does crystal lite count as your water intake???????????

2»

Replies

• naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Maybe I am wrong about this but the reason to drink water (at least for me) is to kind of flush out your body. If you are adding other things to water, isn't that kind of defeating the purpose. They say drink 6-8 glasses of water per day not 6-8 glasses of liquids.
  • andreame
    andreame Posts: 11
    :drinker: That's awesome!!
    My brother, a truck driver, put it this way... "How long can you live without water? If coffee and beer don't count as water, then I would have been dead years ago."

Now, he probably isn't making the healthiest choices (and he isn't drinking beer while driving). But, all fluid counts toward hydration.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    I do not count crystal light as water intake I usually will add little lemon to my water.
  • Jill42MN
    Jill42MN Posts: 35
    I do count my flavore adding to my water as water. For me it is the only way I will get the water in - without the little pkg's, I would not be able to get in the amount I drink. I was told that the amount to drink is half your weight - so I drink about 100 oz daily. It has been working for me. I also asked my friend who is a Doctor and she said that it is still water with the added stuff to it and it does the same thing.
    Who knows the true answer, I guess it is all a personal choice?? Whatever works for you!
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Weight Watchers counts it as water.
This discussion has been closed.