124 Ways Sugar Ruin Your Health

Options

Replies

• SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    This is really hard for me to admit, but I feel really safe among you people and know that you all love me implicitly and without judgement.

Sugar...sugar touched me in my naughty place.

*sob*

At first, I felt like it was my fault for eating the whole bag of jelly beans. But now, through a lot of therapy, I can finally say with certainty that I was manipulated, seduced and abused by sugar. God, it feels so good to say that!

I thought I was the only one until I found MFP, but now I see others on a daily basis struggling with the after-effects of sugar abuse.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE AND IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT!

We were, all of us, targeted by a sinister compound that sneaks in unawares and before you know it: it's in your mouth and then - your pants.

We're all here to support you. You don't have to be ashamed anymore.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    This is really hard for me to admit, but I feel really safe among you people and know that you all love me implicitly and without judgement.

Sugar...sugar touched me in my naughty place.

*sob*

At first, I felt like it was my fault for eating the whole bag of jelly beans. But now, through a lot of therapy, I can finally say with certainty that I was manipulated, seduced and abused by sugar. God, it feels so good to say that!

I thought I was the only one until I found MFP, but now I see others on a daily basis struggling with the after-effects of sugar abuse.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE AND IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT!

We were, all of us, targeted by a sinister compound that sneaks in unawares and before you know it: it's in your mouth and then - your pants.

We're all here to support you. You don't have to be ashamed anymore.

Oh please, you wanted it.

Why else would you dress like that?
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Sugar is good for my mental health. So are ponies. :flowerforyou:
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    But:
    #125 YOUR BODY DIE WITHOUT SUGAR.
  • Aphrodite3010
    Aphrodite3010 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I heard dihydrogen monoxide is worse than sugar: http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

LOVE IT! It's always a good joke, it was actually a final of mine in high school, to support the ban or not and why...
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Too long.
  • egiakatt
    egiakatt Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    big-cake394.jpg&sa=X&ei=OGVfT8HAAenu0gGKqa2mBw&ved=0CA4Q8wc4Jg&usg=AFQjCNEZgtBJd9NvASn-UWRMOygZ_eEvwg

I have been craving cupcakes, this did not help. :tongue:
  • delilah47
    Options
    116.In Intensive Care Units: Limiting sugar saves lives

This is the most incredibly out of context description of what we actually do.

That's why the FIRST thing they do is hook you up to a GLUCOSE drip!
    #116=BS
  • tinacrane
    tinacrane Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Not sure about this. Had a delicious piece of lemon cake yesterday and lost weight over night. Moderation me thinks :)
  • Crawflowr
    Crawflowr Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I heard dihydrogen monoxide is worse than sugar: http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

That's exactly what came to my mind when I read this :)
  • delilah47
    Options
    Elna Botes van Schalkwyk must have a big butt.
    I suspect that's where the 124 facts came from.
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    Funny the guy that did the twinkie diet and lost had low chlorestoral and no high blood pressure. Of course he exercised and maintained a specific calorie intake to lose with just twinkies.
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I just ate an apple... Apples contain sugar... I now have cancer.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    74.Sugar can cause an increase in delta, alpha, and theta brain waves

Another thing people on the Paleo diet make sure to avoid. Functioning brains.
  • vabrewer33
    vabrewer33 Posts: 185
    Options
    There are so many things wrong with this list I do not even know where to start...so I won't...I'll just say "wow..."
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Hello converted, let me preach to you.

:love:
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Whatever. Let's see a study that supports every one of those claims.

I agree.

And dang, here I thought it was heredity that led to my myopia as nearly every single family member of mind is either near-sighted or has an astigmatism... Sugar is just like everything else... it can be a catalyst for something in someone, but not always and not in everyone... just like not all smokers get lung cancer or emphysema.
  • twisted88
    twisted88 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I seriously doubt the validity of those "facts" the OP copied and pasted. Too many "cause" statements... Even if there was a correlation between sugar and all of those "facts", correlation is not causation.