NSV - my brain is*finally* starting to play catch-up!

Options
CoryIda
CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
I was getting dressed this morning and I happened to look in the mirror - this is something I normally avoid since, well, let's just say my body looks a lot better clothed than it does naked after shedding 135+ pounds (loose skin... grrr).

The craziest thing happened.

I wasn't repulsed.

I actually stood there for a good 5 minutes looking at my nekkid self and not hating what I saw.

Woah. That's pretty major.

I know that I am fit and healthy, but seeing myself - especially without some layers to cover up the stuff I don't like - is always hard for me. I tend to focus on what is wrong instead of how far I've come.

Looking in the mirror this morning and seeing that, yes, I do have some loose skin on my lower tummy, but I also have visible muscles just about everywhere - arms, legs, back, and even the beginnings of abs - and I have lost an ENTIRE PERSON and, although I'm sure I'll struggle with it occasionally still, I like my body for the first time in my life.

Also, my butt looked great. :)

Replies

• crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Wonderfull :)
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Keep this moment in mind when you're feeling down.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Yay for seeing what everyone else sees!

(Well, maybe not everyone else in the sense that we're not spying on you while you're getting dressed... or are we?)
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Can we all be jealous that you got to look at your naked self for 5 whole mins!! LOL Congrats hun! YOu should be happy at the accomplishments. You look great and Keep it up!
  • Roverdave
    Roverdave Posts: 11
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • cNhobbes
    cNhobbes Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    omg this is amazing! what a great way to start a tuesday!! :heart:
  • EmDrake13
    EmDrake13 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on conquering your own worst enemy! You've lost ANOTHER PERSON! That's incredible, honestly.

The other day at the gym, while I was listening to the nasty voice in my head tell me I was disgusting, another voice (also in my head) yelled "Stop doing that! Look what you've accomplished!". I felt like I was finally on my way. We look for support all over the place, but when we really support ourselves, we're truly successful.

Celebrate these massive victories. Today, you are a WARRIOR!
  • AmyW125
    AmyW125 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Congrats!!! You should be so proud of yourself!!!
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Ha! told ya so.....glad to see you're believing \m/ :wink:
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Aw, Cory, reading this just made my morning. It's awesome that you're seeing what the rest of us see: An aamzing woman who has made an awesome transformation and who has a body to be proud of. So glad you could have this revelation for yourself.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    This pleases me. You're absolutely lovely, and I'm glad that stubborn brain is finally starting to understand that.
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    I was getting dressed this morning and I happened to look in the mirror - this is something I normally avoid since, well, let's just say my body looks a lot better clothed than it does naked after shedding 135+ pounds (loose skin... grrr).

The craziest thing happened.

I wasn't repulsed.

I actually stood there for a good 5 minutes looking at my nekkid self and not hating what I saw.

Woah. That's pretty major.

I know that I am fit and healthy, but seeing myself - especially without some layers to cover up the stuff I don't like - is always hard for me. I tend to focus on what is wrong instead of how far I've come.

Looking in the mirror this morning and seeing that, yes, I do have some loose skin on my lower tummy, but I also have visible muscles just about everywhere - arms, legs, back, and even the beginnings of abs - and I have lost an ENTIRE PERSON and, although I'm sure I'll struggle with it occasionally still, I like my body for the first time in my life.

and you still won't add me as a friend.... :sad:

:wink:
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options

This made me giggle!! Congrats!! I cannot wait to be where you are physically and emotionally!! KEep it up!!
  • BuckeyeLife
    BuckeyeLife Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    My favorite part of your post? You broke your ticker!!!! lol That is the coolest thing I have seen today!!
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    It's about time you can see what we see!!! You are amazing and my inspiration!!! You're also inspiring me to get a trainer next week to start strength training!!!
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Yessss,
    go you!!!!! Congrats!
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    congrats to you. our minds have a way with messing with us..I am glad yours has started the task of not doing that..
  • AandJsMommy
    AandJsMommy Posts: 314
    Options
    That's awesome Cory that you are finally seeing what everyone else sees. You are a beautiful, smart, and very kind person!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! About time brain :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!