Jullian micheals 30 day shred

Options

Replies

• pinkydoodles
    pinkydoodles Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i have just done day 3 of level 2. i also do it barefoot, as in the house never thought to put shoes on.

my arms are killing me. i want to get to day 16 as then less to go then what have done already. ;)
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    i am having a terrible time with my knees, i did level 1 in 2 sets of 5 days with a break inbetween (had all the muscle aches that everyone has)...moved onto level 2 and after 2 days (with a break inbetween) i went back to level 1 . i did a search on here for aching knees with 30DS and found some modifications that i am using but still on level 1. i have been getting results so i am sticking with level 1 for a bit longer and then i will try level 2 again when my knees are good again.

I also had a rough time with my knees. I did modified moves for a lot of leg & jumping stuff. I upped my weights as my arms were getting stronger, but I wasn't able to advance up levels very quickly. Probably you should check with a doctor, but what I did was to do the shred no more than 3x a week, and do one or 2 counts advanced, then the rest of the counts modified. Every couple workouts I would add another 1-2 counts advanced until I could do it advanced for the whole set. Even though I felt like I could push it harder with my muscles, I knew my joints couldn't handle it, so I went very slow. As my muscles strength increased, my joints were able to handle more. I am now up to level 3, and I can do that about 75% advanced with 5 lb weights (Jump lunges are from hell. just sayin)

Also, to the people with shin splints, you probably need better foot support. I would say slow down and heal, don't push through this. From wikipedia:

"Increasing activity, intensity, and duration too quickly leads to shin splints because the tendons and muscles are unable to absorb the impact of the shock force as they become fatigued . . . Females are 1.5 to 3.5 times more likely to progress to stress fractures from shin splints . . . Rest is the best way to treat shin splints as this gives the shins the full time necessary to heal . . . Patients may be advised to decrease the duration or intensity of their exercise and then build it up slowly, as well as to exercise caution on high impact surfaces, until the muscles re-condition. Specially fitted footwear or an orthotic may be used to prevent a reoccurrence of shin splints."

As you can see this is a very different problem than just "sore muscles" from being overworked
  • MorissaW
    MorissaW Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My shins hurt as well. I am on day L2D3. I tried to engage my abs more today when I was doing anything that involved jumping. It seemed to help.
    I think the stress of the pendulum lunge are killing my shins as well though!
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I've heard the same thing. I actually just met with my uncle who owns a fitness center here in Sacramento and has been a personal trainer/Body builder for the past 15 years. He told me you need to rest your muscles and work out every other day. But hey, if the program is working then great!
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    Y'all are scaring my poor shins! :sad:
  • westcoastredhead
    Options
    I'm exactly half way through... yesterday was day 15...so day 5 of level 2. I have been able so far to go every day, but yesterday came and I just couldnt do it ( I am doing the shred in the evenings on top of my regular gym work outs during the day ) I think I just burned myself out... but I am back at it today and will keep it up for the last half. I havent noticed any issues with my shins or knees? I actually grew to really hate Level 1 for some reason, I prefer Level 2 so far out of both. I am noticing results, I took before pics, and I also took pics on day 12, but didnt notice too much of a difference at that point, but I can 'feel' a difference, so I know its working.

oh i did not like level one because of all those jumping jacks.... so level 2 is better for me:0

LOL! I hate jumping jacks too! That must be why I like level 2 better!

I can't even think what would be causing people's shins to hurt?
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    anyone else on week 2 ? my shins are killing me

Edit {T_T i spelled her name wrong whoops }

Well im sure thats how she spelled her name before the "operation"
  • madisons_mummy
    madisons_mummy Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I've just finished day 3 level 2. I hate level 2 lol. I hate circuit 2's cardio. I just about bloody die from not being able to breath lol. I've had no knee or shin problems but doing the walking out push up thing my hands hurt :S Feels like I lean on a pressure point
  • Elibasia
    Elibasia Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    anyone else on week 2 ? my shins are killing me

Edit {T_T i spelled her name wrong whoops }

Well im sure thats how she spelled her name before the "operation"
    :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • patticarbjunkie
    patticarbjunkie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    just finished phase two of TDS.........oh my that was hard!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Completed day 4 of level one today. Sore first three days. Much better now. My plan is to do each level for 10days. I feel leaner but, I have noticed I am much hungrier all day long. I am drinking a lot of h20 and trying to maintain my caloric goal.

