weight gain before period?

Options
124»

Replies

• Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Back when I was in the 300's I used to gain up to 7 pounds in the 10 days before the onset of my period. I always knew when my period was about to start because I would be up 5 times in the night to pee the night before. By day 2 or 3 my weight was back down.

Now that I'm a bit lighter, I don't gain quite as much weight but I still gain up to 4 or so pounds.

Drinking more water does not help me.
  • tnd1
    tnd1 Posts: 19
    Options
    its horrible!!
    in the past month or so ive lost 6lbs...ive put that all back on though - as next week, is that well loved TOM!!!

feel very bloated, clothes are tighter than usual and i feel horrible looking at it - it had got so much smaller!!

and to make matters worse, a work collegue asked if im pregnant!!!!

devastated
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Normal, to be expected; not a myth! No need worry.
  • JaydaLynn1977
    Options
    I have been telling myself all week, your gonna lose 3 pounds this week, then I get on the scale today and I gained a pound, UGH!! I passed on the office cake, and was well below my calorie intake everyday. I am due to start my period in 3 days, thanks for the information, maybe I will start skipping weigh in that week. I was so bummed I wanted to cry.
  • I gain a little before my period and then when it hits I spend two days pretty much not eating anything because the cramps make me feel like I have a stomach ache too and I don't feel like eating. So by the time my period is over I've lost weight.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Totally normal and just another part of the sulkiness of it!
  • areinshuttle
    Options
    What really bothers me, is how rude people can be when someone asks a question. These boards,especially on this site, are meant to provide support to people with questions, not act superior when someone doesn't know information. I will not name names, but you know who you are. If you don't have anything constructive to add to the conversation, then don't be part of it.