Your new favorite veggie or veggie dish???

Options

Replies

• TiffanyDawn79
    TiffanyDawn79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Baked broccoli with lemon, garlic, and a bit of parmesan cheese
  • Carita79
    Carita79 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    mmm kale with garlic and soy..or spinach with anything! i love it in eggs whites :) or on sandwiches..have fun and enjoy your veggies!
  • remembertheharddrive
    remembertheharddrive Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Okra! I learned how to make Bhindi Masala and I'm hooked. I'd never had okra before! It's so healthy too with just spices and a little oil.
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I have never been a vegetable eater (other than green beans) up until January of this year. My favorite is eggplant - the eggplant parmesan II from allrecipes is awesome; I use half the bread crumbs, bake it for 7 minutes each side (I first do the sweating process on the eggplant); I use a mixture of 2% and fat free mozzarella with 1/4 cup of real mozzarella. It's fantastic (I actually gave it away to three different people last time I made it). My other new-found item is herbed spaghetti squash. It's like "free food"!
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    raw baby or crinkle cut carrots and hummus

EDIT
    If I don't have hummus a dollop of Scorned Woman hot sauce. . .
  • jmaffett
    jmaffett Posts: 68
    Options
    Sauteed Brussel Sprouts. I wouldn't touch them until someone told me to make them this way.

I slice them up thin (like cole slaw), then drizzle about 2 tsp of olive oil in a pan. Cook them up with some sea salt & pepper until they are brown at the edges.

SO GOOD!!! The house smells bad, but the sauteeing makes them taste a bit sweet.

Also love roasted asparagus and I never thought I'd like that.
  • winonajosephine
    winonajosephine Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    im loving all these ideas!!! I make a kale and linguica soup with potatoes, onions and red pepper - my family LOVES it! Parmesean eggplant is something i've always wanted to try! :drinker:
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Green beans used to be my favorite, now it's spinach. I love to sauté it with mushrooms and garlic.
    I used to hate all peppers. Now I love red & yellow peppers. Still hate the green ones though.
  • WhatDoesLisa
    Options
    Cauliflower! I parboil some cauliflower and then throw it in the oven with chopped garlic, salt & pepper, lemon juice, lemon zest, chopped black olives and a little bit of feta (parmesan works too). It is really good with roasted garlic too if you have time to make that beforehand and use it. You can omit the salt if you need to. I could eat this everyday.
  • epursey
    epursey Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    im loving all these ideas!!! I make a kale and linguica soup with potatoes, onions and red pepper - my family LOVES it! Parmesean eggplant is something i've always wanted to try! :drinker:

That soup sound good!

Eggplant Parmesan is very versatile and pretty easy. You can add meat or not, change the cheese, add other veggies, whatever you want :) This is my first attempt in the crock pot though. . . we'll see how it turns out.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    roasted brussel sprouts or broccoli, kale "chips," baby carrots and hummus, fruit and spinach salads, spinach and tomato omelet, edamame...hmm apparently I'm a pretty big fan of green veggies lol
  • khbutterfly
    khbutterfly Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've got Eggplant "parmesan" with Feta in the crock pot right now!
    Please post this recipe - I've been wanting to try eggplant and your ingredients sound yummy!
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing is roasted cauliflower! I used to hate cauliflower as a child/young adult and now I love it.

One head of organic cauliflower trimmed and cut into pieces
    Olive oil or black truffle oil
    Sea salt or any corse salt
    Pepper
    Garlic (peeled whole cloves or chopped)
    Carrots, peeled and roughly chopped)
    Parmesan cheese or Veggie cheese (I use soy sprinkles)

Preheat over to 400
    Line baking sheet with foil
    Spray baking sheet with Pam
    Lightly coat cauliflower, carrots, and garlic in olive oil (keep track of how much you are using and use sparingly, you don't need a whole lot!)
    Roast for 15 minutes or until veggies are soft and brown
    Sprinkle with salt, pepper and cheese to taste

My favorite lunch which I had today also has a lot of veggies:

Whole wheat tortilla
    2 Tbsp Hummus
    Carrot sticks (thin strips)
    Pepper strips (thin strips)
    Lettuce
    a few onion pieces
    black olives
    1/4 avacado with sea salt

Put all those items in a tortilla and it is really good. Approx 250 - 300 calories depending on your tortilla, hummus and avacado!
  • Snapplejac
    Snapplejac Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato pie - thin layer of sweet potatoes on the bottom of the dish, then a heap of spinach, then sprinkle feta all over it. Pour over some creme fraiche with garlic in before adding the final layer of sweet potato. Cook for about 40ish minutes :)

Also, slices of grilled aubergine topped with tomatoes and mozarella. It's like a healthy pizza slice :)
  • josephine_x
    josephine_x Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Bump! This is making me hungry!!!
  • mdh1127
    mdh1127 Posts: 93
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas! I love veggies and I am excited to try out some new ideas.
  • newve
    newve Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Bump! This is making me hungry!!!

Me too!

This is a great post.
  • Connie1979
    Connie1979 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Sauteed zucchini, squash, and onion with garlic powder, olive oil, salt and pepper. :love:

Oh that sounds yummy!!
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I like beets after I discovered I can make desserts with them. I used to hate beets!
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I love zuccini either sauted or grilled. Just season it with a little Mrs. Dash. So yummy. Also love cucumbers and tomatoes cut up with vinegar, green onions, dill weed and salt and pepper. Very low cal low carb and super good.