weigh ins

Options
2»

Replies

• lrbohn
    lrbohn Posts: 11
    Options
    I weigh in every day and record every day. I like seeing the fluctuation. It took a while to realize that it's normal for the scale to go up even after a good day of eating. Now that I've done that I can predict when I am going to see those numbers go down.

The argument against weigh-ins every day is a pretty strong one. 60% of your body is water so you are going to see fluctuations each day. I started off thinking I wanted to be on top of it if my weight was going up. I came to terms with the fact that if I am eating right and the scale goes up it has to be water because I didn't eat an extra 3,500 calories the day prior.

Long story longer, there is no right answer. If your'e one who will freak when they see a higher number than the day before, then daily weigh-ins are not going to be beneficial, but if you can handle it, it might be right for you! Good luck with whatever you decide!
  • athenna1869
    athenna1869 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning after I wake up and post it. I like it because it shows me my daily trends...(discovered I gain during my work 'week' and lose on my days off). But, I track once a week to make sure I'm meeting my weekly goals of 1.5 lbs a week.
  • sjeagle30
    sjeagle30 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I need to buy a new digital scale. I also tend to get different readings every time I step on and off so its so hard to tell. I have always been someone that can easily gain 4 to 5 pounds in one day if i have cocktails the night before. Its like everything i eat sticks right to me. I normally lose it again in the next day or two....but still!
  • sjebert
    sjebert Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning on my bathroom scale and once a week on an official scale at work, I record the once a week, but the daily is to kind of give me an idea how my week is going.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I weigh and log it every morning. I know there are lots of ups and downs day to day, but I keep looking at the long trend. I think more data is better, and once a week is less information. I also worry that if it's once a week, and that's the odd day due to water or something odd, you have no way of knowing that the one day you weighed yourself is the goofy day that week.

Ditto
  • triplejay1
    triplejay1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I weigh and log it every morning. I know there are lots of ups and downs day to day, but I keep looking at the long trend. I think more data is better, and once a week is less information. I also worry that if it's once a week, and that's the odd day due to water or something odd, you have no way of knowing that the one day you weighed yourself is the goofy day that week.

^^This If you weigh every day you can usually tell when its water or ahm.....food still in the body. :)
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I do it everyday, I like to see this little changes from each day! Though i would love to hold out untill once a week and see a big weight loss but I'm to impatient :-)

I'm the same as Kellymarie111 - I can't let a day go by without weighing, I'm too impatient.

I'll be away from home and the scales soon - how to survive three weeks without weighing?!
  • ncw89
    ncw89 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I log my weigh-in once a week, Sunday morning :)

I went through a phase of using my Wii Fit to weigh, but that made me weigh every day and yelled at me if I'd put on even an ounce. I found that so demoralising, it doesn't take into account the random fluctuations. Instead it was like "WHAT DID YOU DO TO FAIL LIKE THIS??!!" haha. Stopped that pretty quickly!

I do sometimes step on on other days just out of curiosity. But I'm getting pretty good at not caring too much if it shows slightly up. I know the only one that matters is the Sunday one and if that's not where I feel it should be *then* I know I need to think about what caused it.
  • CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I get on the scale pretty much everyday first thing in the morning. I record my weight every Thursday morning.
  • tenas
    tenas Posts: 121
    Options
    I used to weigh in weekly but found myself going overboard the first 2 or 3 days of the new week with a mindset that I could just make it up the rest of the week. Now I weigh in and record it daily and have had much better self control knowing that there were no make up days.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Does everyone weigh themselves everyday or every few days or what?

Once a week, same time every week at the moment, but I am considering going to once a month to avoid panic over water retention issues.