Is anybody else hungrier?
  • maieranne77
    maieranne77 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    If you knees are hurting make sure when you are doing squats/lunges that your knees don't pass your toes. Really stick that bootie out like your sitting in a chair. I was getting really sore knees until I figured out my form was wrong and it made all the difference.
  • crobertson87
    crobertson87 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Im on day 3 of level 2, and its not so much my shins killing me as my shoulders, back, and arms! I have found though, on a happy note, that I can sink down into a total squat while I work out and keep moving for almost the entire 30 seconds of each cardio set! Hopefully, by the end of level 2 I can stay in a plank position and do the full motion as well!
  • natashaaevans
    natashaaevans Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    shin splints, sore knees, ankles etc - that kind of pain is not the good kind you're meant to get from exercise. I got really sore knees on Level 2 but the pain ceased when I started doing Level 3 and only doing it 3 times a week. On my rest days I'm walking (up and down hills at a brisk pace) for an hour. I'm all for quick results, but not at the expense of your joints. Listen to your body and if an exercise is really hurting your joints (different to exhaustion or pushing yourself to almost muscle failure which really gets results, joint pain is sharp and nasty, muscle soreness is just a dull ache in the days following), change it or do it less frequently, but doin't give up. My advice would be to move on to level 3 where there isn't as much of that kind of impact).
  • sian_1989
    sian_1989 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Completed day 4 of level one today. Sore first three days. Much better now. My plan is to do each level for 10days. I feel leaner but, I have noticed I am much hungrier all day long. I am drinking a lot of h20 and trying to maintain my caloric goal.

Is anybody else hungrier?

I've just finished my 3rd day and I ache sooo much! You've given me a little hope saying that your 4th day is better =D
    I'm so much hungrier after doing this, literally starving all day. I've been drinking a lot more water too, hoping it will fill me up rather than eating.
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Yeah, rest up if you're hurting your knees/ankles/shins because that sort of pain can become injury and go chronic. I am not a fan of star jumps, but it is very important to wear good shoes while doing it, and to concentrate on landing softly. I know it's not a very shred-tastic idea, but do the jumping parts slowly and in a mirror until your are confident that your form has improved.
  • LJSNOW8
    LJSNOW8 Posts: 1
    Options
    I've done the 30DS before - but only as a replacement when I couldn't get another workout in. This is my first time doing all 30 days in a row in addition to the exercise I normally do. I'm on day 5 now.

Level one was really easy for me - but I did it the first three days to ease into it. Yesterday I started level two which in someways was okay but in others was much harder (mostly the plank and the plank jacks) - So I guess my question is this - What do you do to modify these workouts? I want to use level one as my "off" day work out- so should I just use heavier weights? I can't even feel the chest fly at all with the 5lbs i've been using. For level 2 - I just take a one rep break every 5 or 7 reps on the strength exercises i struggle with..

I'd love to hear what weights you use and how you modify so you get the most out of each workout.
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 19 out of the whole 30 days and i'm on level 3 :) can't get enough! I take saturdays and sundays off to avoid doing myself any serious damage (came close to causing myself a serious injury after doing it every day for a whole week when i first started) again.
  • todaystuesday
    todaystuesday Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Has anyone had their shoulders or neck hurt. I am on D6L2 and I had to drop the weights after D2L2 because of my shoulder. Same thing that someone else said, I am all for results, but I don't want to injure myself long term.
  • eyestylemom
    eyestylemom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is my last day of Lvl 1. I am excited to finally start level 2 because I wanna do something new. I have always started 30Ds and stopped after 5 days because i was bored. BUT, this time I have made myself complete level 1. Only 21 more days to go. I am noticing some body changes, so here is hoping that by the end I can have some difference in the measurements.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!