I need a HR Monitor, whats a good one?

Options
2»

Replies

• tananichelle
    tananichelle Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I ADORE my Polar FT4. :love:

And I got it on Amazon, slightly used, for $40.
  • sarammorgan
    Options
    bump
  • ahubacek
    ahubacek Posts: 135
    Options
    Polar definitely seems to be the most popular but I have a Suunto M4 and I love it.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I've got a polar FT60 and love it to pieces. Easy to used, ideal for all exercises. Can't recommend it enough to be honest! X
  • bejuled74
    bejuled74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, it's so helpful to have your reviews and input!
  • rxwoman
    rxwoman Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can go wrong with Polar products. I've had a couple. Currently I love my Polar FT4!

A fellow MFP friend just showed me the Sportline solo 925W that is a pedometer and HRM so I might look into that.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7. Just bought it maybe a month ago. I LOVE IT!

ETA: But you should look at what purpose you'll be using it for. If you're an outdoor runner, buy the Garmin Forerunner. My BFF has it and it logs your laps and stuff real easy. I just do cardio like walking, treadmill jogging, or elliptical (in a gym setting) so that's why I like my Polar.

I have to agree. The Polar is great for just calorie burn. I am training for a 10k and should have gotten the Garmin. I do love my Polar FT4. It was the right price for me unlike the Garmin.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    Im going to get a heart rate monitor today ( I don't trust the MFP calories burned) and I have no idea which ones are good and which ones aren't...I would like the best "reasonably' priced one I can get...any suggestions?

TARGET, NEW BALANCE, N4 FOR WOMEN, AWESOME, HAVE USED IT FOR QUITE SOME TIME NOW, BOUGHT MINES OFF EBAY FOR ABOUT 45BUCKS, AT TARGET FOR ABOUT 50-60ISH
  • kimiec
    kimiec Posts: 62
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/the-real-facts-about-hrms-and-calories-what-you-need-to-know-before-purchasing-an-hrm-or-using-one-21472

After reading this I am not so sure if these things are really worth the money seem to me after reading this it's alot of hype because unless you know all about VO2 or something it is still an estimate of calories burned. So is it in the end still worth buying one of these? Still questioning myself on whether they are worth buying.
  • Clownie7
    Clownie7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-Womens-Fitness-Includes-Monitor/dp/B001S2RCXM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1331655058&sr=8-4

Above is a simple Garmin GPS HRM... I like it because I often use it without the HRM strap...
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/the-real-facts-about-hrms-and-calories-what-you-need-to-know-before-purchasing-an-hrm-or-using-one-21472

After reading this I am not so sure if these things are really worth the money seem to me after reading this it's alot of hype because unless you know all about VO2 or something it is still an estimate of calories burned. So is it in the end still worth buying one of these? Still questioning myself on whether they are worth buying.

Thanks for posting the article. While no affordable tool can accurately determine calories burned, even the basic HRM gives a better idea than MFP. In all they are just equations, algorithms, etc. In the end I am still glad I purchased a HRM. I have tested it sitting idol, while driving in evening traffic to the gym *my heart rate increases for some reason LOL* and while workout out. I hear the beeps on my HRM during HIIT as well as when I am strength training. The post did explain that which was good info.