Your new favorite veggie or veggie dish???

Options
I have never been a big veggie eater and have not tried many different ones since I started my weight loss.

I want to know what new veggies you have tried and love now?
any recipes that you love?

Thanks for the help!!!

Replies

• PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Roasted Asparagus is the one veggie I was never fond of, but love it now.

I put the Asparagus in a roasting pan, drizzle with coconut oil, sprinkle sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper and throw it in the oven for a bit until it starts to brown..........
  • EllaScarlet
    EllaScarlet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Veggie mousakka! This is a good recipe:

http://www.food.com/recipe/low-fat-vegetarian-moussaka-240894

I used lentils instead of chickpeas and it was yummy :)
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
  • AmandaBroun
    AmandaBroun Posts: 126
    Options
    I like just about anything roasted. Toss in olive oil with some salt and pepper and roast at 400 until bits start to brown. Broccoli is especially good - I'd never thought to roast it until it was a middle step in a broccoli soup recipe I made last year. I was a little sad to blend it up!

I also really like sauteed spinach with garlic and tomatoes.
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I love roasted brussel sprouts--with Extra virgin olive oil, black pepper, sea salt and garlic-YUM

I'm pretty good about eating my veggies but the next ones on my list to try are Kale, and bok choy
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Sauteed zucchini, squash, and onion with garlic powder, olive oil, salt and pepper. :love:
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I love roasted brussel sprouts--with Extra virgin olive oil, black pepper, sea salt and garlic-YUM

I'm pretty good about eating my veggies but the next ones on my list to try are Kale, and bok choy

Bok Choy is yummy - I bet you've had it and just don't know it. Lots of chinese dishes use bok choy.

Not a fan of brussel sprouts ..... perhaps I need to try them roasted.

Parsnips! Haven't had these in awhile ..... (note to self) buy parsnips.
  • patty1138
    patty1138 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    anything roasted.. OBSESSED with brussels sprouts with pancetta and shallots.. YUMM!! I like adding bean sprouts to pasta because it gives it some added texture i love :)
  • AgnesMangles
    AgnesMangles Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    steamed broccoli with lemon juice and red pepper flakes
    roasted cauliflower with paprika
    kale with garlic, lemon juice and pepper
    grilled zucchini
  • shanahtehya
    shanahtehya Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    thanks... keep the ideas coming!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Roasted veggies of any kind - asparagus, cauliflower, broccoli

I just drizzle some EVOO on them and sprinkle them with a little bit of kosher salt and it's delicious!!!

Oh also very into eggplant now too. I never thought I would like it but I do!!
  • epursey
    epursey Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've got Eggplant "parmesan" with Feta in the crock pot right now!
  • shanahtehya
    shanahtehya Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've got Eggplant "parmesan" with Feta in the crock pot right now!

that sounds good.... I do like eggplant... to bad my husband and daughter wont eat it.
  • hackett1171
    Options

We eat Kale ALL the time....its so good! I sauté with coconut oil and onions and in a separate tiny pot I cook down balsamic vinegar, which will turn syrup like and have a sweeter flavor! Even my kids eat the kale with the reduced vinegar. Sometimes we use just kosher salt and grated cheese.... yummy

My next adventure is to make Kale chips, but I want to use fresh Kale not prepackaged
  • SlenderSuze
    SlenderSuze Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Curried cauliflower. Lightly steam the cauliflower and set aside. Saute chopped onions and fresh ginger. Add curry powder to taste and cook for a minute or two. Add the cauliflower and some raisins. Deelish!
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I love plain carrots and hummus :)
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    spagetti squash - omg wow, yummy!!

ETA: I love all veggies
  • mjsamee
    mjsamee Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Sauteed zucchini, squash, and onion with garlic powder, olive oil, salt and pepper. :love:

yep yep yep! :)
  • epursey
    epursey Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My DH and boys don't either :/ So I am making it for my lunches. There are lots of things I love that the family won't eat but I must have my eggplant and mushrooms! I love the freezer ;)