Men who actually workout legs

Options

Replies

• 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I workout my legs all week, no problems. I COULD wear skinny jeans, but i'm a man.
    Have you looked at relaxed fit?

And I was just ******n to my wife this weekend about everyone making guys clothes that look like teenage girls clothes. I don't want to dress in skinny jeans and vnecks.

And for this, gentlemen, we thank you.

I saw a guy out the other day wearing jeans that were super-tight in the thigh. It looked completely ridiculous... but I have a hunch he thought otherwise. I'm on the side of tailoring. When you get pants tailored to fit your body, you're going to look better than most people who just wear off-the-rack.
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Just to clairfy i havent bought them yet, but yes where i live TR jeans go from 350-400$ a pair. It was just a reward for hitting some weightlifting goals i had.

I guess ill have to look into a tailor ahah, like i said i plan on get bigger so its probably best to make good friends with one anyway.
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    True Religions are only good if you wear your shirts untucked and you let your jeans sag - this is coming from somebody with 4 pairs in his closet. They also run a bit big in my experience - a Seven 34 fits like a True Religion 32.

If you want a quality pair of premium denim with a more normal cut, try Citizens For Humanity (or Seven For All Mankind, for that matter). They make relaxed fit, which is good for those of us with thunder thighs!

One last thing to remember - jeans stretch out. If they are somewhat loose in the dressing room, they will only get looser as time goes on. They might be a little tight in the beginning, but don't worry, you won't rip them!

I couldnt sit down in them, i just had to fall back onto the seat. Quite a commical situation.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I don't know why men don't workout legs, maybe because it's harder than doing upper body?

I thought i was excessive for spending $70 on a pair of jeans and getting the second for $35. LOL. I can't do Levis, they don't fit me right and they're just not as comfortable. The last time I went shopping for jeans I tried to put on a pair of Slim (not Skinny) and they looked like friggin spandex on me, it was hilarious. Although I almost needed a pair of scissors to get out of them. LOL
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    ::Points and laughs:: HA! HA!

Welcome to our world. Buy pants that fit the biggest part of you and have them tailored.

LOL

This :) I have a small waist and good birthing hips :)

true story- american fashion isnt built for muscles :P

You wanted curves!!! hahahahaha Polo and Eddie Bauer are the only ones I know that make room for real man thighs.
  • fieldsy4life
    Options
    My ex-gf was a size 2-4 and couldn't wear True's either - they just don't fit everyone.

When I wear mine, they do sag a lot, which makes me look like I'm from California; which is fine if I was in California, but I look questionable in Boston ;)
  • bugsymalone521
    Options
    "I workout my legs all week, no problems. I COULD wear skinny jeans, but i'm a man. "

LOL I couldn't agree more with this.

I work out my legs regularly and tend to stick with relaxed fit jeans with no problems. No skinny jeans here. Even if I wanted to go there, which I don't, my wife would shoot me. :)
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    I almost NEVER see guys at my gym doing legs. I've never really thought about that before. Why don't most guys do that?

For the same reason you don't see many women lifting upper body heavy, and doing nonstop cardio. They want to work their "problem areas" and never focus on their true weaknesses. Anyone who ONLY lifts is usually afraid of getting small, anyone who ONLY does cardio is afraid of getting fat.

It's really ironic when if those folks just had a decent balance of both and their diet was on key they could be muscular AND lean.

Well said!
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on not training like a bro. I have a feeling these might help.

2na4tcm.jpg

Would have been a lot funnier if I could get the pic to show up :(
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I wear a size up in jeans to fit my thighs. 30" waist and 32" jeans.

Curious what the measurements of your thighs are with a 34" waist though.
  • trinitrate
    trinitrate Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on not training like a bro. I have a feeling these might help.

2na4tcm.jpg

Would have been a lot funnier if I could get the pic to show up :(

Thats awesome... This should fix the pic...

2na4tcm.jpg
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    I've always had this issue and it has gotten worse with the advent of "Skinny" jeans...

However, here are some jeans that fit well (and don't cost $350):

Levi's Silvertab loose or baggy
    Gap relaxed fit
    Mens Claiborne
    Joseph Aboud

The silvertab baggy are the largest in the thighs of the group and they are HARD to find. Macy's gets them sometimes, but I usually have to order them. The gap relaxed are probably next.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    ::Points and laughs:: HA! HA!

Welcome to our world. Buy pants that fit the biggest part of you and have them tailored.

This. :laugh: Most jeans that fit my thighs and *kitten* look like a funnel around my waist. Unless I buy really low-rise jeans, and then I have to deal with plumber's crack or whale tail.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I almost NEVER see guys at my gym doing legs. I've never really thought about that before. Why don't most guys do that?

Dude seriously, I can't deal with the guys with the chicken legs either, it just looks weird! It stresses me out when a guy is all out of proportion!

And now I feel a little better (or maybe a little worse?) about spending the money I do on jeans...trust me, I've tried less expensive brands but the ones that fit me the best are Seven for All Mankind and Citizen's. I'd rather spend the money on jeans that really fit well than spend a fortune getting cheaper jeans tailored!
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I am ALL for teens wearing those skinny jeans,... in fact...the tighter..the better...

maybe we don't have to worry about them breeding..
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options

Dude seriously, I can't deal with the guys with the chicken legs either, it just looks weird! It stresses me out when a guy is all out of proportion!

2ebes0l.jpg

Dem chicken legs.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    If you're spending that kind of money on a piece of clothing, get it tailored. I'd never drop that much on jeans since I wear jeans hard, but I get all of my suits tailored. It's just better when it fits right.
  • billtonkin
    billtonkin Posts: 109
    Options
    Was actually very demoralizing going shopping this past weekend. I mean im 6'3 about 275lb. Which is still pretty lanky compared to your average body builder. I could not get my forearms into a XXL shirt. Forever destined to sweats and t-shirts!

Thing is, it be alright i guess if i planned on getting smaller. But I dont.

sorry bro, but at 6'3, 275 i find it hard to believe you have a 34" waist.

<--- 34" waist (6'2, 215)

Wait, are you saying it's impossible for someone that size to have a 34" waist? What about someone 6'5", 285 lbs.? I don't know, like this guy...

http://fullspike.com/bodybuilding/bodybuilders/lou-ferrigno.asp
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    If you're spending that kind of money on a piece of clothing, get it tailored. I'd never drop that much on jeans since I wear jeans hard, but I get all of my suits tailored. It's just better when it fits right.

Not sure if you like their style or not but Men's Warehouse has a nice brand of men's jeans called Blue. I believe they're made by Kenneth Cole (maybe...). Anyway, Men's Warehouse tailors everything in their store for you and future adjustments (hems, take-in/out) are free. I'm not sure if it applies to jeans, it does slacks, but it might be worth checking into.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    How on earth do you find jeans to fit? Ive been wanting to buy a really nice pair of jeans, something like True Religions. But i could not fit my legs and *kitten* into a 42in waist. My actually waist size is 34.... The only jeans that I can wear are 40$ specials with stretch material in them.

What do other guys that workout legs do for jeans?

I'm going to pretend you didn't refer to TR as a "nice pair of jeans"