NSV..... redneck style!

Options
Ok... so I work in a jewelry store.. everyday the UPS guy comes in to deliver whatever it is he is delivering on that particular day. Well I dont know HOW this guy got hired... I mean... think "swamp people" crossed with "moonshiners" and maybe a dash of "doomsday preppers" thrown in. I live in Boonville, Missouri.

Well he walks in today... hands me our stuff and as Im signing the little computer thingie I hear.. (in your head, say this in the most hillbilly accent you can muster) "Well now look atchya.... you lookin very mighty fiiiiiinneee.... you on one of them there diets?"

I SOOOO badly wanted to say "No, Im dying of AIDS...... heres your sign!" I probably would have handled it better if I wasnt in such a bad mood, but sheesh!

Replies

• natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    ROFL!!!! That is hilarious!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Honestly if he is as country as you say then he was complimenting you. He noticed, isn't that what matters?
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Thanks for making my night! I laughed so hard, I had to get my husband to read it too! Hope you have a better day tomorrow!
  • lisablueeyes
    lisablueeyes Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    LOL!!!:laugh:
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Honestly if he is as country as you say then he was complimenting you. He noticed, isn't that what matters?

I know he was complimenting me, I was just kinda crabby today.. I did thank him politely, and its nice that he noticed. It was just the way he asked that I was like "Wha?"
  • christy0623
    christy0623 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    That's so funny!!!!
  • cherigurl
    cherigurl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH OMG I needed that . thanks
  • aelarek
    aelarek Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    That is TOOOO funny. Made me giggle outloud!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    If anyone told me I was looking "mighty fine" I would be pleased:bigsmile: , provided they aren't wearing a hockey mask and holding a chain saw that is.:noway:
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I'd have cracked up right in front of him!!! or answer him back the same way!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    I'd pay money for a compliment like that right now!

My husband's idea of encouraging me is to tell me he started a pool at work and all the guys placed bets on how long I'd last before quitting this "diet thing". Then he added he already lost. :angry:
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options

This ^^^^^ Much better than my Kansas brother who said, eat somethin or get a belt!
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Too funny! My UPS driver (who is hot by the way) noticed my weight loss the other day!
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    lol

you're a better person than I am :devil:
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options

My husband's idea of encouraging me is to tell me he started a pool at work and all the guys placed bets on how long I'd last before quitting this "diet thing". Then he added he already lost. :angry:

Ohhhhhh so hubby is cut off until further notice right?
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options

OH WOW!! My MIL told my hubby that I wouldnt last 10 minutes on a diet, and in fact Id be even fatter by next XMAS... So 33lbs later I email her every now and then and tell her how much Ive lost :devil:
  • Kassielin13
    Kassielin13 Posts: 263
    Options
    Considering I live in a small redneck town as well, I would have just handled as usual, with a surprised look and a "thank you."
    I don't speak in "hillbilly" but most of the guys in our town do and that made it so much funnier.
    Thank you for the best laugh of the day.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options

This...I will take any compliment I can get:wink:
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome! Gotta love a redneck compliment...
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    LMAO!! Congrats :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!