whats the best recovery food???

Options
2»

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I love my chocolate milk after my workouts! Especially since I workout first thing early in the morning - I have that chocolate milk when I'm done, get my kid to school & then have breakfast when I get back.

how many ounces do you typically drink?
    About a cup - I used to measure out the 8oz, but use the same size glass every day, so I just eyeball it. I use skim milk and mix it with Ovaltine. :smile: Childhood memory! Mom always gave us Ovaltine!
  • PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I love my chocolate milk after my workouts! Especially since I workout first thing early in the morning - I have that chocolate milk when I'm done, get my kid to school & then have breakfast when I get back.

how many ounces do you typically drink?
    About a cup - I used to measure out the 8oz, but use the same size glass every day, so I just eyeball it. I use skim milk and mix it with Ovaltine. :smile: Childhood memory! Mom always gave us Ovaltine!

I also drink about a cup of the chocolate milk, but like AmyRhubarb said, I started to eyeball it after a while. I have a set of glasses that are almost exactly 8oz's so it works well! I actually buy the chocolate milk that comes in a gallon jug from Giant. (I don't mix my own.)