Do you love your body currently?

Options

Replies

• tinydancer24
    Options
    I totally love my body. I am in the best shape that I have ever been in my entire life!
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Not happy with my body currently.
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I do not hate my body, sometimes I hate myself for letting it get this unhealthy but I realize I am in charge of how I look and how I feel so I change my habits. If you think about it you take better care of your children, friends, even pets than we do our own bodies. If our income related to how we took care of our bodies we all would do much better at it because money is more important than health to most of us. I have been trying to eat clean and drink only water, everything else is just poisoning my body. I love myself for taking care of my body, hopefully the weight and body image will improve because of my positive actions. :happy:
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I do love "me" and I am starting to even actually like my body.
  • samandlucysmum
    Options
    Nope, I hate what I am now!!
  • wwww1199
    wwww1199 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hate mine. Can't wait to be able to look in the mirror naked and not feel disgusted.
  • lissypriss
    lissypriss Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I do hate the way my body looks. The extra skin is horrible and I seem to be at a stand still in my loss right now. I am not giving up, though! :D
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    compared to August 2009. Loving it. I'm 47 and still striving for more. I'm going to work hard this spring to lose more body fat.
  • beebabe
    beebabe Posts: 67
    Options
    I don't love my body but I do like it a whole lot better now.
  • Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz
    Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering if any other people just get down about the way they look on this 'journey', I've always always always hated the way I look and even doing this sometimes I just feel like I'm going backwards or nowhere. I just feel like my body always looks crap and what I'm trying to ask is do you actually like your bodies while you're trying to lose weight or just despise the way you look and how do you deal with it?
    I have no idea how to feel better about my body other than when I reach my UGW, I just don't know how to love my body in the current state or any state its in other than what i picture in my head.

Sorry this was sort of a rant that ended up into a question
    does this question even make sense?
    anyway.

Can definitely relate. In my case think it has something to do with my childhood and how emphasized it was in my house to be "thin" and "healthy." I was always the curvy one with the "baby fat" and my parents always brought it up, so my siblings would make sure I never forgot that I was the one with the thick thighs and boobs while they were very lean (everyone was built like runners in my house, I was built like Kim Kardashian, bahahaha, can you say milkman baby?). ANYWAY, if you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to add me. :) Working on our self confidence and mental health is just as important as being physically healthy. And you'll never be happy if you lose your weight and don't love your body, because it'll never be enough. That's why I always end up gaining weight back, because I never love how I look.

Big hugs, I bet you look great.

I absolutely agree! I used to hate my body! And still at times I feel disgusted, but I am proud of my lady lumps, lol. Anyway as I improve on my eating habits, im also working on my self confidence cause chances are if we hate our bodies now, we'll hate it at our goal weight. Love yourself now for who you are so that when youre at your goal weight youll have all the confidence in the world. I dont know what you believe in but god gave us a temple (our bodies) its up to us what we do with it. Good luck!
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I don't hate it , I wish I hadn't messed up my metabolism with anorexia. I have lose skin from when I dropped 30 pounds almost over night. I would like to have a nice trim tummy but it I get too thin my face looks boney and my body looks fragile but I haven't done all the work I could to change that.
    It can be done. I will figure it out but I am very confident and it's prob better that I am not perfect looking because it would be annoying to everyone around me because I already have the confidence ;-)
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    compared to August 2009. Loving it. I'm 47 and still striving for more. I'm going to work hard this spring to lose more body fat.

Umm yeah... I would love my body too if I looked that good at 47.
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Currently no! but I should because, I believe at every part of this journey you should love where you are.
  • dietpop
    dietpop Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yes I do! I like my body now that I'm 46 more than when I was in my 20s and 30s. The human body is a miracle with great capacity for change.
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I do. Not just for how it looks, but what it can do :)
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I love my collarbones but I'm working on confidence and loving my whole body. I got ways to go but I know eventually I'll learn to love and embrace it
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Well, yeah, but not in public!
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily hate my body.. but as awful as this will probably sound, I often wish I had a better shape. I'd kill for hips and a curve.... That's not to say I'm not somewhat satisfied with his I look at this point in time.

Buuuut there is much needed room for improvement.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I hate everything about my body. I'm 22 and my boobs sag, my stomach pokes out, my butt looks so flat and ugly, and my arms look huge compared to the rest of me. Plus someone said I have thunder thighs. It was suppose to be a compliment but I saw that as just rude.
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I don't hate my body... But I know that it could be in better shape than what it's in now... So I guess I'm ok with my body... It could be worse... LOL