chupla
chupla Posts: 8 Member
anyone else on week 2 ? my shins are killing me

Edit {T_T i spelled her name wrong whoops }

Replies

• angielautenbach
    angielautenbach Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am day 3 of level 2. My shins are killiing me as well. Took Saturday off in hopes it would be good to rest but no Sunday they still hurt like I never took a brake. Wonder if its normal. I am just going to stick with it and suck it up cause I have already seen results. Maybe there are extra sretches we can do before to help????
  • RianneMulder
    Options
    I've always been told that working out for days in a row is not good for your body. Your muscles have no chance to heal.
    Oh, and you know what they say, muscle soreness is always worst on the second day!
  • Zsangel
    Zsangel Posts: 202
    Options
    Just finished level 1, starting level 2 tomorrow =D
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    my arms were aching really bad after level 1 for a few days, i started taking some protein shake and it made all the difference
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 day shred august last year. I completed level 1 10 days in a row with no rest days.. First few days were a killer, I was aching from top to bottom, I was walking a bit strange. :laugh: But that eased off on like day 6, and then level 2 arrived on the 11th day, Then i was back in aching mode again! Level 2 is a much harder workout than Level 1, I got to day 2 of level 2 and was really exhausted after the first few mins! Soo i gave up! I didnt see any changes in my body from completeing level 1, I think you will have to complete all 3 levels to see a difference!!

Why dont you give it a go, and see how it goes? You might find that you enjoy it!

Although, I wouldnt do it in the gym! Do it in the comfort of your own home :smile:
  • sarahlauren18
    sarahlauren18 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    My shins killed as well.. I believe I had shin splints so I really strecthed out and iced them. That seemed to help.
  • ednabnana
    ednabnana Posts: 304
    Options
    I am on Day 8 today.

YES! I noticed that I have shin splints. I have runner shoes with an orthopedic recommended insoles. I do not get shin splints from running outside or on the treadmill at my gym or hiking vigorously. Yet I noticed that I've been nursing this shin splint since day 2 of 30-D Shred.
  • serenetranquility
    serenetranquility Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Yes! On day 4 of level 2 and my shins ache and my ankles are actually a teeny bit bothersome. I feel it more in my wrists too. I'm just being careful and pushing on :) The first few days of level one were bad but I pushed through and it went away and I felt great. I'm sure it will be the same with this.
  • britexmom
    britexmom Posts: 145
    Options
    i am having a terrible time with my knees, i did level 1 in 2 sets of 5 days with a break inbetween (had all the muscle aches that everyone has)...moved onto level 2 and after 2 days (with a break inbetween) i went back to level 1 . i did a search on here for aching knees with 30DS and found some modifications that i am using but still on level 1. i have been getting results so i am sticking with level 1 for a bit longer and then i will try level 2 again when my knees are good again.
  • ednabnana
    ednabnana Posts: 304
    Options
    Maybe we are using the wrong shoes? :tongue:
  • Sb65513n
    Sb65513n Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm level 2 just did day 2 this morning. I was okay during level 1 but level 2 is killing me. I'm doin a combo and following Anita and Natalie for some moves. I can usually keep up with Natalie but the planking! Omg. It kills me. I'm so tired and scared I level 3.
  • Sb65513n
    Sb65513n Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Maybe we are using the wrong shoes? :tongue:
    I do it barefoot. Minus running I always workout barefoot.
  • maralou09
    maralou09 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just finished level 1 too! I am scared to try Level 2.
  • silvafan
    silvafan Posts: 147
    Options
    When I did 30 DS my shins were ok, but my arches always cramped... Lol, I had to do it with no shoes, which helped a little. Good Luck :-)
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    i just finished day 2...lol after a week break because I was too sore to continue...thats what I get for just running for a year with no strength training. Thighs are killing me but I will shoulder through.
  • westcoastredhead
    Options
    I'm exactly half way through... yesterday was day 15...so day 5 of level 2. I have been able so far to go every day, but yesterday came and I just couldnt do it ( I am doing the shred in the evenings on top of my regular gym work outs during the day ) I think I just burned myself out... but I am back at it today and will keep it up for the last half. I havent noticed any issues with my shins or knees? I actually grew to really hate Level 1 for some reason, I prefer Level 2 so far out of both. I am noticing results, I took before pics, and I also took pics on day 12, but didnt notice too much of a difference at that point, but I can 'feel' a difference, so I know its working.
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    my arches give me a little problem when i'm working out, i try to place my feet a little different but oh my knees. hoping this gets better with the more i work at it. I do mostly the skinny blond gal work out. all but the sit ups i try the harder ones oh and the plank jumping jacks...
  • jenguhl
    jenguhl Posts: 79
    Options
    I just ordered the DVD, now I'm getting scared!
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly half way through... yesterday was day 15...so day 5 of level 2. I have been able so far to go every day, but yesterday came and I just couldnt do it ( I am doing the shred in the evenings on top of my regular gym work outs during the day ) I think I just burned myself out... but I am back at it today and will keep it up for the last half. I havent noticed any issues with my shins or knees? I actually grew to really hate Level 1 for some reason, I prefer Level 2 so far out of both. I am noticing results, I took before pics, and I also took pics on day 12, but didnt notice too much of a difference at that point, but I can 'feel' a difference, so I know its working.

oh i did not like level one because of all those jumping jacks.... so level 2 is better for me:0
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of Level 1. I've had to make some modifications and I am only using 2 lb weights. I had no idea I was so out of shape. I POUR sweat like I just ran from a pack of wild dogs!!

I am suppose to finish the 30-day shred 1 day before my spring break trip to Hawaii!!! I CAN DO THIS!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!