Men who actually workout legs

Options
Phrak
Phrak Posts: 353 Member
How on earth do you find jeans to fit? Ive been wanting to buy a really nice pair of jeans, something like True Religions. But i could not fit my legs and *kitten* into a 42in waist. My actually waist size is 34.... The only jeans that I can wear are 40$ specials with stretch material in them.

What do other guys that workout legs do for jeans?

Replies

• Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    That is bananas... My legs are still small. I hope I never have that problem. But my relax fit jeans are starting to get tight in the quad area.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    My bf works out his legs, but his legs are pretty average sized I guess. He wears Polo jeans for the most part and they fit him pretty well. True Religions are cut REALLY slim for both men and women, unfortunately. Try Seven for All Mankind, I have a lot of guy friends who wear those.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Its hard when more and more jeans are being made because guys want to look like one of those characters from the vampire shows.

Polo makes some jeans with a good amount of thigh room. But I've pretty much accepted the fact that all my jeans are going to be a little big in the waist.

Don't even get me started on suit and dress shirt sizes.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Its hard when more and more jeans are being made because guys want to look like one of those characters from the vampire shows.

Polo makes some jeans with a good amount of thigh room. But I've pretty much accepted the fact that all my jeans are going to be a little big in the waist.

Don't even get me started on suit and dress shirt sizes.

My bf's jeans are always a little big in the waist too (he wears Polo). He has to wear a belt any time he wears jeans, just kinda comes with the territory. Oh I know what you mean about the dress shirts, I tried to buy him a nice shirt and he's not some big dude, like he's pretty average sized, but it was cut way too slim for him. Weird.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    ::Points and laughs:: HA! HA!

Welcome to our world. Buy pants that fit the biggest part of you and have them tailored.
  • Phrak
    Options
    Was actually very demoralizing going shopping this past weekend. I mean im 6'3 about 275lb. Which is still pretty lanky compared to your average body builder. I could not get my forearms into a XXL shirt. Forever destined to sweats and t-shirts!

Thing is, it be alright i guess if i planned on getting smaller. But I dont.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    How on earth do you find jeans to fit? Ive been wanting to buy a really nice pair of jeans, something like True Religions. But i could not fit my legs and *kitten* into a 42in waist. My actually waist size is 34.... The only jeans that I can wear are 40$ specials with stretch material in them.

My legs are not THAT big but I am having the same problem. I can only wear American Eagles. Old Navy is just too tight. H&M nope. I mean I can go Sean John but yeah.... no.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry, man... women deal with this all the time - clothes shopping can be very demoralizing! Like Rae mentioned, we have to buy clothes that fit our largest parts and tailor them down.

The bonus is that if you've got a killer body, and you spend the time and energy to do this, you will look ten times hotter than anyone else your size/build. You know, if you're in to that sort of thing.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    ::Points and laughs:: HA! HA!

Welcome to our world. Buy pants that fit the biggest part of you and have them tailored.

LOL

This :) I have a small waist and good birthing hips :)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

you may try www.kingsizedirect.com clothes for tall and big guys. they are mostly non-brand no name clothes but carry jeans that are fuller cut for bigger guys.
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Was actually very demoralizing going shopping this past weekend. I mean im 6'3 about 275lb. Which is still pretty lanky compared to your average body builder. I could not get my forearms into a XXL shirt. Forever destined to sweats and t-shirts!

sorry bro, but at 6'3, 275 i find it hard to believe you have a 34" waist.

<--- 34" waist (6'2, 215)
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I'm a cardio bunny so this doesn't apply to me. I do have Pl'er friends who have to buy jeans to fit their thighs and cinch it in with a belt or have them tailored.
  • Phrak
    Options

34 inch waist pant (fromTtommy Hilfiger Outlet) fits fine. I had my mom add some denim to the inside legs of my pants on several occasions. I would however not let her touch a 350$ pair of jeans.
  • nutandbutter
    Options
    From a woman's pov, thank you for working your legs. Hate when guys have huge upper bodies and chicken legs.
  • HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I just use denim coloured paint!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options

34 inch waist pant (fromTtommy Hilfiger Outlet) fits fine. I had my mom add some denim to the inside legs of my pants on several occasions. I would however not let her touch a 350$ pair of jeans.

You bought jeans that cost $350? :noway:
    I spent $50 on Levis and grumbled about it the whole way home.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I 3rd finding a good tailor. Probably the only way to not have to be holding up the jeans with a belt.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options

It's really difficult and you may have to spend some extra money unfortunately.

Jean: I can't wear slim jeans and can only wear certain classic / modern fit cuts. I hate loose fit so I'm stuck with finding the right classic fit.

Slacks: I have a 35" - 36" waist and this is tricky. Double-pleated pants are okay but I don't really like baggy pants so I tend to not buy these anymore. Flat-front slacks are my favorite but I have to buy them at 38" and have the waist tailored down. This can be frustrating because the tailor always wants to bring in the crotch and I want him to leave it where it's at, so I end-up having to get my pants re-done 2 to 3 times each time. LOL
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options

Denim has gold fibers interwoven. Only possible explanation
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options

I can't spend more than 17$ without *****in