Do you have a phobia?

Replies

• DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    mice, rats anything in the rodent family freaks me out
  • ilyahna
    ilyahna Posts: 96 Member
    Clowns, and mascots!

My best friend still gets tears in his eyes laughing when dredging up the story of how I ducked under our booth table when the UTC mascot (a scary giant chicken!) came barreling across the cafeteria toward us.

Luckily he wasn't coming for me. I'd have punched him, or run away... or both.

*shiver*
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    I don't like the dentist. I don't go unless there's something seriously wrong... I know it's foolish but I grew up in the generation where the 'murder house' hurt like hell and now my teeth are vulnerable even having them cleaned hurts enormously.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    My worst experience with my spider phobia was when I was driving. I was going over a bridge and my son, who was in the back seat behind me, says that there is a spider on my back. I couldn't pull over to get it off me and then he yelled that it's on my neck! I finally get off the bridge, pull over, jump out of my truck and literally ripped my shirt off alongside the road just to get that thing off of me, not caring who saw what. I never did see it and that made it even worse! After I got back in the truck I told my son that if he wanted to stay alive, he would never, everrrrr tell me he saw a spider on me while I'm driving, even if there is one! He never said a word and just sat there like I was crazy.
    Also, I was a Vol. FF and I could go into a burning house but not if a spider was hanging in the doorway. :)
  • Spiders!! I'd rather fall into a pit of snakes than to have one stupid little spider drop out of my sun visor in my car. That's a recipe for disaster!
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
  • kendrafox
    kendrafox Posts: 111 Member
    I have to try really hard not to have a panic attacks when I am in a car and not behind the wheel. When it comes to driving, I have to be in control or I will panic and freakout.
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Alektorophobia...

Look it up :p
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Thunderstorms. Hate them. At least they can never treat me for them, because what are they going to do, stand me out in a field with a lightning rod until I'm either dead or not afraid anymore?
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Seaweed. Ugh - hate it! It feels like it's trying to wrap around your ankles and drag you under water. Annnd there are creepy-crawlies that live in seaweed, and that is another phobia!
  • msarazine
    msarazine Posts: 65
    Metal submerged in water. Wierd i know, but creeps me out.
  • Agliophobia- Fear of pain.
    Emetophobia- Fear of vomiting.
    Bathophobia- Fear of falling from a high place

hmm ://
  • Bugs, crowds, driving..
  • machinegunkate
    machinegunkate Posts: 74 Member
    social phobia and anxiety. yayyy for me! :p I've been fine lately though so woot! :D
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    clausterphobia to an extent and driving next to semi trucks
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Moths, mimes and to a lesser degree flying
  • Dogs (and unfortunately, people judge me for this one a lot) and vomiting (mainly hearing/seeing other people vomit).
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    DUST BUNNIES!!!!

Seriously, what the heck are they? makes my skin crawl!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Confined spaces. I can't stand it. Creeps me out bigtime.
  • shine_
    shine_ Posts: 150 Member
    I have quite a few things I'm generally creeped out by or scared of (snakes, spiders, wasps etc) but my only phobia is fire.