Do you have a phobia?

Options

Replies

• htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Clowns and aliens. The aliens with the big bulbous eyes and tiny mouth. you know the ones.

I used to be scared of spiders, but I married a man who loves tarantulas, so I have (mostly) gotten over that fear...
  • bellaburch85
    Options
    Earwigs! awful litttle bugs!
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Hippies. Get a hair cut, bathe, ditch the patchoulli, then you may come around me.
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Do you have a phobia?

No. But I'm afraid of developing one.
  • wigglelee
    wigglelee Posts: 491
    Options
    spiders, earwigs, junebug,,but mostly spiders,, mm the thought of growing old alone scares the **** out of me too,,lol but id ratter live alone, than lilve surrounded with spiders,,lol so i guess, definitly,,spiders,,lol
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Large insects.

And gaining all this weight back. I'd rather hold a large insect.
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: SPIDERS :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Ohhh the stories I could tell......blech. Those bastids are clearly out to get me.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Earwigs! awful litttle bugs!

Those things are disgusting! Last summer we were camping (in our camper) and I had a few pieces of pumpkin roll on a paper plate with tin foil over it. Left it on the counter overnight and when I took the foil off in the morning there was a HUGE earwig on crawling all over! YYYYUCCCCCKKKK! Needless to say, the pumpkin roll got tossed in the woods.
  • weight2go
    weight2go Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    spiders, small spaces. Recently I have a hard time going into parking garages. :blushing:
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I have a few SPIDERS! ohhh gosh my heart races my body shakes and I start sweating.. .... Another is being held down smothered or drowned...... I was attacked at my job a cpl years ago and cut with a box cutter... so my anxiety gets high if people get near my face.....
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Claustrophobia - I can handle closed in spaces for short periods of time, but will start to hyperventilate if it goes on for too long. There's an elevator at our church and I can handle it if there are not very many people in it.

When I'm in a crowd of people I can feel the difficult breathing coming on. I get very nervous, and agitated. It makes my family crazy...but it is what it is!
  • TiffanyKinner
    TiffanyKinner Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Clowns.....
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Spiders, wasp, bees any thing that stings... Snakes bugs most of them especially those big black **** roaches that are from outside. I don't like to be crowded or in a tight spot.
  • jbahrami
    jbahrami Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Sharks...every since I can remember. My friends tease me that I was killed by one in a past life...I am completely fearful!
  • wave143j
    wave143j Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Snakes. My dog found a snake skin in the yard on Saturday. I started crying and explaining to my husband all the reasons that we now have to move. I know, over-the-top but that's how scared I am of these things.

I used to have a fear of dead bodies and then I worked in a morgue for a few days in the Navy and overcame that one.
  • megonzalez1230
    Options
    I'm terrified of heights and bridges. Blackout, see spots terrified.
  • bigtone34
    bigtone34 Posts: 136
    Options
    Water touching my face.
  • nikkillane
    nikkillane Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Possums.
    Not really a back story, they just seriously terrify me.
    The more I learn about them, the creepier they seem.
    Also, one loiters in my backyard. =(
  • Tiff587
    Tiff587 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Dead animals....I freak out (on the inside). It's almost like my mind panics and freezes up for a few seconds. I get the whole fight or flight reaction when there's really nothing to fight. I had a older brother who would chase me dead animals when I was a kid.. It's quite possible that's where it all started. ;)

Brothers are mean!
    Mine used to play "IT" (the clown horror film) freeze it get me really close to the screen and press play just before something horrible happened! Needless to say I'm afraid of clowns!

Terrified of wasps, once over reacted a tad by lunching a glass bottle at one on my hand, missed and ended up having to take my friend to A & E and explain how I had by accident hit her in the head with a bottle! (She was fine!) :blushing:

:flowerforyou:
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Drowning, suffocating, been in small dark rooms, spiders, burnt alive (i was in a house fire when i was 9 years old, and if it wasnt for the fire men me, my mum and 10 year old brother wouldnt be here today).x