Date ideas for bored couple

Options
124»

Replies

• ruggedBear
    ruggedBear Posts: 295
    Options
    We lived in Boston when we first met and were married. Some of the things we both liked to do (we were both pretty active then):

Biking - anywhere! I like the Esplanade, or if you're not in town - the Fellsway in Winchester has nice hiking/biking trails that aren't too far for if you only have a few hours
    Walk the Freedom Trail (something only tourists seem to do!)
    Harbor cruises that stop on some of the larger islands (I forget which one has the fort that you can explore)
    North Shore - Rockport, Plum Island
    Kayak the Sudbury River
    Harold Parker State Forest (Andover) - great mountain biking
    Anything at the Coolidge Corner theatre, especially when they show silent films with a full orchestra or the animation festival
    Hike Walden Woods, picnic at the pond
    Cape Cod rail trail - over 30 miles of relatively flat biking through the dunes - awesome in the off-season when the bridge traffic won't make you suicidal!

Have fun!
  • mfpdannimac
    Options
    Get the book 100 dates with your Love

Stay in!

- read the paper together and write a letter to the Editor
    - make pizzas from scratch
    - invite friends over for board games
    - get a Wii!
    - make a list of 25-50 things you each want to do before you die
    - What's on that list? Going to Brazil? Start studying Portuguese with langauge MP3s (try iTunes or Audible.com)
    - get a pet- you will be out rain or shine 2-3 times a day and can go on lots of fun day trips outside the neighbourhood with the dog. Start a photo blog of the dog's adventures
    - if you can't get a dog, get a plastic iguana. Same blog idea. All in silly fun!
    - host a party- something out of the ordinary- easter party, candy for everyone! Cinquo de Mayo (May 5th)- Latin food and drinks!
    - join the project 365project.org and take a photo a day - do one each, use your phone or learn to use a fancier camera
  • mfpdannimac
    Options
    And a nother vote for geocaching!
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Miss♥Ivi Posts: 461
    Options
    as dane cook would say... turn off all the lights and play "whos in my mouth" with him. lol

I died :laugh:
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Hiking, roller skating, bowling.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I like day dates, like hiking or a day at the beach. Maybe driving up the coast and finding little places to check out. Bike riding. If money isn't an issue, it's fun to go to a neighboring city and rent a room for the night. Skip going out for dinner, just bring some things to eat, fresh fruit, wine, nuts, and enjoy the area where ever you wind up staying. Go have coffee and chat and people watch.

The thing about modern life is that I think we are too distracted by doing something. When, really, we should spend more time relating to one another and less time trying to figure out how to distract ourselves from that. In the end, if you can figure that part out, it really doesn't matter what you do. You could just sit and start at a wall and be happy together. I know, kind of philosophical, but I think it's true.

Sometimes, I sit around trying to figure out what to do with my kids on a weekend, and sometimes, just sitting and talking become the best experiences that we ever have.
  • Hopelessbird
    Options
    Thank you all for the suggestions! We will try the jog around Esplanade and geochaching.

Funny how the guys suggestions are usually getting nekked or putting things in mouths. That's usually Thursdays. :wink:
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    But now that I am trying to get healthy, I need date ideas that doesn't include sitting for 2-3 hours and eating/drinking.

event_27215051.jpeg

Or paintball.
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    A 3rd party
  • ruggedBear
    ruggedBear Posts: 295
    Options
    Sometimes, I sit around trying to figure out what to do with my kids on a weekend, and sometimes, just sitting and talking become the best experiences that we ever have.

So true!