TURBO JAM... new group, anyone wanna join me? :)

Options
Hello Everyone :drinker:

I have been trying to get into Turbo Jam, for some months now, I love it, it's so much fun. :love:
BUT my issue is trying to fit exercise into my busy life. :grumble:

I recently started a full time job, plus I work three nights per week and have a 7 year old son to take care of, between all that and spending time with my Fiancé I seem to have no time to do anything else at all!!

I need to make a plan and stick to it. I would love to start a Turbo Jam group. :wink:

My aim is to do 5 turbo Jam workouts per week, even if it is only the 20 minute workout first thing in the morning, along with a sensible eating plan, I will be cutting out chocolate and most biscuits, except oat biscuits as these are better for us. Reducing bread drastically to 2 slices twice a week (weekend treat) and cutting processed sugar to a minimum. Eating more fruit and veg and lean protein and changing the way I make meals up to allow for this. Swapping some bad carbs for better ones and making better choices in general. PLUS sticking to my daily allowance of 1200 cals ONLY :huh:

I'd love to hear from anyone who would like to join me in a Turbo Jam group.

Feel free to tailor your diet to your own requirements.
As long as you are able to attempt 5 workouts per week for 6 weeks in a row, any Turbo Jam workout, then your in!!

Hope to hear from you soon :bigsmile:
All the best Mel :flowerforyou:

Replies

• torsaer
    torsaer Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi Mel
    I don't have a Turbo Jam dvd - where do you get it from?
    xx
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I got mine from ebay. I think you can get it online too.

:)
  • ashtonalayna
    Options
    I do Turbo Jam almost every morning along with Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30. I love Turbo Jam and only do the 20 min workout on days that I do Ripped in 30. If I don't do Ripped in 30 than I'll do the 45 min Turbo Jam. Good luck on your workouts, I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
  • melgibson
    Options
    I do Turbo Jam almost every morning along with Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30. I love Turbo Jam and only do the 20 min workout on days that I do Ripped in 30. If I don't do Ripped in 30 than I'll do the 45 min Turbo Jam. Good luck on your workouts, I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Thank you :bigsmile:
    I'm sure I will!!
  • fearie_jae
    fearie_jae Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I LOVE turbo jam.. i try to do the full 45 min workout at least 3 x's a week. like you im quite busy myself with a house full of boys plus I work FT... My bf is also in school so some nights hes not at home to help so i dont get to my workouts til 8:30-9 at night!!
  • melgibson
    Options
    I LOVE turbo jam.. i try to do the full 45 min workout at least 3 x's a week. like you im quite busy myself with a house full of boys plus I work FT... My bf is also in school so some nights hes not at home to help so i dont get to my workouts til 8:30-9 at night!!

Would you like to join us? xxx
  • fearie_jae
    fearie_jae Posts: 107 Member
    Options

sure!!! :smile:
  • melgibson
    Options

sure!!! :smile:

WICKED!!! THANK YOU!!! :bigsmile:
  • melgibson
    Options
    So I'm going to bump and see if anyone else wants to join me on a turbo jam challenge?!! All welcome xx :flowerforyou:
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I love TJ and do at least 1 video 6 days most weeks. The Booty Ab sculpt is my fav strength video. I'd love to join.
  • melgibson
    Options
    I love TJ and do at least 1 video 6 days most weeks. The Booty Ab sculpt is my fav strength video. I'd love to join.

YAY!! Thank you :bigsmile:
  • Micheetah
    Micheetah Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    How funny this came up, my mom just gave me a Turbo Jam DVD a couple weeks back and I never even opened it. While im waiting for my Ripped in 30 I pulled the DVD out to see what it as about last night. thats as far as I got. But I do want to add more cardio so if I can do along with RI30 then I think this will be just the type of activity I need. Especially since you ladies said it was fun. Isnt the search option wonderful. So how do I join the group?
  • melgibson
    Options
    How funny this came up, my mom just gave me a Turbo Jam DVD a couple weeks back and I never even opened it. While im waiting for my Ripped in 30 I pulled the DVD out to see what it as about last night. thats as far as I got. But I do want to add more cardio so if I can do along with RI30 then I think this will be just the type of activity I need. Especially since you ladies said it was fun. Isnt the search option wonderful. So how do I join the group?

Well you just joined!! Welcome aboard!!

We havent worked out when to start, asap hopefully.

Turbo jam is great fun, I'm struggling to make the effort to make time, I know a group challenge is just what I need.
    The only conditions to joining the group is that you attempt and aim for 5 turbojam sessions per week for 6 week, the equivalent of a month solid. even if you only do the 20 minute workout 5 x a week I think you'll see and feel and difference.

Thank you for joining us!! :flowerforyou:
  • ontheskinnyroad
    ontheskinnyroad Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I would like to join the group. I started doing TJ on Monday and I am walking about 2 miles at the park in the evening after work. I have a full schedule also with my baby, husband and work but I try to make time for me. Hope it's not too late and I wish everyone luck!!!
  • ericalynn82279
    ericalynn82279 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. I just busted out my turbo jam today! I havne't done it in years! I did cardio party and forgot how much i love it! I am a mommy to a one year old and work full time as a dental hygienist so I love having a workout I can do at home with a great calorie burn. Also love how fun it is! I will definitely be doing this more often! How do I join the group? Thanks!!
  • Lauratylet212012
    Lauratylet212012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yaaaay :D i do turbo jam every morning before i go to work and im thinking about buying turbo fire, would love to join the group a its something i really enjoy doing and i wanna motivte some people to get up and jam!! lol
  • melgibson
    Options
    Hello everyone :drinker:

So lovely to see some new people signed up!! YAY!!! Welcome on board everyone and thaank you so much for joining me!!!

How is everyone fixed to start NEXT MONDAY? Or are we ready to start sooner?
    Does anyone need to get their DVD?

I can't wait to get started, feel free to add me as a friend too and we can motivate each other, I have been doing my TJ dvd most morings and am enjoying it but still missing too many, I missed today, simply felt too tired to get up that hour early :sad:
    but hopefully with this group and logging in daily to report back to all of you I will find it easier to stick to.

Welcome everyone!!

Anyone who wants to join please sign up now!!! :wink:
  • torsaer
    torsaer Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I find early mornings too difficult too.... Today I did my workout at 3pm!! Just when I can fit it in. Are we jamming every day, mel? And mixing up the workouts?
    Here's to a turbo sculpted bod .....!!
  • melgibson
    Options
    Good morning everyone :happy:

I am happy to say I managed my turbojam 20 minute workout this morning, all be it a little less coordinated than usual!! My son decided to get up too and have an early breakfast whilst laughing at me doing my TJ!!!
    Then asked me questions throughout, which were hard to answer whilst still trying to keep up with the workout.
    I have to say though I always feel better for doing it and never seem to notice the amount of sleep I lose in doing it, I should remember this when dragging my *kitten* outta bed next time!!

I would love to start the challenge next monday, Please write in and let me know if everyone is ready to start.
    So Monday 26th March, for 6 weeks, 5 workouts a week Any turbo jam workout at all.

Can't wait to hear back from you all :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options

I just did Booty Sculpt this morning. I love most all the Turbo Jam workouts but the two live ones are my favorites.