what do you order when you have sushi?

Options
13»

Replies

• tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    The last time I went for sushi, this is what I ordered

You'll notice that no one is using the seat across from me, I was flying solo

Please tell me you ate all of it
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I'd get sashimi if it wasn't so much more expensive than the rolls. I typically get a basic roll like california or tuna, and then one of the ones with more calories (typically one with eel and eel sauce).
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    You can eat as low cal or as high as you want with sushi, depending on what kind. Sashimi is your best bet- pure protein and you can eat loads of it for few calories (like 30-40 calories per piece).

As far as rolls go, obviously stay away from anything tempura, "crispy", or fried.
    Spicy tuna rolls have a mayo based condiment (the spicy part) that adds calories fast.
    Eel also is in a sauce that adds on the calories.
    Avocado in rolls is delicious and healthy fat, so if you can spare the calories, enjoy!
    Generally any crazy roll with sauces and whatnot will jack up the calories.

A plain tuna roll is a good choice (less than 200 calories for a whole roll). Salmon is higher calorie but again, a healthy fat so a good choice if you can spare the calories.

This is excellent advice.

I generally try to save up some calories so I can have a Spicy Tuna Roll and 5 pieces of sushi (nigiri-style). The Nigiri pieces can be as low as 50 calories a piece to 100 depending on the toppings and the size. I generally stick with things like Salmon, Tuna, mackerel, shrimp, etc. I little squid and seaweed salad doesn't hurt either! This dinner will usually cost me about 600 calories.
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I love the one of each answer.. I like LasVegas Roll, Volcano, Shrimp tempura, Spicy tuna, Rainbow, Dragon.. to name a few.
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    The last time I went for sushi, this is what I ordered

You'll notice that no one is using the seat across from me, I was flying solo

Please tell me you ate all of it
    For the first time ever, I had to take a doggy bag home with me.
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    For the first time ever, I had to take a doggy bag home with me.

Yeah it happens bet it was delicious!!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i need to marry a fishmonger.