocolatecoveredkatie.com
    She has some very cool recipes, I'm going to try the chickpeas blondies very soon.
  • feduh86
    feduh86 Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Money cake! those are always fun =P
  • askme12
    askme12 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Just eat regular cake and don't go overboard.

The problem with that is my tastes have totally changed over the last few months of eating better. I don't know if it's the uber sweetness or what but I hear "buttercream" and I loose interest. I used to eat the crap out of some icing too.

I used to get this:

sif219708.jpg

It has like 5 layers of cake and ganache alllllllllllllllll inside it and is covered with ganache and chocolate. I used to love it but it doesn't even sound that good anymore... which is sorta sad lol.

I personally can't do chocolate cake, its way too sweet for me. I like red velvet with cream cheese frosting from scratch. Made it for my niece's birthday in Feb. and everyone loved it. you get the richness of chocolate cake without it being too sweet!
  • lax75
    lax75 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Did anybody suggest buying a single cupcake from a bakery? Or one cake pop? Portion control, FTW!

This ^^ Even our supermarket bakery has lots of options for one-portion items - cheesecake, cupcakes, napoleons, etc. Each one is plenty big enough for a few candles!! That way you can splurge and not worry that there will be leftovers to tempt you the next day. I do this for my father when he comes to dinner and wants dessert but I'm not going to eat it. (No, it's really not good for him either, but he's 86 and quite healthy other than his hearing, so if he wants dessert he can have it!)

One year when I couldn't have any cake because of medical issues, instead of the usual sheet cake in the office they piled bunches of a lot of different types of grapes on a platter and stuck the candles in between the grapes. Which was very sweet, as I knew they'd much rather have had the cake!
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    either 3-2-1 cake... mix a box of angel food cake with a box of any other cake mix in a ziplock bag... in a coffee cup put 3tbs of the cake powder, 2 tbs of water and microwave for 1 minute... I think its only like 45 calories and warm and delishious! could top with cool whip or homemade greek yogurt frozen yogurt.

Or pineapple cake... mix 1 box angelfood cake with 1 can crushed pinapple with juice, bake as long as directed.

Happy Birthday!
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Bowl of bacon!

rofl but would it start a grease fire if I put candles on it?

fruitcake.jpg

how's about this option????

:O

That's so freaking adorable!!!!!

Possibly a winner, actually! I would get some little angle food shortcake things for the side so people can make little individual fruit cakes and I could make some whipped cream or chocolate whipped cream to go on top!!!

AND I can put candles on that!
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    For those of you who think eating fat makes you gain weight, watch Fat Head so we can end this discussion.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    For those of you who think eating fat makes you gain weight, watch Fat Head so we can end this discussion.

Why? So they can instead think carbs make you fat?
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Okay so I'll be making:

100 calorie cupcakes - Thanks, Biggest Loser!!!!!

427737_412704455413599_100000221446439_1849269_581306742_n.jpg

Cupcake batter

5 organic egg whites
    Pinch of salt
    3 tablespoons honey
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    ¼ cup nonfat Greek yogurt
    ½ cup whole wheat flour
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    (Possibly adding unsweetened cocoa to half for chocolate)

For the raspberry frosting

1 cup nonfat cream cheese
    1 cup fresh raspberries
    Fresh raspberries to garnish

and then this with some greek yogurt and fruit blended together for dipping:

420157_412526652098046_100000221446439_1848557_1849131556_n.jpg

That is seriously the most adorable little 'cake' that I have ever seen!!!! So thank you, Awdamm.

Thanks so much for all the input, everyone! I'm definitely going to have a delicious and guilt free birthday this year. :)
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options

No, so exactly what I said. You are making irrational conclusions and TROLLING because that is all you do here.
  • newday332
    newday332 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    How about a Diet Coke cake? Buy a box of the reduced sugar Pillsbury cake mix and add a 12oz can of diet coke. Nothing else. Mix and bake according to the box directions. It's yummy.

You can also try different flavor variations, i.e., white cake mix with diet orange or raspberry. If you want frosting, you can use lite cool whip if you like that.

Just an idea. Good luck.

Really? Would i still need the egg and so forth?
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

No, so exactly what I said. You are making irrational conclusions and TROLLING because that is all you do here.

Lol, and tell me what conclusions you expect people to get from Fat Head, that fat isn't bad or that carbs are evil?
  • brismom070897
    brismom070897 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    bump